It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America needs more guns to prevent shootings. Lets learn from Switzerland.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
America has to do something to stop these shootings. Gun control is not the answer. If you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

Switzerland has the highest Gun per Person ratio and the least gun violence. How is this?

Because nobody goes to shoot up a place where they will get shot themselves. They've had one mass shooting in 2001.

Here's a TIME article to give you some background in Switzerland.

world.time.com...

Even as the gun-control debate rises again in the U.S. in the aftermath of the horrific school shooting in Newtown, Conn., the gun-loving Swiss are not about to lay down their arms. Guns are ubiquitous in this neutral nation, with sharpshooting considered a fun and wholesome recreational activity for people of all ages.

Even though Switzerland has not been involved in an armed conflict since a standoff between Catholics and Protestants in 1847, the Swiss are very serious not only about their right to own weapons but also to carry them around in public. Because of this general acceptance and even pride in gun ownership, nobody bats an eye at the sight of a civilian riding a bus, bike or motorcycle to the shooting range, with a rifle slung across the shoulder.

Here are some Visuals to help drive home the message.

Im not going to shoot anybody up if they all can shoot back.

Now, Bring on the wolves

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

There is something you fail to understand here.

The mental cases who commit these acts are not afraid to die. In fact in many cases they end up taking their own lives.

You logic is invalid.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

So our legislation is perfect, and its not the guns its the people?

So Gun control shouldn't even be on the table.

It should be healthcare for crazies.

I think plenty would disagree.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In Switzerland I think you have to go to a shooting range to get ammunition though. I'll have to dig around for the article where I read that.

Still it wouldn't hurt for Americans to be more educated in gun ownership and use.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There's also a mandatory military service of two years if you're a Swiss citizen, after your service I believe you may keep your firearms...I could be mistaken,Still that would explain the high firearm ownership.
edit on 6-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, I was going to tell you somebody would be along shortly to tell you why your logic is invalid, but it seems I'm a little late. I would be willing to bet many of those "mental case" mass shootings wouldn't have taken place if the shooter knew someone was going to be shooting back.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Do Psycho Mass murders make it through the military service?

This could be a way to weed them out and act accordingly.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Indeed it should be.

It's at least an attempt at trying to prevent these fruit cakes getting their hands on lethal weapons.

edit on 6-10-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

From the OP

If you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

In the past no, but most recently they have weeded out people before they even get to boot camp. That I think includes those who are not psychologically fit for service. [url=http://www.swissinfo.ch...]

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

If you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

Outlaws already have guns. Mainly the criminal type.

Mental cases shoot up schools and colleges. Outlaws commit mainly monetary crime at the point of a gun. In fact if they shoot one of their own, then that's another criminal off the street.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Switzerland has some of the most strict gun control measures short of a total ban.

They are not the example.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This is my conclusion as well though, Switzerland is not representative.

All of the social engineering programs produce negative results which are then referred to as evidence for the need for even stricter programs.

Failure thrives, instead of being summarily dismissed as folly, deeper and more destructive encroachments upon liberty are fallaciously justified.

Gun bans are just one of many examples of this self-reinforcing regulatory expansion.
edit on 6-10-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Based on the two charts alone I think it might be worth looking into.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

So our legislation is perfect, and its not the guns its the people?

It should be healthcare for crazies.

I think plenty would disagree.

I'd have to say your logic is invalid because those loons that commit these mass shootings probably wouldn't undertake such a horrible act if they knew they had a good chance of being killed before they ever pull the trigger. Their mentality is to take as many with them as possible. Their suicide is never before offing somebody. It only comes when they think they're not going to get any more and are backed into a corner.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
a reply to: projectvxn

Based on the two charts alone I think it might be worth looking into.

It isn't the gun ownership that makes the difference in Switzerland.

Japan has a total ban on gun ownership and have the most law abiding population on the face of the planet.

It's a matter of culture.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The mental cases who commit these acts are not afraid to die. In fact in many cases they end up taking their own lives.

You logic is invalid.

Nearly all of the mass shootings in the US take place in "gun free" zones. If they don't fear death why aren't they committing these acts where there is a chance of an armed civilian returning fire?

Your logic is invalid.

edit on 6-10-2015 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Can we please stop comparing other countries to the US ?

No two countries have the same political systems,the same socioeconomics, or the same legislative, and judicial practices.

Further more there is so much ethnic diversity in this country. It just can't be compared anywhere else.

It just doesn't work.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

It's not the death they fear. It isn't even as basic as the fear of death.

It is the amount of damage created that makes these choices clear.

They don't want to be taken out until they can maximize the level of damage they can do.

You'll notice they don't run from the cops. Nor do they wait for arrest.

They kill until they are killed, or until they are prevented from killing any further.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

You logic is invalid.
The mental cases have their stuff together enough to choose a place that is unarmed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join