It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sending SPETSNAZ (Special Forces)To Prop Up Syria's Assad!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Then Putin better hope he's very thorough in getting rid of ISIS. Most of ISIS' foreign volunteers come from Russia. I wonder where they're gonna go if ISIS falls apart.

No, the majority of foreign fighters for ISIS are not Russian. Not even close. The majority of ISIS foreign combatants come from other Islamic nations.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Let's be honest here!
It's funny that the only opposition to Russians forces in Syria is from people in the USA!
The rest of the world wants Putin to kick the rebels scums ass! All we hear and see is death to Christians and destruction to history.

To be clear, the world sees the USA as a destabiliser, look at the countries they rescued from their government haha Libya and Iraq are doing great now thanks USA whoo haaaa!
edit on 6-10-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yes it does sir the criminals in your country and its allies set up Isis to perpetuate the war on freedom for 30 more years,Leon Panetta said so,they were going to let these animals run amok for 3 decades and meanwhile pick up billions pretending to fight them Putin has decided to confront the criminal cabal that runs your country and stop the rot before all middle eastern citizens end up in Europe

more conspiracy theory dude, its clear truth isnt going to actually have any bearing speaking to you, so i think im all done here

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Russia has oil up the kazoo,this is about the future of Western civilization

How dare you interrupt his jingoistic commie bashing with facts and logic??

Russia's intentions are not completely innocent but they are far less sinister than what the West has had planned for the last few decades. The Project for a New American Centry (PNAC) wasn't a joke. I would link you to their official website but it was taken down a while back once people realized it spelled out the West's plan to take over the ME (most of what was on their site had actually taken place).

Anyone remember General Wesley Clark?

#TrueFacts

They are the exact same intentions as what everyone slammed the west for, thats the Irony

This is all about securing resources and the means to transport, for both Russia and Iran
edit on 10/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

well people have a search engine and a brain they can look it up

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Russia's intentions are not completely innocent but they are far less sinister than what the West has had planned for the last few decades. The Project for a New American Centry (PNAC) wasn't a joke. I would link you to their official website but it was taken down a while back once people realized it spelled out the West's plan to take over the ME (most of what was on their site had actually taken place).

#TrueFacts

They are the exact same intentions as what everyone slammed the west for, thats the Irony

This is all about securing resources and the means to transport, for both Russia and Iran

True.

However Russia is right next door at least. They are neighbors.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

But the actions of Russia are not leading to the near complete elimination of Christians from their heartland of the Middle East. That is what the actions of the USA have been, by eliminating the secular nations such as Iraq and Syria Christians are now an endangered species in their own homelands. Total muck up USA

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

By foreign I meant from outside the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

In NATO countries.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

But the actions of Russia are not leading to the near complete elimination of Christians from their heartland of the Middle East. That is what the actions of the USA have been, by eliminating the secular nations such as Iraq and Syria Christians are now an endangered species in their own homelands. Total muck up USA

How can you say that? it just started, you have no idea what the implications will be 6 months , a year , 10 yrs down the line.......

Everyone is coming out cheering for Russia, but people are so short sighted

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Spetsnaz would not only guard the bases but also help in precision bombing of the targets by doing activities on ground that increase bomb accuracy. Russian precision bombing abilities are not as advanced as the USAF so boots on the ground definitely help.

I believe in addition to military campaign many other activities can be carried out which will curtail the flow of men to fight for ISIS.

Due to the Chechen element (some fighters joining the ISIS) Russia is in the position to plant spies within the ISIS and locate weapons depots and movements and target them.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
By foreign I meant from outside the Middle East.

By up, I meant down.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

To be clear, the world sees the USA as a destabilizer

Well silly, that's only because WE ARE. I'm so sick of us.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: PorteurDeMort
Due to the Chechen element (some fighters joining the ISIS) Russia is in the position to plant spies within the ISIS and locate weapons depots and movements and target them.

I wonder what fraction of the Chechen spies are voluntarily spying and what fraction were given pictures of their families with a large FSB man in the background.

But it's true that Russia has traditionally been better at human intelligence, perhaps because they are ruthless.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: real_one

In NATO countries.

Deny Ignorance

Syria is a NATO country?

If you were off topic referring to the Crimea region of Ukraine I believe there was some type of democratic vote over there all in the midst of a western backed coup. Democracy is good right? Or does it only apply if it's for your team?

Stop picking sides and do your own research.

Putin was actin within reason during that situation IMO as it was going on in his region. The Ukrainian issue is another completely different scenario but yes it's slightly related we can't leave out parts to get the full story.

Some shady stuff going on both sides over there but Putin is not the new Leader of Ukraine as some people would make it seem.

It's usa assets running Ukraine where's the outrage?

Sorry for semi off topic rant.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Long as they kill ISIS i dont give a # what Russia motives are.

Let them take over the mess, we clearly cant handle it.

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

#TrueFacts

But how its so evil now? Did u know Syria was Russian ally for decades already, cant they be trading partners also? Today it does also make total sense that Russia goes in to protect its ally, specially after Syria invited them to come in aid.

I also have watched some interview of Assad where he says after they will be victorious over the terrorist, he will step down as president and let Syrian make vote for new president. Does not sound like tyrant to me.
edit on 6-10-2015 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Very Good article!! Let me make one thing evident about what i am saying......IF Putin were going after ISIS and that was his plan to even if it meant leaving ASad in power, I would say 'Well thank GOD' somebody not only has a plan but the balls to carry it out!!

But ya see, I don't trust Putin!! Not one bit!!! There was no reason for Putin to drag Russia into this conflict unless there was something in it for him! And there is!

1.Putin wants to reclaim the Baltic States and take back what was during the break up of the U.S.S.R.!
2.Putin is interested in the rich resources of the Mid East

There are other reasons but the number one reason Putin went into Syria under the guise of "let us help get IS" is to make the U.S. appear incompetent and weak which would threaten the United States and there relationships with other countries in the region and allow Russia to assert herself as a major power politically in the world!

So yeah, Putin is doing all the right things if you buy what they are saying....but if this was only about getting 'ISIS' then why have air raids and drop bombs in places where there was no ISIS AND why fly into Turkey's air space?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Good hes the leader of Syria. To hell with the rebels and ISIS. America is the bad guy here.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Really having an opposite opinion and being passionate about it is destroying ATS?? Ha! I think the most sensible thing you said is your comment about wanting to live in Russia!! You will fit in very well! After all, there is no freedom of speech in Mother Russia!

Have a nice trip!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join