It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! 4 Russian warships launch 26 missiles against ISIS from Caspian sea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

If fired from the south of the sea the missiles would only over fly over Iran and Iraq. My guess is that's where they came from.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: generalspecific

what is my agenda? The death of terrorists that are funded by my government? Hell your country is just as involved and guilty as they seem to follow anything mine does as well as Canada and UK.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
another month of Russian strikes and Isis will well and truly be history, anyone else sense that?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well it looks like the terrorists had another bad day as Russia rained down death from above. If they were smart they would just go back to thier home countries or surrender. Anyways here is some footage of the death raining down on them for all of our entertainment, for those who would see the terrorists give up thier vain causes and change course.
I am entertained, I shouldnt be entertained by the death of terrorists but to be honest I am. . . . .

This night ship strike group of the Russian Navy launched cruise missiles against ISIS infrastructural facilities in Syria.
This night the ship strike group of the Russian Navy consisting of the Dagestan missile ship, the small-sized missile ships Grad Sviyazhsk, Uglich, Veliky Ustyug launched cruise missiles against ISIS infrastructural facilities in Syria from the assigned district of the Caspian Sea.
The firing was conducted by high-precision ship missile systems Kalibr NK, the cruise missiles of which engaged all the assigned targets successfully and with high accuracy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Spot on

The missile attacks came from Russia’s fleet in the Caspian Sea, which borders Russia, Iran and three other littoral countries. The precision weapons reportedly hit all intended targets. The attacks apparently required cooperation from Iran and Iraq, as the missiles had to travel through their airspace to reach Syria.

From the original post

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I'm not arguing about who is funding the terrorists, or who is right or wrong. My point is it's to early to get carried away with 20 odd missile strikes from Russian vessels. It's a drop in the ocean. Pardon the pun :-p
edit on 7-10-2015 by generalspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Looks like our "game of terrorists" failed. The USA and Allies should just withdraw now before we make it worse for ourselfs.

Even the USA government shills on ATS are struggling with this one

Just my opinion, of course.

I think we're still playing "game of terrorists". The only difference is, we've invited Putin to play the "bad cop".

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Wouldn't be surprised at all, I think an open mind is essential looking at this mess.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Not sure what else to say, but IS fighters should just call it the quites and go home already.

Who in thier right mind, would be willing to risk being at the recieving end of precision guided misile attackes raining from the skies?

They wouldn't know what hit them. For the love of your dear lives, give up and go home already.

edit on 7-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I think that although partially correct ,we peoples as well as other countries have been watching and learning post 911 .Many of our suspicions have been brought under a bright light and have exposed the underbelly of this terrorism movement . Sure there will always be small cells but this ISIS/ ???? working group have shown the real powers behind the ruse . Even taking into account the NGO's cover for creating revolutions and coups is far less powerful as a tool .

The consistent banter of the MSM as well as other sources is becoming less effective in convincing the masses .Things are becoming less effective for the bad guys and so the big business of terrorism will have to be less obvious and there for less effective ...imo

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

haha ok right so I think we are on the same page. This is only the first day of naval bombardment. would be interesting if they attack from the Mediterranean and the Caspian while also flying some effective air sorties. At that point They will have proven their logistic capabilities .

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It makes me chuckle people saying the US is supplying terrorists. That's like saying the founding fathers were terrorists. The fsa are from syria trying to remove assad like the vast majority of the Syrian people want.

To put it in simple terms. If a revolution were to happen in America and china supplied the Free American Army would you lable our militias terrorists. I didn't think so. If those weapons got into the hands of a group that crossed the border to claim American land those are the terrorists. Like hmmmmmmm Isis is doing. I swear the ignorance is strong with some.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Probably, but this makes another question even more legitimate :

If they ever succeed, how is it possible that the Russians with their rusty ships and their disco-era fighter jets managed to defeat ISIS while the US coalition and its modern gear stalled for so long ?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

founding fathers did not work with cannibalistic, crucifying, slave traders (well maybe slave traders, oops) child murdering psychopaths that burn people alive and cut off their heads solely for being Christian. Besides the FSA is virtually non-existant as of the beginning of this year anyways as many of them merged with Daesh.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
It makes me chuckle people saying the US is supplying terrorists. That's like saying the founding fathers were terrorists. The fsa are from syria trying to remove assad like the vast majority of the Syrian people want.

To put it in simple terms. If a revolution were to happen in America and china supplied the Free American Army would you lable our militias terrorists. I didn't think so. If those weapons got into the hands of a group that crossed the border to claim American land those are the terrorists. Like hmmmmmmm Isis is doing. I swear the ignorance is strong with some.

They are terrorists period.

Do you support terrorism against the Assad regime? Simple yes or no answer please.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
If Putin is this angry now imagine his wrath if any terrorist attacks take place on Russian soil or if any of his soldiers are taken by ISIS. I wouldn't like to push him. I hope wimpy David Cameron keeps hit mouth shut otherwise those missiles could be landing in the UK!!

Russians are already angry from the terrorist attacks have happened in the past.
The Moscow theater siege: en.wikipedia.org...
Belsan school siege: en.wikipedia.org...
Bombing of the Moscow Metro, 2010
Attack on the Domodedevo International Airport

www.spiegel.de...

Now if these terrorists are sneaking into Western Europe along with refugees, there's a good chance they'll try and move into Eastern Europe.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Russian ships and jets won't defeat ISIS, just as american ships and jets wont. you need troops to complete the mission. Russia has the advantage of Assads army where as the western coalition has been training and arming an unknown quantity in the different rebel organisations. If reports of Russian troops being mobilized into the area pan out then you'll see the rebels disperse and instead of having obvious battle fronts and targets gorilla warfare will ensue. As soon as the Russian troops leave the rebels will be back, unless or until Assad's forces are strong enough to maintain control. The region will still be in turmoil long after I'm dead

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The question is , is it IS they are bombing or Syrian rebels against Assad...?

You should ask the same question about US bombings. Who were they bombing in these last years? Fly's? Syrian forces? maybe the desert...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Absolutely, at some stage you always needs the boots on the ground.
Now besides Assad, the Russians can also count on the Iranians and the Lebanese.
It's interesting to consider imo that this line of allegiance between Russia's allies and the US traditional allies in the region follow the local Shiites/Sunnis splitting.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Because stalling a war is good for business. The ole' "War is big business" model has been caught with it pants down by Russia.

So Russia quickly, swiftly, cleanly and accurately takes out 11 IS positions in one day ?

I smell trickery on the horizon.. maybe a little Caspian Incident ala Tonkin... :/
Some are always trying to provoke, or play with false flags

Or just being plain high-tech-stupid and trying to match today's attack, accidentally vaporizes several hospitals..

Really hope this won't overflow. Sure hope they share some basic military information about one other, US & Russia.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join