It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPP pacific trade agreement reached

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow... All the hate on this agreement. I admit to not understanding what the TPP really means, but it seems like a good thing the Philippines is not part of it, at least to my knowledge.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I read about it in the Seattle Times today, and it didn't sound nearly as evil as everyone is making it out to be. In fact, they said it will push some higher standards on some of these countries that have very low standards right now. They did say though that some people are worried it will cost jobs.

www.seattletimes.com...

Special Corporate Interests designed the dam thing.
Corporations main concern is profits and should have no say in our governance for that very reason.

Politicians job is to uphold the best interests of this nation in accordance with the Constitution, not be puppets to corporate lobbyists.

What would you say if we let everyone except corporations onto the decision making process?
You would cry foul because you know there would also be human corruption involved via that process as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale
Can someone please explain why this spells the end of our freedom(s)?

It another round of NAFTA basically.

Job killers, and wealth destruction.

Government 101.

Anytime they created a 'deal' to better things ?

They screw everything up infinity worse.

And that is a fact that can be taken to any fiat currency bank.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Welp... I suppose it's too much to hope for that Congress won't sign off on it. Let's hope all the fear has been for naught.

No Kali.

You are right to fear it.

The royal screw is coming now.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's not often that we agree on a political topic, but in this case I do.

As I said before, these trade deals have only one purpose in mind and that is to give 7 billion people on this planet an equal ability to be consumers. This is done by siphoning off good jobs from 1st world countries and giving them to the poorest.

The question on everyone's mind should be: How do you feel about finding that halfway point between the wealthier economies and those in places like Bangladesh? Do you feel good about raising the 3rd world up at the expense of the 1st world? How fast, if you DO think it's a good idea, should this effort go?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti
a reply to: CB328

The governments in North America must be drugging the people. There is no way in hell that something like the TPP would have gotten through just twenty years ago.
!

Not drugging. Governments learnt one thing about the protests of previous generations. That freethinkers, educated on the likes of Plato, weren't good for totalitarian governments. So the dive of the US education system, now ranking 36th in world behind Russia, wasn't by accident.

The uneducated think they serve Government, and media is news, smart people know the opposite is true.
edit on 6 10 2015 by glend because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines
Wow... All the hate on this agreement. I admit to not understanding what the TPP really means, but it seems like a good thing the Philippines is not part of it, at least to my knowledge.

Malaysia just welcomed the TPP. "Why Is The U.S. Desperate To OK Slavery In Malaysia?"
Besides the dire issue of human trafficking as mentioned, Philippines will likely be affected in that;

The U.S. Navy currently dominates this vital strait courtesy of warships that are based in Singapore (at the southern end of the Malay Peninsula) and tacitly welcomed by Malaysia. Both of those nations are perturbed and directly threatened by China's muscular actions in their neighborhood. In a sign of its concern, Malaysia has even offered to expand the American military footprint in the region by hosting U.S. Navy aircraft.

For the Malaysians, the worry is not simply the Strait of Malacca. It is the idea that China may become a hegemon in the South China Sea. Beijing's expansion there has directly infringed on waters claimed by Malaysia, the Philippines, Brunei, Vietnam, Indonesia and Taiwan.

More at the Source - HPost

That's just the tip of it unfortunately. It's going to affect throughout.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
An Obamaophile on another board used this to praise Obama. He's a plant, nobody is that stupid and I'm fairly certain he just takes the pro Obama stance to be a troll, but still.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The TPP is an extension of the Mickey Mouse Protection Act:

"Contrary to the conventional view of an American economy bubbling with innovative small companies, the reality is quite different," Reich writes.

And although we are only beginning to understand the details — mostly because the Trans-Pacific Partnership was negotiated away from the prying eyes of voters — one of the main criticisms of international trade deals like the TPP is that the main beneficiaries are large corporations, not ordinary citizens.

"Negotiators worked overtime on terms to please multinational corporations — under close consultation with those same corporations. But there was no consultation with labour or civil society groups," says a release from the Trade Justice Network, a group that opposes the deal.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

That's the major red flag, is that we have no specifics. This is all being done secretly. We'll know what it entails after all is said and done, not to be changed. TPP COULD be an amazing advancement for the common man for all we know, but I seriously doubt it. Corporations are in these closed door discussions, but no civil liberties groups are included in these discussions. So, by lack of specifics, we get the impression that we're about to get dumped on.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

International mega-corporations get to call the shots in the nations that signed the agreement - and national laws have to be changed to "harmonize" with the other nations and to serve corporations. Human rights, civil rights, workers' rights, small business, environmental protections - all fall if they get in the way of corporate profits.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
TPP - big corps can sue entire countries for creating laws that disrupt their business (ei environmental laws against dumping waste or tobacco products)
- They increase foriegn exchange of food, so enjoy all those chemicals, preservatives, and mutated tumored animals from all over the world for YOU to eat, and they'll ship out the good stuff you guys make!
- Enjoy your diseased food, cause your diseased body will no longer get meds because they up the price to beyond what you can afford !
edit on 12-10-2015 by Presidentialpanda because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Obama = a republican.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is fantastic news!

I would like to nominate Nike and its BoD as President of the Intercontinental United States of Earth. Because if anyone knows how to lead it them.

Haliburton and its BoD can lead the energy department.
Lockheed Martin as Sec Def.
Burger King for Dept of Health and Human Services.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
HEllo Blade runner and Neo tokyo!! And we all know how those places turned out....

Yes, they turn out to be Mars. It isn't going to look like the movies.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join