It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"El Faro" freighter lost in the heart of the Bermuda triangle after 'Joaquin'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
One of the first stories or myths or what you want to call it that got me hooked on alternative news and the likes was reading about the Bermuda Triangle in library books. I ate it up furiously.... the whole idea of that area just gulping up ships and planes making them disappear without a trace.

But honestly, I haven't given it much thought lately... I mean, I haven't thought about the Bermuda Triangle in litterally years.

So roughly 3-4 days ago, I had the random thought that I wondered why I never saw anything about the Bermuda Triangle incidents anymore, anywhere. I mean it was so big at one point, I just found it curious that it just went off the radar of all us conspiracy buffs.

And there we have it, a freighter sailing around in the heart of the Triangle disappears with 33 souls on board. Last word from it was from a woman on the ship to her family that she was aware they were heading into a cat. 3 hurricane and the sea was bad. That she loves them all.

I'm no stranger to synchronicity, but I will also recognise the chains of random events that lead onto eachother, but how curious is that....

A few days ago I'm wondering why Bermuda isn't a thing anymore and there we go.... it's a thing again. (atleast of course until they find the remains of El Faro somewhere...

Anyways, just thought it was funny curious case and of course very tragic. My thoughts go out to the families of the people on that ship.

www.washingtonpost.com... we-are-heading-straight-into-it/
edit on 5/10/15 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Interesting. Similarly, I was just today thinking to myself, "hey I wonder if that boat they lost was anywhere near the triangle". Now this!! Lol. I too was interested as a kid in Bermuda triangle and was wondering why it just kinda dropped off the map. Maybe this shall be its revival!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeah... I still see that front page before me of that book... I think it was a blue sky with one or a few planes on it and the semi large font.

I think a lot of those books back then were written in the 60s or 70s, so I would be curious if a lot of the bewilderment back then was because of lack of knowledge and tech.
I mean, it would be easier today to find any wreckage sooner than back then?

On the synchronicity part of the things; how seriously can it be taken as an actual "thing" rather than conincidence?

I had another curious episode some years ago, where I was standing a trainstop on my way home. We get to bring our bikes in the metro in Copenhagen, so I do that.
One day I was standing waiting at my usual station to make a change and I noticed the guy next to me had the same bike as me. Funny coincidence I thought.... as I was comparing "specs" on our bikes, I noticed the serial label on his bike, then I looked at mine, they were sequencial. Litterally his had a serial 1 number higher than mine.
I was dumbstruck for some reason hehe but didn't engage him apart from smiling.
The reason I thought it was peculiar was because my bike was bought almost 30 miles from where we were standing at that moment and I hadn't noticed the guy before as a regular.
What are the odds

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Some time ago I watched a documentary about the Bermuda Triangle being overblown, according to Lloyd's of London the BT was actually on the third spot of Ship/Aircraft losses zones.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the whole story has been strange from the beginning, why was it located in danger zone, what was the cargo, no traces after hurricane, no gps no nothing no black boxes, no responses, did it get reduced to bits and pieces and sunk to bottom of ocean or disbursed over wide area via winds

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
El faro means lighthouse or beacon, isnt that a nice name

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
the whole story has been strange from the beginning, why was it located in danger zone, what was the cargo, no traces after hurricane, no gps no nothing no black boxes, no responses, did it get reduced to bits and pieces and sunk to bottom of ocean or disbursed over wide area via winds

A rogue wave could do that. Which is a wave up to 100 ft in height in the open sea. Good chance of meeting one in a storm.

Also a storm could scatter any floating debris far and wide and with lots of garbage floating even in the remotest parts of the ocean. Such task of identifying debris from the ill fated ship will be a huge challenge even in this modern age. In fact, it was these floating garbage which made solving the mystery of MH370 more confusing and more difficult.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

why was it located in danger zone,
What danger zone? You mean in the path of a hurricane?

no traces after hurricane, no gps no nothing no black boxes, no responses,
False, and false. Freighters don't generally carry "black boxes."

did it get reduced to bits and pieces and sunk to bottom of ocean or disbursed over wide area via winds
More likely it went down more or less intact. Along the lines of the Edmund Fitzgerald, perhaps. Like the Fitzgerald, it is known that the ship was taking water before contact was lost.

Without power in the face of a category 4 hurricane. Not a good situation to be in.

edit on 10/6/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
And there we have it, a freighter sailing around in the heart of the Triangle disappears with 33 souls on board. Last word from it was from a woman on the ship to her family that she was aware they were heading into a cat. 3 hurricane and the sea was bad. That she loves them all.

Not exactly the mysterious mystery that you're painting.

The ship was attempting to outrun the weather - and had confirmed this with another ship that had recently used that same route. An engine failure left them without power and the weather caught up with them.

Older ship, strong winds, 50ft+ waves, no power (not sure to what extent they had lost power, but presumably they couldn't maneuver), probably couldn't keep the bow turned into the waves, reporting a 15 degree list (which is a lot for that kind of ship) and taking on water... it really isn't a mystery.

Also, they've found damaged lifeboats, cargo containers, and an "oil sheen" in the water.

top topics

join