It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prime Minister Cameron shredded on Saudia Arabia Human Rights Council deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This interview.... Syria questions start at 3:20. Saudi questions start at 5:27

Cameron gets absolutely shredded on the UK/ The "West's" Special Relationship to Saudi Arabia.

What is he really saying in this interview?

The West is being blackmailed by the Saudi dictatorship to give uncompromising support to its dodgy dictatorship or theyll allow terror plots they could stop to go ahead?

edit on 7-10-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The West is being blackmailed by the Saudi dictatorship to give uncompromising support to its dodgy dictatorship or theyll allow terror plots they could stop to go ahead?

That's one way for the Wahhabist sect to take over important parts of the international community.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ooooh nice! He was seriously wrong footed there simply couldn't/wouldn't answer, well except for going round and round repeating himself over and over again.

Never knew we'd done a deal with them to get them on the Human Rights Panel!!! Again you scratch my back I'll scratch yours...so annoying.

"We need a version of Islam that properly promotes peace & tolerance and does not in anyway encourage hatred of any other religion of demonisation of Jews....." Oh right and Saudis are just the guys for the job I'm sure

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Except they're not taking it over, they're blackmailing it?

Or maybe you're right, taking it over.

And that okay so long as they only fund terror groups that commit genocide in the middle East and not in Europe or other places?

Are the middle eastern races subhuman? Do they deserve terrorism more than us?

Is this our policy? Is this what were saying?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Oppression and corruption gets a free pass when it suits your agenda. Cameron knows that.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Lying little weasel. The reason we are allies with Saudi Arabia, it's because they are our biggest customers for Arms deals. What a toe rag

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Then that makes Cameron a Class A hypocrite and complete and utter fraud.

Did we know that already? Perhaps im not as in touch with the "crusties on the street" as I should be.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Mean while a kid is facing being beheaded in SA for protesting....

And SA are now the UN head of human rights....

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
a reply to: Boeing777

Then that makes Cameron a Class A hypocrite and complete and utter fraud.

Did we know that already? Perhaps im not as in touch with the "crusties on the street" as I should be.

ISIS and Saudi Arabia have a lot in common. Moaning about one while being in bed with the other shows who Cameron really is. A hypocrite. Human rights was never a concern.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That's pretty much it, and Cameron even gave a curious example...the Saudis passed on intelligence about a, "bomb being blown up over Britain" was he talking about an airburst, perhaps with even more nasties in it??

Blackmail sounds very good.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
That's pretty much it, and Cameron even gave a curious example...the Saudis passed on intelligence about a, "bomb being blown up over Britain" was he talking about an airburst, perhaps with even more nasties in it??

Exactly thats what I though.....blackmail

# the Saudis.....

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

I'm not anti Israel or West, but in the spirit of honesty I wonder if Saudi Arabia is a bit of a gift horse to the West. On the one hand a guarantee to as much oil as the West can guzzle up and on the other there is some kind of agreement that Saudi Arabia will not act militarily against Israel. They seem to be the two main positives. With such friends something as small as human rights violations (sarcasm ON) can be overlooked in the boardroom of power. Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder???

Cameron is just a broker for the relationship and it is his job to hype the "special relationship" in what he sees as the West's interests.

edit on 7-10-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

In a country of 20 million, I find it fascinating that there are only thousands of people who are against Assad and are not terrorist.

He admits to supporting a group of people who represent less than 1/10th (.0001) of a percent of the nation.

Sounds like only .0001 are mercenaries willing to fight for facisist globalization under the guise of democracy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: smurfy

Exactly thats what I though.....blackmail

# the Saudis.....

Well, I was expecting John Snow to take Cameron to task about the bomb remark, since Cameron could be just lying to 'prove' his point, but it was almost the end of the interview...but I'd love to hear more about this bomb at some time.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
Well there is the Quincy agreement made between the us and Saudi in 1945.
en.m.wikipedia.org...(CA-71)#The_Quincy_Agreement assuring cheap oil to America in response for protection and custom. On the grounds the us would never interfere with the whahbi religion of Saudi Arabia

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Makes me sick the UK being blackmailed by those desert barbarians.

Id turn it and say if the UK is attacked we will drop pig # over mecca.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This has been happening for a long time. The UK has lucrative defence contracts with the Saudi's, not forgetting the oil industry and air travel.

new topics

top topics

join