It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA releases all 8,400 photos from the Apollo Moon Mission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Good morning everyone - I did look around and did not see this posted yet, but my eyes are a bit blurry so please remove if redundant.

From ZMEScienceLink to Article

It’s a great day to be a space fan: NASA has just released all the photos taken by Apollo astronauts on lunar missions; digitized and grouped by the roll of film they were shot on, that’s over 8,400 images, featuring the blurry moon, the missed shots, and above all, the great features from a great mission!

Now, NASA has released thousands of images from the project – these are high-res, and most of them unreleased images, never before seen by the public. The Apollo astronauts were sent to the moon with Hasselblad cameras, and the photos were then processed and printed – it was a long, painstaking process, but it was definitely worth it!

I am looking forward to hearing what people think about this... do you think the images are unaltered and preserved EXACTLY as they were taken so many years ago? The moon has always been one of my favorite topics, and I 'believe' there is more to this satellite than we have been shown. But this thread is really about NASA releasing these pics. Why now?
edit on 1052015 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I think we went, I don't think that the majority of pictures and video represent a true and accurate account however.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Agreed.

Cause, if we didn't go, then why can I spot the mirrors we left there if I have a good enough telescope?

Or the pieces of tech we actually just left there on the moon for that matter?

But I do think there is more to the story than what we are told. Bunch of astronauts have said questionable things about what they've seen.

They can't all be crazy.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People will always spurt the solar radiation conspiracy but we clearly went there, although I do think many shots were on earth just because the quality was not what they wanted, especially with all the attention waiting for these photos.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Looking threw them, so far it remind me of my personal time with the good old days of film.

Blurry, finger in shot, too much light, too little light and what was I taking a picture of again?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My question is . Why has it taken so long to release them?

Anyone got a logical explanation?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta
Digital enhancement is a slow and tedious process. With technology gains every year the previous enhanced photos aren't up to current standards. ..or so I want to believe. Don't see a conspiracy in it

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Maybe they took out all the good ones first, cause it's like looking threw someones vacation photos. Skip to like page 55 if you what to see anything with people on the moon and such. Lost of pictures of trip too not a so many once they got there.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh god...that means over the next year we are going to have hundreds of

"I can see a discarded box of Apple Jacks in this moon image!! Yet another nail in the NASA moon hoax!'

As J.Peterman would say

"The horror....the horror"

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-10-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yea it's great and all.

But the timing is desperate if I must say so. Obama pretty much caught with his hand in the cookie jar regarding Syria and it's unrest.

Then out of the blue another wacko shooting in university (someone is getting good at timing and causing nutters to go crazy for no apparent reason).

Now Finally nasa, wants to release photos it never cared to in the past?

When a presidents term is near end, crazy # manifests and it always makes a good safety blanket for those hiding something.

These photos woukd of meant something to me the past... 10 years. But today, October 2015, with what is happening. .

Seems too good to be true..

Quick! Look over there! ...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
@Kapusta
Answered above.

Anyone giving a mundane answer regarding editing or something least obvious, is not aware of present events; mass migration, plot to end assad and take over Syria, arming rebels, shooting that imo follows the rest.

The timing is ripe to turn heads and clean up a mess exposed.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If someone doesn't trust NASA, 8400 photos won't change it. A million won't. It's deep distrust of authority, probably caused by other things in their life. I think conspiracy theorists are prone to distrust.

Please note the distrust has nothing to do with facts. It's a psychological trait. Maybe it's a mental disorder if there's a lot of it.

Just imagine for a moment it's all real. We went to the moon. No hoax. How amazing is that? The Earth isn't flat either. It's like what they say. And the universe is huge. There're hundreds of billions of galaxies in the observable universe. We might be able to travel to another galaxy someday. If you believe it's all a hoax, make sure your facts are checked and rechecked by peers. It'd be miserable to be stuck on a flat Earth, believing everything is a lie and only having a bible to protect you from insecurity.

The Earth feels big. It has been here for maybe 4.2 billion years. There're trillions of human cells in our body. There're sextillions or more human cells on Earth. And there're many other creatures inhabiting this world with us. But it's just one world. There're over 160 known moons in our solar system, not counting the planets and dwarf planets. There're possibly billions or trillions or more of rogue planets drifting in our galaxy. And there're billions of stars. And probably all of them have at least one planet. We haven't seen anything yet in the grand scheme of things. I can't come to any other conclusion, despite all of our technology and knowledge.
edit on 10/5/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Yea it's great and all.

But the timing is desperate if I must say so. Obama pretty much caught with his hand in the cookie jar regarding Syria and it's unrest.

Then out of the blue another wacko shooting in university (someone is getting good at timing and causing nutters to go crazy for no apparent reason).

Now Finally nasa, wants to release photos it never cared to in the past?

When a presidents term is near end, crazy # manifests and it always makes a good safety blanket for those hiding something.

These photos woukd of meant something to me the past... 10 years. But today, October 2015, with what is happening. .

Seems too good to be true..

Quick! Look over there! ...

Congrats! WOW...you managed to link up Obama, Syria, Oregon shooting AND (the ace up your sleeve): releasing apollo images.

I would suggest you take a break from ATS for a while....maybe 2 months?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

But this thread is really about NASA releasing these pics. Why now?

Because it took forever to photoshop them all?
Still not buying the official story.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
so, for years we've been sat here saying "where are the pictures?" (myself included). Today they are here and there's virtually no buzz, no noise. What gives? I've had all sorts of people from the past popping up today saying "haha, you are a nut, look, look, look at the pictures!!!!"... the general public hears this and is convinced. end.

how many of these are attributable to the first landing mission? I haven't had chance to look.

Next week we'll have evidence that 9/11 was terrorists and the Egyptians built the pyramids with ropes and stone tools

edit on 5-10-2015 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat

But this thread is really about NASA releasing these pics. Why now?

Because it took forever to photoshop them all?
Still not buying the official story.

When you see this big baby, you know that whoever took the picture, was not sniffing the local ozone..or anywhere near it.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
was viewing images on op link and found this one..

and on nasa wiki found this..

same hill same angle (roughly) different objects and large rock gone, the latter is apollo 17 im assuming the first is 11, is it the same place in both pics?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Found a link to a project which has restored or otherwise brought back many old photos from the dead:
www.moonviews.com - MoonViews: Official website of the Lunar Orbiter Image Recovery Project (LOIRP)...

It's described as:

A collection of high resolution images from Lunar Orbiters I - V retrieved by the Lunar Orbiter Image Recovery Project (LOIRP)...

Here's a news piece about it:
www.wired.com - The Hackers Who Recovered NASA’s Lost Lunar Photos...

Also found this very nice treat about maintaining our historic data and the difficulties in the digital age:

edit on 10/5/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonymous1legion
same hill same angle (roughly) different objects and large rock gone, the latter is apollo 17 im assuming the first is 11, is it the same place in both pics?
The landing sites for Apollo 11 and 17 were pretty far apart:

As the foreground changes, background objects can change very little so you can't conclude that two photos that have the same background should have the same foreground.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: anonymous1legion
The landing sites for Apollo 11 and 17 were pretty far apart:

As the foreground changes, background objects can change very little so you can't conclude that two photos that have the same background should have the same foreground.

explain the missing large rock, and are you saying the large hill would look the same distance relative to the photographer in both pics, even though the landing sites are some distance apart?! if i see a hill on earth the distance AND position of said hill does not sit still as i move closer, these 2 are clearly same distance and same position relative to the photographer in my opinion anyways

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join