It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

photos from Tikaboo Peak October 2015 (new new hangar)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

The windows or whatever they are can be "seen" with the naked eye. This is hard to explain unless you have watched the base from Tikaboo at night. Basically you watch the base with your eyes and you can tell something has changed. Then you get out the binoculars and figure out what changed. You can detect brake lights if the back of the car is facing Tikaboo.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gfad

There doesn't seem much to be there besides the hangar itself, though I guess some stuff could be obscured by it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
HI Gariac,

Always look forward to your pictures but your site is currently down.....have you had a tap on the shoulder?

Cheers
Robbie
edit on 16-10-2015 by stratsys-sws because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yes, interestingly both URL's in the OP are reporting the server is down. The MiB's have stolen all your hard drives!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: stratsys-sws
HI Gariac,

Always look forward to your pictures but your site is currently down.....have you had a tap on the shoulder?

Cheers
Robbie

DDOS attack on the hosting company. It is up now.

You can always save photos to your hard drive. I don't insult your intelligence with a right click lockout. ;-)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I neglected to mention the conditions of the road to Tikaboo. Of course things change, but based on my trip, I consider the road not suitable for cars. No problem for high clearance vehicles.

There are three rather deep dips in the road due to washouts. In a SUV, just drive slowly. Much of the road was powdery. I've never seen that much powder. You certainly wouldn't want to speed through turns.

www.wrcc.dri.edu...

The link has past and present weather conditions. The window for sane Tikaboo camping is closing rapidly.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Hi Gariac,

Finally got around to checking these out S&F for you, thank you for taking the effort to go and get these shots, seriously great work and a much appreciated contribution as always.

Cheers
Robbue

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

Couldn't agree more. Especially seeing as some people don't give credit where credit is due, its worth stressing that those of us who are interested but can't climb Tikaboo or visit Nevada are grateful for all your efforts.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I wonder why they still let people climb Tikaboo peak. Why the area hasn't been classified as government/military property, off-limits for civilians, is beyond me. Anyone got an idea?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Clairaudience
I wonder why they still let people climb Tikaboo peak. Why the area hasn't been classified as government/military property, off-limits for civilians, is beyond me. Anyone got an idea?

I think the occupancy of Tikaboo is so infrequent that it doesn't cause the base much lost time.

The distance to the base is significant that unless you use a telescope, photography is futile. Based on uploaded photography, maybe only a quarter of the climbers do any revealing photography. (Climbing Tikaboo is one thing. Climbing with a telescope, gear head, tripod, etc. is another.) What photography that does occur is done during the day, and even then, the early hours of daylight. The base can test at night with sufficient privacy.

Satellite photography is cheap these days. How much more "harm" is done by Tikaboo photography?

The base has a camera on Tikaboo. They can be documenting the visitors in order to make a case to steal more land. Telling Congress there are snoopers on the hill is one thing, but a PowerPoint presentation with photos of people is another.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
New imagery on TerraServer, looks complete.
www.terraserver.com...

edit on 13-12-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Interesting! I wonder what the "lump" on the western side is? Support buildings/offices? Apart from that there isn't much else around, which would support the scoot-and-hide hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's a simple, fixed "drive thru" type of hangar..The only way that thing is moving is if you use a bulldozer..

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

There is a nearby patch of desert that has been "grubbed" (organics removed). That could be for future construction.

The west side does have a parking lot, so wouldn't that rule out the scoot and hide?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Could the Bus antenna be a for WiFi. It must get pretty damn boring on those buses, in the Desert. For security reasons I would think No WiFI. But just a thought

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

If there was wifi on the bus, you would need a mobile data source. Route 375 is kind of a data black hole. Besides, most likely you would have to leave your phone with the guards. Also the wifi antenna would be inside the bus

I'm not ruling out tire pressure sensors, but the antenna could be for some detection system to alert the dudes. But that wouldn't have to be under the bus unless there is some transponder along the route.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Could the Bus antenna be a for WiFi. It must get pretty damn boring on those buses, in the Desert. For security reasons I would think No WiFI. But just a thought

Segue? I will crawl underneath and have look next trip.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I guess that's true, and it does look like there are a few vehicles there.

My theory was always that there was going to actually be an aircraft operating regularly from the hangar, but wouldn't that need fuel tanks and a whole lot more infrastructure?

a reply to: EBJet

Who said the hangar was going to move!?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gfad
a reply to: gariac

I guess that's true, and it does look like there are a few vehicles there.

My theory was always that there was going to actually be an aircraft operating regularly from the hangar, but wouldn't that need fuel tanks and a whole lot more infrastructure?

a reply to: EBJet

Who said the hangar was going to move!?

They have fuel trucks.

www.novagrp.com...
www.novagrp.com...

As an aside, Nova Group has some Nellis contract, but that doesn't mean they do the Groom tanks. But you can see they have a lot of military contracts.

At regional airports, something like a Signature hangar doesn't seem all that built up. But this is all conjecture. The key will be if that grubbed dirt sprouts a building. I've yet to see them scrape the ground and not have something pop up. Generally that top scraping is off hauled, and that costs money, so there is a goal in mind.
edit on 15-12-2015 by gariac because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2015 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A scoot and hide hangar has rollers and tracks which allows the hangar to move. They're commonly used at RCS facilities

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join