It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA releases all 8,400 photos from the Apollo Moon Mission

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonymous1legion

They look to be both Apollo 17, I'll let you wade through the pics here,

www.flickr.com...
edit on 5-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

They look to be both Apollo 17, U'll let you wade through the pics here,

www.flickr.com...

i shall do no such wading, you say they are both 17 why not provide the specific page or are you just guessing they are both from 17 because the quality on both differ vastly as if they were taken at different times

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anonymous1legion

Those two images were from completely different sets in entirely separate studios.

I think Set Dressing got lazy and no one caught the missing rocks.

Good find.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

explain the missing large rock, and are you saying the large hill would look the same distance relative to the photographer in both pics, even though the landing sites are some distance apart?! if i see a hill on earth the distance AND position of said hill does not sit still as i move closer, these 2 are clearly same distance and same position relative to the photographer in my opinion anyways

Here's a closeup of the, 'missing' large rock.and IT IS an Apollo 17 picture.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

When Abitrageur shows you the distances between Apollo11 and 17 to be quite far, he meant they weren't around the corner from one another, they were over six hundred Km apart. In any case it doesn't matter since your two pictures are both from Apollo 17, not Apollo 11, in fact there is a colour picture of almost the same perspective as the picture you presumed to be Apollo 11...which it isn't.

edit on 5-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
My question is . Why has it taken so long to release them?

Anyone got a logical explanation?

The photos have been released for a long, long time. They've only just now been put on Flickr. NASA hasn't been using flickr all that long.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

It took ages for them to photoshop them all if they had evidence of UFOs and stuff, lol

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The discrepancy is likely because the background is Scotchlite. It has arguably been proven that the relative distance between objects in the foreground of many NASA photos of the moon was likely not more than 40 meters away from the background.

This can be seen here.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

if i see a hill on earth the distance AND position of said hill does not sit still as i move closer, these 2 are clearly same distance and same position relative to the photographer in my opinion anyways
I'm saying those aren't from two different missions. They look like two slightly different perspectives of the same mission.

If the hill is far away and you move right or left 20 yards or meters the foreground objects can change but the distant hill will look pretty much the same. You can test that yourself on Earth.

edit on 2015105 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

The discrepancy is likely because the background is Scotchlite. It has arguably been proven that the relative distance between objects in the foreground of many NASA photos of the moon was likely not more than 40 meters away from the background.

This can be seen here.

Wrong. The Apollo photos between different sites do demonstrate parallax and the 3d shapes of the distant mountains can be seen. Here's a cross-eye stereo image from two photos from Apollo 15:
s319.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Helious

Agreed.

Cause, if we didn't go, then why can I spot the mirrors we left there if I have a good enough telescope?

Or the pieces of tech we actually just left there on the moon for that matter?

But I do think there is more to the story than what we are told. Bunch of astronauts have said questionable things about what they've seen.

They can't all be crazy.

~Tenth

But that's the problem, you have those saying some pictures had the need to be doctored because of anomalies like UFO's, others saying that they have been manufactured in a studio because nobody went to the Moon, (which IMO is a singular silliness) or that pictures were tarted up for PR reasons, perhaps the order of the day back then, and I don't doubt that was done, certainly by third parties, or that some pictures were manufactured in a studio to fill up the portfolio, again the PR bit. Question here then is, what pictures now on Flicker, (and I'm pretty sure some one has copped the lot by now) what pictures don't pass muster, and if so why? My guess is that we will hear from that quarter soon as in the past. You could ask, how does taking a single picture on the Moon equate to taking a picture on Earth, it is the same or different...the Moon has so little atmosphere for instance, that must mean something, but what?
Astronauts have talked about getting distance wrong on the Moon, usually a lesser distance than the actual distance by a good measure for instance.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

originally posted by: Helious

This can be seen here.

Wrong. The Apollo photos between different sites do demonstrate parallax and the 3d shapes of the distant mountains can be seen. Here's a cross-eye stereo image from two photos from Apollo 15:
s319.photobucket.com...

That's why I posted the close-up of the rock, (it looks like the MIL sleeping,
) it's big, even when the picture is taken from chest level, when in the distance pictures it's tiny.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

A bit late with this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They have been available for YEARS

Apollo Gallery

edit on 5-10-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Helious

Agreed.

Cause, if we didn't go, then why can I spot the mirrors we left there if I have a good enough telescope?

Or the pieces of tech we actually just left there on the moon for that matter?

But I do think there is more to the story than what we are told. Bunch of astronauts have said questionable things about what they've seen.

They can't all be crazy.

~Tenth

Well yet again although this FACT has been posted on many Moon threads by me & others EVEN the Hubble can only resolve objects around 300ft across at the distance of the Moon.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
My question is . Why has it taken so long to release them?

Anyone got a logical explanation?

Yes some people didn't know where to look

edit on 5-10-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

was viewing images on op link and found this one..

and on nasa wiki found this..

same hill same angle (roughly) different objects and large rock gone, the latter is apollo 17 im assuming the first is 11, is it the same place in both pics?

Here is the image number for the first one AS17-136-20713.jpg what do you think AS17 stands for

The second one OH LOOK AS17-147-22526.jpg what do you know the same mission.

Maybe if some members on here spent as much time RESEARCHING as CRITICISING NASA they wouldn't jump to conclusions

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread...

Project Apollo Archive on Flickr

thanks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join