It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sending SPETSNAZ (Special Forces)To Prop Up Syria's Assad!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

What did the troops need to finish the job in Iraq? Another 10 years?...

I was not differentiating the governments from their troops. I mean this is the 21st century. If you didnt know that enlisting was making you a pawn for profiteers, then with all due respect, your an idiot or a psychopath.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Perfectly acurate assessment of the whole situation.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

With any luck putin will draw the wrath of the muslim world down on russia rather than west.

I wouldn't wish ISIS on anybody.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

yes I call you blind, because you cant see that this to secure Russias access to oil, which they have been having severe problems with lately in their own country...

Yet when America went in "to take care of terrorists" people screamed about how horrible it was they were just doing it for the oil

Russia is using the SAME excuse VERBATIM! and you guys are cheering them on......

So yes I do call you blind....

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

With any luck putin will draw the wrath of the muslim world down on russia rather than west.

I wouldn't wish ISIS on anybody.

True

Still better them running after putin than us.

And someone as ruthless and brutal as Putin will likely crush them eventually.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Russia has oil up the kazoo,this is about the future of Western civilization

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Obama failed foreign policy in Syria has destroyed NATO credibility.

Why? NATO are not in Syria.

The Iraqis are hosting US and a few other nations, including Arab nations. Some of these nations are hitting ISIS in Syria, but most attention has been on saving Iraq.

The mistake of the West was over caution and a lack of will to become involved. Supporting moderate groups to fight Assad was a failure, that's for sure, but only because Assad was not toppled. Arguably, Russia's involvement shows how close the toppling of Assad had got.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Ummm........you havent been keeping up with all that stuff apparently, the problem isnt that they dont have any, maybe you should read up on it

And no its not about Western Civilization lol what kind of statement is that anyway? Putin is ANTI western lol thats why hes trying to get the world to drop the dollar amongst other things........

This is about oil, pipeline and port access, plain and simple.......

Anyone who thinks Putin is doing this to stop ISIS is living im a land of Fairies and Unicorn farts.....

Russia gets their main vein for oil and port access, Assad gets his crown back and allows Russia to do its business in the area and is an ally, Iran helps with it all , and Russia provides them with weapons and materials......

its really pretty basic stuff

Russia is doing the same thing everyone else condemned the US for, yet people are cheering them on

Its laughable
edit on 10/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

The world will be better with Syria under a strong man like Assad supported by Russia, than terrorists crucifying and raping and destroying the national fabric of society suuported by the USA.

I honestly feel the same way. At least under Putin's regime, they would be able to live at home in a civilization. The Russians seem to be content. Let them have it.

Exactly
I was chatting with some Syrians the other day (work in the city centre/loads of new arrivals wandering around looking lost and confused) and they said most people supported Assad and wanted their normal life back, jobs, homes, families. They said what a tragedy had fallen on the region, like the whole region was cursed, how they were destroyed as a country BY OUTSIDE INFLUENCES SENT IN TO DESTROY THEIR NATION THROUGH THE MOST EVIL FROM OF TERROR IMAGINEABLE. These poor souls have lost everything and for what? What right did the USA have in destroying these peoples lives? We surely aren't in the days where a tribe of Indians can be exterminated anymore by the dictation of Washington................. Or are we?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

9-11 happened to destroy the Brady bonds records that matured on 9-12-2001 these were what was used to destroy Russias economy at the end of the cold war,if you haven't noticed they have been trying to destroy Russia again economically wonder how many get killed when those records have to go?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

We should never have been meddling in another internal politics to begin with.

We should of just focused on the annihilation of ISIS and other jihadis that were a threat to us.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

9-11 happened to destroy the Brady bonds records that matured on 9-12-2001 these were what was used to destroy Russias economy at the end of the cold war,if you haven't noticed they have been trying to destroy Russia again economically wonder how many get killed when those records have to go?

your 9/11 conspiracy theory doesnt have any bearing on what Russia is doing in Syria........

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is probably neither here nor there, but I was listening to John Kerry the other day, and he was insisting that "we" need to be planning 'who is going to replace Assad". He said 'we need to do it now' (while the UN leaders were in NY).

I was horrified. NO, John Kerry, WE don't. We've picked leaders for ME countries, and we see how that has worked out. We are not the king of the world. They can pick their own leaders.

edit on 10/6/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey Russia has every right to make a mess of the region. The ottomans had their turn, the British empire, the US. It's their turn .

Seriously just let them go bankrupt like everyone else did.

Are we pretending this is a moral issue again......

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yes it does sir the criminals in your country and its allies set up Isis to perpetuate the war on freedom for 30 more years,Leon Panetta said so,they were going to let these animals run amok for 3 decades and meanwhile pick up billions pretending to fight them Putin has decided to confront the criminal cabal that runs your country and stop the rot before all middle eastern citizens end up in Europe
edit on 6-10-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Hey Russia has every right to make a mess of the region. The ottomans had their turn, the British empire, the US. It's their turn .

Seriously just let them go bankrupt like everyone else did.

Are we pretending this is a moral issue again......

Exactly the ME has been a big anchor round our necks dragging us down.

Lets hand over to Russia and let them be dragged down with it instead!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Anyone who thinks Putin is doing this to stop ISIS is living im a land of Fairies and Unicorn farts.....

Putin is there to stop Isis for sure, he has been requested BY THE SOVEREIGN GOVERNMENT OF SYRIA to do so. If there had been no USA Multiple State Destruction throughout the Middle East Isis would not exist. You do see that don't you. You do see how the vacuum created by the US wave of murder and destruction has given birth to the Islamic terror?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

How dare you interrupt his jingoistic commie bashing with facts and logic??

Russia's intentions are not completely innocent but they are far less sinister than what the West has had planned for the last few decades. The Project for a New American Centry (PNAC) wasn't a joke. I would link you to their official website but it was taken down a while back once people realized it spelled out the West's plan to take over the ME (most of what was on their site had actually taken place).

Anyone remember General Wesley Clark?

#TrueFacts

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think a lot of you put too much credibility into the Russians. They are exactly like the US, technology and special forces will do the job. F OFF. The US tried in the Nam and got its ass kicked by boys in loin cloths. The Russians tried it in the Stan and got its butt kicked there. So what makes you think that they will be any diferent in Syria. There really is only one way the US in Nam and the Russians in Syria can win and that is by boots on the ground and be as dirty as their opponents using all methods to kill every terrorist. But that will not happen as like the US in Nam they had to abide by the rules they were given whereas the enemy played by no rules at all and it's the same in Syria. No army no matter how great and powerful will ever win against an enemy that has no rules to abide by.
Besides the MSM says that the terrorists in Syria and Iraq are only now a few in number. That's because they've joined the migrants coming out of those countries.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Then Putin better hope he's very thorough in getting rid of ISIS. Most of ISIS' foreign volunteers come from Russia. I wonder where they're gonna go if ISIS falls apart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join