It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September Sees Record Gun Sales

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
With the Oregon shooting not even a week old. September sales sees another record. I can only imagine what October's final tally is going to end up being. For every gun control push. People buy,BUY,BUY! Now mind you by the FBI back ground check ya know that thing where people have to ask permission from the state to buy a firearm. Tallied up to close to 1.8 million gun buyers in one month. That my friends is astounding.

The FBI’s National Instant Background Check System processed 1,795,102 applications to buy a firearm in September. That represents a new record: 335,739 more checks than the previous September high set in 2012, or a 23 percent increase.

Zeig Heil!

However just because a back ground check was processed does not mean a gun was sold. So make of what you wish of these numbers. It seems 2015 has been the best year on gun sales to date.

Quite an accomplishment there people, and this was before the Oregon shooting, the coming push for more restrictions. The harder they push the more people buy.

And look to private to private transactions to increase as well. While some people think they should be conditional on the state's permission.

They are not.

What say you ?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Fear sells doesn't it?.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Fear sells doesn't it?.

Sure does.

It's what created the Patriot Act, and the 'Affordable' Care Act.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Obama sets another record?

Let's see gun sales.

And let's not forget terrorism!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I think it says something more about public opinion on the matter. The loudest voices that I hear are always trying to say that it's a given that EVERYONE wants more laws on the books when it comes to gun control, but sales seem to show that people in America want guns. My feeling is that when these things happen people...

A.) Get scared and knee-jerk buy a gun for protection (although without training of any kind who knows how much good this will do them)

B.) Think that this new event will be the one to finally push through new legislation and finally make the purchase they've been mulling over but never took action on.

I really wonder how many of these gun sales could possibly be just the same gun owners buying new guns over and over again each tragedy...seems unlikely...

There's a very confusion trend of society telling me through the media that people are bad for wanting guns yet they are selling better than ever to more people than ever...

link   
So lets be all conspiracy and stuff.

So knowing how the American public react to shootings, buy more guns. Maybe the NRA are using mkultra to get people to commit mass shootings to increase their gun sales! Or, maybe the NRA is paying doctors to prescribe more mental health meds!

Just kidding.

link   
It brings to mind that thing that some smart guy a few years back said about every action having an equal and opposite reaction.

The more people smell a new gun law sneaking in, the quicker they'll be grabbing guns ..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Fear sells doesn't it?.

So does common sense as well as common knowledge.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
So lets be all conspiracy and stuff.

So knowing how the American public react to shootings, buy more guns. Maybe the NRA are using mkultra to get people to commit mass shootings to increase their gun sales! Or, maybe the NRA is paying doctors to prescribe more mental health meds!

Just kidding.

The NRA doesnt sell guns tho.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I think its very most likely B.

I really wonder how many of these gun sales could possibly be just the same gun owners buying new guns over and over again each tragedy...seems unlikely...

I agree, very unlikely.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Ok, you got me. But I think you can get what I'm trying to say. I'm sure certain NRA higher ups have lots of shares in gun companies.

But I was just joking anyway.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: seeker1963

And let's not forget what else guns can be used for.

Ascension Parish resident shoots down neighbor’s drone, says wife felt like it was watching her

Bought me a killer slingshot for that! No need to use a gun and invite the law into my life! Not that I have an ole lady, but if I ever see a drone hovering outside my house?

TARGET PRACTICE and THE LAW? Can't touch me!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wait, I thought Obama and the Left were trying to stop us from buying firearms. Turns out Obama has been the 2nd amendments best friend.

Isn't that nice of him?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oh they are.

People just refuse to go down without a fight is all.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Wait, I thought Obama and the Left were trying to stop us from buying firearms. Turns out Obama has been the 2nd amendments best friend.

Isn't that nice of him?

Not as easy to get around the 2nd as he thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Perhaps it is fear, but I have a feeling many things are involved. I do notice many more new faces at all the gun range I frequently visit. Also have anyone been to a gun store in the weekend lately? I see at least few new customers looking for their 1st guns every time I go. I see a change, a quiet change on how many in the new generation are viewing gun ownership, both for self protection and sports. The face of gun ownership is changing, there are now more minority and female shooters than ever before. Hell we have a couple of schools around here with rifle teams again.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Guilty as charged. Last month I bought my first new gun in 5 or 6 years. A S&W 9MM...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He hasn't been trying at all. He has been quite 2nd friendly. The only reason you seem to think so is because you expose yourself to too much propaganda......and help spread it.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

Perhaps it is fear, but I have a feeling many things are involved. I do notice many more new faces at all the gun range I frequently visit. Also have anyone been to a gun store in the weekend lately? I see at least few new customers looking for their 1st guns every time I go. I see a change, a quiet change on how many in the new generation are viewing gun ownership, both for self protection and sports. The face of gun ownership is changing, there are now more minority and female shooters than ever before. Hell we have a couple of schools around here with rifle teams again.

Fear is a great motivator. I have my mother's (yes, mother's... Mom was no fool) pump action shotgun. Mr. Cheddarhead works 2nd shift and I'm home alone most nights. Motion lights and noisy dogs go just so far, I want to be able to defend myself if I absolutely have to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join