It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest unanswered Question of all time, What is Truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A world leader once asked this very question of one of the simplest men that every lived all because that man said, "To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

What Sayest ye of ATS?

What is Truth?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Everyone bears witness to their own truth. WORD!

edit on 4-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

In the broadest sense, truth is what actually was, now is, and what will be...not what it could have been, might be, or what we wish it to be. So the truth is not relative, only our perception of it is.

Discovering the truth is nothing short of a miracle.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Someone told me once but I didn't believe them.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

In the broadest sense, truth is what actually was, now is, and what will be...not what it could have been, might be, or what we wish it to be. So the truth is not relative, only our perception of it is.

Discovering the truth is nothing short of a miracle.
Best answer i've ever heard. Until you got to the miracle part. You pic the most subjective of events to be the cherry on top of your magna opus. I'll give you the bene of the doubt that you did not notice that you snuck in that only a miracle (god) can reveal the truth. Tsk tsk..... As if.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
A world leader once asked this very question of one of the simplest men that every lived all because that man said, "To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

What Sayest ye of ATS?

What is Truth?

truth is that which does not change.

but to avoid becoming technical with that statement. i will provide 2

1st truth - a bicycle has 2 wheels.
this truth does not change, as a bicycle will always have 2 wheels. if it has 3 it becomes a tricycle.

2nd truth - a caterpillar starts off as a caterpillar but then transforms into a butterfly
this truth incorporates a transformation. as in, the transformation or change is part of the full process. yes a caterpillar is a caterpillar, but it changes over time into something else. if i dont include the change then i have not produced the complete truth. so truth is also completeness.

example of an untruth

a man drives his car to work at 60kmph every day.
this is not true, since noone drives at exactly any speed but speeds up and slows down a little in the course of the journey. slowing down to take corners and speeding up to overtake. so ud have to detail such things to provide the truth.

static items can easily be defined as truth. changing items need to have their process fully observed before truth can be claimed through completeness. its just difficult for the individual when some changes can take 100s of yrs to reach a full cycle thereby allowing truth to be defined and associated. when man only lives 100.

individuals can have their own perceptive truths, but real truth is all pervasive truth. truth which cannot change by the actions of man. truth which exists with or without your input or sway.

if a door is open. then it is true. nothing can change the fact that it is already open. this is an all pervasive truth. saying it will be speaking complete truth. noone can deny the door is open. once everyone understands and has the same meaning for the word 'open'.
edit on 5-10-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Truth is a well-spring we drink from that never runs out.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Truth is all around you and inside of you. Light is truth, it's only a matter of finding and seeing the light. Problem is, most people only see what the light hits instead of the light itself.

That's my opinion on it at least.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Mathematics is the only truth.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

A world leader?

Hardly... at that time HE was no one to the world...

yet 2k years later, HE is still the most talked about man in history...

truth

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Mathematics is the only truth.

I love my mother. That's a truth. No math required.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Jesus said: ‘I AM the truth’...

"Truth is not a teaching, truth is a person." ~ Jan Sjoerd Pasterkamp

edit on 5-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Yet without the "teaching" we would know nothing of the person

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

People can attain many truths without religion. They do every single day.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohnThe Greatest unanswered Question of all time, What is Truth?

It has been answered a multitude of times, actually.

Everything exists!
Existence is ALL inclusive!
Thus everything is Real!
Reality is ALL inclusive!
Thus everything/all Reality, is Truth!
Truth is ALL inclusive!

"Every kind of partial and transitory disequilibrium must perforce contribute towards the great equilibrium of the whole.." - Rene' Guenon

Very simple!
The only 'argument' exists as 'appearances' in the (vain, judgmental) dualistic limitations and schizophrenia of 'thoughts/imagination/ego'!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
One!
'One Omni- Self!'!'

edit on 5-10-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

100% correct...

Which is why Jesus opposed religion and the religious people hated Him so fiercely.

All religion does is drive people AWAY from God which is exactly what it was designed to do.

"What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion..."

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Yet without the "teaching" we would know nothing of the person

True, but when the Lord Jesus Christ said: ‘I am the truth’, He was referring to the fact that He literally IS the teaching...

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" ~ John 1:1

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You believe in Jesus Christ, god, and the Bible. As do religious people. What exactly are you subtracting from the equation Murgatroid when you claim you're not religious??

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Which is why Jesus opposed religion

Did he now...

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

The Law being the established religion. Obviously. Hence reference to Commandments, prophets, and Moses....
edit on 5-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
You believe in Jesus Christ, god, and the Bible. As do religious people. What exactly are you subtracting from the equation Murgatroid when you claim you're not religious??

The Lord Jesus Christ is NOT a religion...

He is God.

Which is why He said: “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I AM!”

The video below clearly illustrates this @ 6:25 min...

God was made manifest in the flesh. ~ 1 Timothy 3:16

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join