It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans-pacific trade pact is coming to a close - what's in our future?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
money.cnn.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.bbc.com...

Links to major news provided as sources.

We are now reaching the point in time where the tpp( Trans-pacific partnership) , the trade deal of the century, involving 12 major countries, is coming to a close. What does our future hold?

Well, we don't entirely know. Another aca type moment seems to be happening "we have to pass it to know what's in it" it seems to be kept quite secretive, though some rumors do suggest business executives have access to, and helped write said document.

Alternative sites also have rumors looming about job loss, increased medical expenses, lowering wages in the United states, Internet censorship, and more.

What do you think, ats members? What will this agreement set in motion? What type of future will this deal create?

Personally - I don't believe businesses and governments are watching out for the little guy, and I'm afraid for the future. I'm hopeful that most alternative news on said deal are not true, but reality doesn't always reflect our hopes.

Stay vigilant, fellow members.

-Deadlyhope

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
From what I've read it seems to extend copyright laws to all member nations. That's my biggest concern. It's also no secret that we'll see job loss. It's the same as with NAFTA and CAFTA. The profits of big business will trump not only the people's rights, but the sovereignty of nations as well.

We might see some temporary boosts in the markets, but this is all headed south. Just wait and see.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MateoVeritas

Patents, copyrights and such, seem to kill business and competition, not make it flourish. It would be terrible if such things expanded to other countries, creating mega monopolies 12 countries big.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It means Monsanto and GMO will hijack Europe. It also means that transparency in food labeling will be gone and we will consume GMO like danish porks ( i am sure if those porks could speak.. they would say NO THANK YOU )

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
What type of future will this deal create?
-Deadlyhope

The US Government now functions almost completely as a PR agency for giant corporate entities. It's gotten so bad here that our value as a member of our society is increasingly judged by our ability to take on and perpetually stay in debt, measured by a credit 'score'. And since corporations are moving profits and jobs overseas to avoid paying taxes and wages, America has begun to cannibalize itself to try and extract profits, by spraying ever larger amounts of hazardous chemicals on the nation's crops, and injecting toxic fluids into the water table.

From the little that we do know about the TPP (which is practically nothing), these corporations will now be able to sue municipalities, States, and national governments for any regulation or practice that gets in the way of profits, and these proceedings will take place in a secret international court.

Pessimistic enough for ya?

I try to stay positive, but it ain't easy. I'm just glad there are some others out there who think and reason like I do. It looks like a scary road ahead friends... Could be dark times for our children before things can get better. Stay safe, and keep fighting the good fight.
edit on 1052015 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

We are now reaching the point in time where the tpp( Trans-pacific partnership) , the trade deal of the century, involving 12 major countries, is coming to a close. What does our future hold?
I have a nagging question in the back of my mind that would require a bit of research that if investigated might be better put into a thread of it's own . When you say 12 major countries I can only assume 2 things . 1 is that other none signatories are not bound by the deal . If that is the case then I cant help but wonder about the some of the 12 Nations and how they have only been able to have come into existence because of the original treaties some of the 12 may have signed with them .

I am speaking of the original First Nations on the North American continent or for others like Australia or New Zealand .It could end up at the end of the day in this episode that it will be the Indians to the rescue except not riding horses but riding International Law . The First Nations were Souvenir States and are still in many respects . I think it goes back to the original Indian problem that the first peoples to our shores have not yet dealt with and may still be the tool that crushes Mystery Babylon in the end .....just sayin

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well NOW is the time to see what our Republican and Democratic Congressmen and women are all about. Will they vote for or against it and why?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Trump says its a bad idea that was negotiated by an incompeteant leadership.
SANDERS is also against it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Both polar opposites in political and economic views. I've seen a lot of this and it makes me believe that this is a really, really bad treaty.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Both polar opposites in political and economic views. I've seen a lot of this and it makes me believe that this is a really, really bad treaty.

The only reason The Don isn't on board is because he believes it's a bad deal for the U.S. One of the few things I actually agree with him on.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

I hold your view, if I'm being realistic. We are worth out debt, and it should not be possible to get out - that would serve the higher ups well. Government reliance and constant debt might just be the beginning.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: MateoVeritas

Patents, copyrights and such, seem to kill business and competition, not make it flourish. It would be terrible if such things expanded to other countries, creating mega monopolies 12 countries big.

How do patents kill business? Many business models are only viable because of patents. If you spend a lot of money, time, and effort to develop a technology or process is it right that someone else can copy you for no investment the very next day?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here's what I see happening. A major equalization of the economy for all the nations involved through the labor force. Meaning the really poor nations will take the jobs from the wealthier ones because of their cheap labor. Meanwhile here people will be doing anything to keep their jobs if they still have one. It's a big fat win for the multinational corps. as they cut whatever they want from the richer nations and go to the poor nations to make products.

This will be somewhat positive for the very poor nations although they will lose the rights to their own resources and property. We will lost our own sovereignty here on the home land as corps. basically will out rank our own Gov. in many ways and if the Gov. tries to fight back (which it won't because they're in bed together) they'll just sue them in their new tribunal which is outside the laws of any single nation.

They will be inching ever closer to making one big global market with no market borders or tariffs or import taxes etc. Most will probably have to get what scraps the Gov. programs will give them to stay alive. But basically the poor third world nations will move a little and the rich nations will move down until we meet somewhere in the middle.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It kills competition. I've always believed gadgets, services, and such should be provided by hundreds, if not thousands of businesses. Instead, we have a few mega corps.

Nothing new is under the sun. Ideas that we are just now implementing have been around for ages. Companies try patents like "four wheels" or screens with "square edges"

Brand names should have their name protected, but technology and ideas shod essentially be open source. Implementation should be worth money to the consumers, creation... Companies hardly do that anymore. They just improve upon what's already out there, call it theirs, and become billionaires by setting what prices they want because they make generalized patents out of ideas that have been around for years.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
NWO.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Big pharma, agrobusiness, Monsanto are all for it....how do you think the politicians will vote?
They passed Obamacare, didn't they.

FWIW, it can also mean the end of non-GMO and organic labeling....as it can give those products an unfair advantage.
I also read it can negate the cigarette warnings in the US....for the same reason.
Corporations can also sue various levels of governments.

We can hope enough in Congress have consciences.....but.....

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

They aren't allowed to read it unless they choose to go to a secret room in the basement of the capital to do so, and any notes they take are confiscated at the door.

How many do you think are going to bother? The few who have say it's bad news.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Trans-pacific trade pact is coming to a close - what's in our future?

American Citizen REVOLUTION Against Tyranny ...........

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is that still true, now that it is passed, and they have to ratify??

I had hoped that now that it is in the next phase, they would have access??
edit on Mon Oct 5 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
At least we can be confident that our futures aren't being decided by secret behind-the-scenes deals without our knowledge.

That would be downright despicable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join