It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Photos Released 4 Years After Japan's Nuclear Disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A Polish Journalist has released an amazing eye opening photo essay of some parts of the exclusion zone surrounding the Fukushima Nuclear plant. He is unable to gain access to the most contaminated areas yet, but the pictures are eye opening. It appears frozen in time with many pics of earth quake and tsunami damage as well. It remains to be seen how Japan plans to dispose of everything left in these zones including what looks like acres of " highly contaminated soil" stacked many levels high in some sort of plastic like bags. Is Japan doing enough to stop the spread of nuclear waste in you ATSer's opinions?

LINK
edit on 8/10/2015 by Gemwolf because: Fixed link

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thank-you for posting this. For some reason, I imagined a several square mile area barren of life around the reactor.

How is it that plants, grass, flowers grow, but the cars are not safe to drive away? As an aside, I found that photo of the stack of televisions interesting. In 2011, the residents (apparently) didn't have flat-screen TVs?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
WOW radioactive fallout has a weird effect on TV's. i.dailymail.co.uk... The disaster is only about 4 years old I thought.... .

ah I see you noticed too haha... also how old is that motorbike?

originally posted by: carewemust
I found that photo of the stack of televisions interesting. In 2011, the residents (apparently) didn't have flat-screen TVs?

edit on 7-10-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I expected the same, you would think all of this incredible plant growth would be affected by "contaminated soil". Seems not. I do not know the science behind it either, I think perhaps metal like objects retain the radiation... I wonder what will happen to those cows with white spots on their coats. The farmer is quoted as saying" they think the spots are from eating contaminated grass" If so should these cows not be slaughtered to avoid pain and suffering as well as continuing to contaminate through their own waste? I would think there must be studies as to the effects of radiation on farm animals say after Chernobyl. I would think the white spots on the coats were from fall out from the rain afterwards. Looks very similar to skin damage on Japanese fisherman caught in unexpected fall out clouds from experiments at Bikini Atoll back in the 50's or 60's. I wonder if it is possible for the plant life, ground and cows to be OK after all of this, maybe there is hope after all?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Thank-you for posting this. For some reason, I imagined a several square mile area barren of life around the reactor.

How is it that plants, grass, flowers grow, but the cars are not safe to drive away? As an aside, I found that photo of the stack of televisions interesting. In 2011, the residents (apparently) didn't have flat-screen TVs?

Read The Fate of the Earth by Jonathan Schell
It has a lot of info about what happens when the environment is subjected to high amounts of radiation.
Certain plants and insects can stand high amounts. Most higher orders of animals die off first.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Yep, they did. I checked twice… although they show a cow in the barn, they omitted the pic of the cows at pasture.

podniesinski.pl

Omission of emissions huh, daily hoodwink?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
WOW radioactive fallout has a weird effect on TV's. i.dailymail.co.uk... The disaster is only about 4 years old I thought.... .

I found that photo of the stack of televisions interesting. In 2011, the residents (apparently) didn't have flat-screen TVs?

It looks like an old honda, but i suspect it is much newer. It looks like probably an early nineties Jade model honda. Badges look nothing like the old ones, and there werent that many 250 models available. Im not a Honda guy tho. Could be a hornet i guess, would be newer, and IIRC Honda only sold those in Japan.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes looks like lots of seemingly healthy cows there, I suppose looks could be deceiving. I did see something recently abut Chernobyl that stated basically evacuating all of those people was more damaging to them then not, wildlife there is flourishing without problems and those that stayed in the region do not have much higher incidence of cancer than is normally recorded. I wonder if this is conspiracy, or if the horrible damage we are all meant to believe is the conspiracy. Interesting.

Just found this about Chernobyl:

www.21stcenturysciencetech.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

It seems like this is just an old TV dump! I guess people took their flat screens with them

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thank-you for that referral to "The Fate of the Earth", Butcherguy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Those cracks in the pasture grounds seem a bit off to me... why wouldn't they be covered over by plants, like everything else, by now?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Looks like a late 80s to early 90s yamaha 250, but that is besides the point, my mother in the navy stationed at misawa air base when this happened and was part of the evac team to get people out, the way she tells it is a bit different than the media and story book versions. Where the fallout is above any standard of safe it is not near as bad as people say. That is why the plant and wild life has retaken the area. As far as the cars being safe to move, they were safe to move as soon as it was safe for people to come in and start clean up. (I suspect some over exaggeration in severity)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Hmm I looked back and that is true, maybe the cows can walk in there,therefore they have stopped any grass from developing a good root system in order to flourish? I know Japan has limited space and the rest of the grass looks eaten down to the nub...
edit on 3107Wed, 07 Oct 2015 13:07:09 -0500America/Chicago072015fWednesday20152015 by tiredoflooking because: spellinggggg

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Looks like a late 80s to early 90s yamaha 250, but that is besides the point, my mother in the navy stationed at misawa air base when this happened and was part of the evac team to get people out, the way she tells it is a bit different than the media and story book versions. Where the fallout is above any standard of safe it is not near as bad as people say. That is why the plant and wild life has retaken the area. As far as the cars being safe to move, they were safe to move as soon as it was safe for people to come in and start clean up. (I suspect some over exaggeration in severity)

I really think it might be exaggerated as well, funny I wonder what is behind the drive to over exaggerate? I mean I know the world is so concerned about nuclear damage and it seems it might be not so needed. Usually countries and companies under do things... I just do not understand the motivation behind over selling it!!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I found that photo of the stack of televisions interesting.

That's one that struck me too. I was thinking the Japanese evidently don't like big screen tv's. They were mostly a similar small size....

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I wonder what is behind the drive to over exaggerate?

I'm not sure but I hope it's Nuclear Power's death throws. Perhaps we can switch to Thorium reactors instead.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

How come plants dont get cancer or radiation poisoning and die? Looks like theyre doing better than ever. Something to be learned from the humble weed?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

How come plants dont get cancer or radiation poisoning and die? Looks like theyre doing better than ever. Something to be learned from the humble weed?

I want to know where all the super heroes are..?Surely we should have a few now after this amount of time...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Yeah it's weird, it looks like a thriving jungle!!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
A Polish Journalist has released an amazing eye opening photo essay of some parts of the exclusion zone surrounding the Fukushima Nuclear plant. He is unable to gain access to the most contaminated areas yet, but the pictures are eye opening. It appears frozen in time with many pics of earth quake and tsunami damage as well. It remains to be seen how Japan plans to dispose of everything left in these zones including what looks like acres of " highly contaminated soil" stacked many levels high in some sort of plastic like bags. Is Japan doing enough to stop the spread of nuclear waste in you ATSer's opinions?

www.dailymail.co.uk... erness.html?ito=social-facebook

Maybe they were buying TV's made in Japan. I know I got my 1st flat screen just a couple years ago. My other TV's lasted longer. The older they were, the longer they lasted. Each new TV last less years. Kind of like everything else.

They might not dispose of it because they don't have any place to do so. Unless they plan on loading barges up and sinking them somewhere, which I hope they don't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join