It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Poverty Will Hit New Low This Year, World Bank Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree, but remember when the social tensions and inequality started to get to the new already established generations of Mulims specially the younger generation that create the riots in the Britain.

That was an example of how the younger generation are not doing as better as their parents did.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: SuperFrog

You are forgotten that the refuges are no only living in camps but they will never assimilate their systems of believe to those of the countries they are running into, firs it takes years to brake the language barriers, second they have to accommodate them within the population that most resemble from where they come from, you forget also that this refugees bring their tribal connections and they may be from the middle east but they also belong to different sects and tribes.

All that will cause chaos within the societies they are trying to get into, first.

How this middle eastern migration has done in the EK? so far? is a lot of societal tensions between them and the rest of the population and most are still living in poverty even after years later.

Actually I know how it all works, as I was involved in something similar.

Let's use Germany as example - they are not expecting refugees to assimilate, but some will, mostly those who were educated and disagreed with non secular organization in country/state. Each state in Germany had different approach (just like here in USA we see the same), but most allowed refugees to integrate and work. At some point, they will get off refugee program and start to pay for rent/food themselves.

I've seen this happening before, and language is not a problem. Just check what has happened with Turks in Germany. They are biggest minority in Germany today...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yes, you are right some will assimilate and even leave their system of believes are they were not working for them back in their countries of origins and can do that without repercussions of it, but is others also that will never assimilate but rather expect the countries that they have migrated to bend down to their system of believes, this create tensions as usual, that is when you know who is actually behind agendas from those who are not.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
World poverty is down?
The spread of capitalism maybe?
Bbwwwaahahaha

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So how far did they have to kick their bar of measurement down to get their numbers?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I see what you are saying and I do understand your fear of unknown, but you forgot one major factor - reason people leaving their homes/homeland - they are running away from those that are actually trying to do exactly what you are accusing them they will do...

They are running away from those who are trying to oppress them and do actually what you think they will do?!

Sure, there will be some who would not adopt well, but majority will... and that is what counts.

Interesting segment about migrants from John Oliver:

edit on 6-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

No is not about fears of the unknown, as is already data available of what migration does to countries where they are to receive the majority of them in modern times, no in ancient times, but modern times.

Is does that assimilate and is does that will cause trouble because that is not the agenda they came as refuges to do.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Claiming people who are trying to save themselves and lives of their family... to have agenda... really?

So, what evidence we have about this 'agenda'??

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I agree, but remember when the social tensions and inequality started to get to the new already established generations of Mulims specially the younger generation that create the riots in the Britain.

That was an example of how the younger generation are not doing as better as their parents did.

I'm referring to a generation of Muslim kids born and raised in the country; not ones that immigrated there with their parents.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Our children will be the first generation since WW1 told to expect less. Something wrong there in whats supposed to be a first world nation.

One has to wonder if we were not allowing all these refugees access to our nation and benefits system. And we stopped sending 100s of millions of pounds overseas to help third world nations by way of foreign aid, which never actually reaches the people in need, would we still be in the same mess?
edit on 6-10-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

History tells you the story, all you have to do is read, Britain is not the only one that has experience riots from Islamic youth France and Sweden also had them.

France Riots 2012: More Muslim Violence Rocks French District In North]

- See more at: pamelageller.com...

Muslim Riots in Stockholm - Predictable

The riots, a predictable consequence of Sweden's failed model of multiculturalism, are an ominous sign of things to come.

www.clarionproject.org...#

UK London Riots: Important Updates for Muslims

muslimmatters.org...

10,000 MUSLIM EXTREMISTS RIOT AND CHASE NON MUSLIMS IN LONDON

wn.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The US send billions of dollars to other countries in aid, the problem is that the money never gets to the hands of those that need it, it ends in the hands of the totalitarian and dictatorial leaders so they keep oppressing their citizens.

Because is not about aid is about briberies.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
The thing is in countries like China and India and the countries of Africa the poor have gained much more wealth in the recent past which makes a huge difference to the overall figures millions are being bought out of poverty. We only hear bad news in the west. Rarely do we get to hear about the success stories in the developing world. I know a mobile phone is hardly a mark of wealth, but Africans in mud huts now have mobile phones and many material things we have in the west.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

See i would imagine housing, clean water and ample food supply are far more relevant than a mobile phone any day of the week. And if indeed these nations are being bought out of poverty by way of our foreign aid contributions then why are there 100,000s of refugees being dumped on our respective door steps as the days go by?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Did they count the 250 Million Plus Chinese uprooted from their lands to work in slave shops making widgets for the wealthy Multi nationalists?

I'll bet the poor farmers would have rather kept their land, just like the poor in West Virginia would have a major problem with the government forcing them off their lands.

www.nytimes.com...

China’s Great Uprooting: Moving 250 Million Into Cities

BEIJING — China is pushing ahead with a sweeping plan to move 250 million rural residents into newly constructed towns and cities over the next dozen years — a transformative event that could set off a new wave of growth or saddle the country with problems for generations to come.

That is fascism when it is done by force.

But, when there are profits to be made, whats the big deal with supporting human and environmental abuses

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
World poverty is down?
The spread of capitalism maybe?
Bbwwwaahahaha

Is forcing 250 million people off their lands to go make widgets part of capitalism?
I thought it had to be voluntary between all parties involved in the market place.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Considering that China is the primary source for the decrease in poverty I'd say that yes they did account for China. It even says in the article that the majority of the decrease comes from Southeast Asia.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

They see what they want to see.

Publish that which explain their existence.

And manufacture evidence which supports it.

Predictable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join