It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

photos from Tikaboo Peak October 2015 (new new hangar)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
www.lazygranch.com...

Well the new new hangar, not to be confused with the just plain new hangar, is complete. the only odd thing about it are the windows on the lower level. If they look right onto the hangar, seems to me you might see a secret aircraft. Of course, getting on base could be problematic.

On the same page, I included a shot of the latest incarnation of the Range 61 target, which is not far from Tikaboo Peak. They added mannequins to the target.

As a bonus, here is a shot of the white bus and perhaps an antenna index the bus.
www.lazygranch.com...

On the same page, I added a photo of some white things that might be additional cameras in the camera section.

Please don't post links to the photos, but look at them on the website directly. Hot linking encourages people to steal my copyrighted photography.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Awesome pics, as always Gariac!!! Fantastic! Thank you!

I don't think those are Windows around the base of the hangar. They're more than likely aluminum louvers used for ventilation.

These are probably for low level fuel vapor ventilation and exhaust from the hangar, for fuel systems maintenance or somewhat comprehensive (out of the [known] norm) fueling operations, under the cover of a hangar, instead of out in the open per typical fueling, etc.

This all lends credence to our original speculations that this hangar would be used as a 'rapid deployment' hangar, for a particular asset.

Keeping all of the above in mind, the hangar or area at Groom (or another base) where this 'asset' had been kept at, readied at, and taxied from, previously, would have similar ventilation appropriate for their operations under non-rapid deployment conditions.

This is just a somewhat educated guess of mine, but I have a feeling about this one...

Thanks again Gariac!!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Is that panorama pics for the coveted Area 51? If so then OMG and I am stunned! Never thought I would have any chance of feasting my eyes on this no go zone, in my life time anyway.

Thanks alot Gariac, any pics of some aliens roaming the barren lands by any chance...as well..

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I think the most recent panoramas are on the "updates" page. As you can tell by my website, I use no CMS. Stuff like WordPress, Drupal, etc. didn't even exist when I started the website.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Nice new pics! Thanks. Most of us know the effort it takes to get these pics. And, we also know that there may not always be access to this vantage point. So, thanks again for the great work!!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

They turned on the lights at night and we could see the lit areas of the windows. I don't think louvers would leak much light.

If the base were to do it to "code", there would be a mesh to block RF leakage from the vent, plus a metal panel some distance away from the vent but essentially covering it to block sound.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Excellennt photo's

How far away are you when taking these?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

You can check it with Google Earth. I think the distance is 25 miles.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I think the most recent panoramas are on the "updates" page. As you can tell by my website, I use no CMS. Stuff like WordPress, Drupal, etc. didn't even exist when I started the website.

Very cool pics, I understand you've been doing this for a while now...great job

By the way, just out of curiosity, is it safe to take pictures of Ares 51, if I'm not wrong, it's highly classified area right?

edit on 7-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
That's really damn cool, but I've gotta state the obvious, be careful out there man. If they think you're spying on military secrets...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Fascinating! !!!! ! Awesome pics . I am / have always been intreaged by are 51. The secrecy of the busses and planes coming and going. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Great work! Much appreciated

Does seem to be more along the lines of a scoot-n-hide
edit on 071Wednesdaypm2015-10-07T19:42:23-05:00kWed2015710 by BlackDog10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Great pics, thanks ! There's something a bit creepy about that target range.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Awesome pics, this is the only reason I want to visit Nv haha

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

This hangar is, as Donald Trump would say, huuuuuuge. It is more than a scoot and hide. The hangar is a bit taller than average.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Nice shots, I`d love to take that adventure up there one day.

Any ideas what might hide inside it from time to time?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackDog10
Does seem to be more along the lines of a scoot-n-hide

Don't see what evidence would point to that....

If anything almost all the existing evidence points towards Groom being the long term base for a new asset that needs to be separated from the testing in the north end for independent operation.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

Isn't the north side more like base ops rather than testing? That is where the have the jolly pads and park the F-16s, plus the hush house which is probably for maintenence.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: weavty1

They turned on the lights at night and we could see the lit areas of the windows. I don't think louvers would leak much light. If the base were to do it to "code", there would be a mesh to block RF leakage from the vent, plus a metal panel some distance away from the vent but essentially covering it to block sound.

Very nice! I expect these to be splashed all over soon by... that Janet dude.

Maybe they aren't quite finished on the windows/vents. Louvers and fans to install. And a berm wouldn't be surprising either?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

The north end of the current Base is more ops (I bow to your superior knowledge on this one) but the new hangar is so far south I think it's an entirely independent area. I'm counting the north as everything that's not the new hangar! That said, there doesn't seem to be signs of any other support buildings.

What's your thinking Gariac? Do you tend towards the scoot-and-hide or home to something more exotic?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join