It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann Says South Carolina Floods Are Punishment for US Israel Policy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
In the "you can't make this up" category of epic stupid, Michele Bachmann took to twitter to blame the catastrophic floods in South Carolina on the US, "Turning it's back on Israel," and the resulting apparent punishment from God.

On the upside...Michele Bachman has provoked some deep philosophical thought within me...Specifically: Is it possible to be a genius at being stupid?

Her gift for saying and thinking stupid things just seems so extraordinary.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
DP
edit on 7-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
She is trolling!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

No one said you needed an IQ test to qualify for a government position.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

However they dam well should! Also some kind of psychological screening process certainly would not go a miss.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Brainiac

However they dam well should! Also some kind of psychological screening process certainly would not go a miss.

I think DC would quickly turn into a desert if we did Psych Screenings..

At a bare minimum you need to be an egomaniac by diagnostic standards to seek political office. Sociopathic tendencies don't hurt either.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

You forgot the most important quality, being a complete and utter bastard.

Ops wrong nation but great comedy.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think Michele Bachman (among a few others like her) is god's punishment for the US policy of kissing Israel's a... lower back

Just my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I live in SC and in our area, we only got 11 inches of rain. Only a couple of roads and a dam or two washed out.

However, I associated the low that formed right behind the hurricane as the world crying due to the loss of a good friend and editor of "Edgefield Daily", Roy Blackwell. He will greatly be missed.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
oh my....silly me, I thought the 1,000 year flood here in SC was directed against me.

see, ever since I read that the social security Part B of Medicare premium was being raised from ~$104. to ~$156. but without a annual COLA (cost of living adjustment) for 2016....
I have been trying to get to the central Social Security Office, located at the County Seat of Conway SC
(some 22 miles away)

I need to file a form CMS-1763 which the government does not provide online at the .gov/forms page...
NO,
In trying to 'dis-enroll' in the Medicare matrix, a person has to personally show up at a SSA office and speak with a qualified rep. and show proof they have the required medical coverage so that Medicare can be discontinued... I have adequate VA medical coverage that already replaces either a Obamacare coverage or a Medicare coverage.

that $50+ dollars of additional insurance payments is the straw that breaks my bank, that's over $600 yr for coverage I never really needed for the last 19 years, as I had both VA & Medicare health coverage...but.... with NO COLA Again this year... well the FUBAR government has forced me to into taking Austerity measures I used-to-be able to work around

perhaps the Bachmann idiocy thread was a needed platform to vent for my own problem & making the messed up COLA & payment increase system a focus point for an author here on ATS...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Trueman

I don't see where she mentioned God. She could be talking about karma too.

You must be new to batshat Bachmann. According the her whenever America doesn't kiss Israel's butt God punishes America. What is really sad is how many Americans thinks the same way she does.
It's no secret that the U.S. has turned against Israel...

"Gen_12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. "

There are tons of scriptures in the bible that echo this same proclamation pertaining to Israel...Either you believe God or you don't...

All Michelle is saying is that it's quite a coincidence that when the US does something that harms Israel, something bad happens in the US...But likely not just the US...

It's interesting that many of the Countries that have turned against Israel are being over run by Israel's enemies...Most of Europe...The US isn't far behind...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

All Michelle is saying is that it's quite a coincidence that when the US does something that harms Israel, something bad happens in the US...But likely not just the US...

Michelle is ignorant of American history. If people do some checking more disasters have happened to America after we started supporting Israel than have happened before Israel was formed. From 1816 to 1946 29 disasters from 1950 to 2015 58 disasters if you count this current one.
List of natural disasters in the United States
So if people believe that God is punishing America over Israel then we are getting punished for supporting Israel not because we don't support them.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I don't see where she mentioned God. She could be talking about karma too.

You're being sarcastic....right?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

perhaps the Bachmann idiocy thread was a needed platform to vent for my own problem & making the messed up COLA & payment increase system a focus point for an author here on ATS...

I think I speak for more than just myself when I say no...no it wasn't.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Michelle Bachmann should just shut her trap!!!!! She is an annoying as what's her face from Alaska. Home of the bridge
to nowhere.

R

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
In the "you can't make this up" category of epic stupid, Michele Bachmann took to twitter to blame the catastrophic floods in South Carolina on the US, "Turning it's back on Israel," and the resulting apparent punishment from God.

Can anyone explain why the majority of republican politicians are huge supporters of Israel, whilst nearly every dual-national Israeli/American politician are huge leftists????

I mean are the repubs seriously that stupid that they can't feel the knife in the back at every turn???

Oh and Bachmann is an idiot!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Women like her in politics scare the crap outta me just like Palin did. And I'm a woman! I'm just glad our Gov Haley hasn't seen fit to bring up religion during this $%#@ mess, other than

Say a prayer...keep the faith...we will get through this......We may be bruised but we are Not broken. Stay safe. God bless SC.
Gov's FB page

and when the rain finally did stop on Tuesday

“First of all I just want to tell you that God smiled on South Carolina because the sun is out. That is a good sign,” Haley said during a press conference Tuesday afternoon. “We still have to be cautious the next 36 to 48 hours.”
News Source

Being southern born & bred, and from SC, I'm too polite to tell you Mizz Bachmann where you can put your vile political religious rhetoric, but it involves places on your person where the sun don't shine, get my drift honey?

Would luv to be in the room if/when these two Republican female politicians meet face to face!!

edit on 10-10-2015 by SCGrits because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I'd just strip them of their dual citizenship, or even better, send them all to Israel.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

You said it, now cite it. Biden's craziness that is.

I do not understand a moderator being this precise with opinion and so chary with supporting facts.

If you can do it so can we and I don't want that.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SCGrits

Sorry Honey, Both of them used god to demonstrate their insanity.

Using a supreme being for any purpose other than what they actually want is most likely futile. It does not matter if it is a good or bad outcome that you want.
If you believe in an entity ruling every quantum fluctuation through to the evolvement of the Universe, a flood in a flatland isn't something that will arouse its interest.
Remember that they invented heaven to allow you not to hate a god that is going to kill you.
So does he care about a few drownings, a few years lopped off of a temporary stay of execution?
No.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join