It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Source: Pope Blindsided By Meeting With Controversial Kentucky Clerk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
CBS

It is a meeting some charge was orchestrated by the man who lived there, the Pope’s representative here, Carlo Maria Vigano.
Not even Lombardi knew about it ahead of time, nor did the leadership of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which would have opposed it.
Others claim the Pope knew about the meeting, and had ordered Vatican diplomats — perhaps even Vigano — to set it up.
CBS 2’s Vatican source doesn’t think so. A close advisor to Pope Francis tweeted that the Pope was, in his words, “exploited” by those who set up what the CBS 2 source says was a “meeting that never should have taken place.”

It appears the meeting the Pope had with Kim Davis may be more of a political move by Carlo Maria Vigano.

I have seen other articles that the Liberty counsel had set this up ahead of time with Carlo Maria Vigano.

Do you think the Pope knew ahead of time, or fully understood the Kim Davis case before meeting her?
DO you think that the Liberty counsel conspired with Vigano to blindside the leadership of the Catholic church in the US in order to gain more publicity?
edit on 4-10-2015 by Dreamwatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2015 by Dreamwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

I think the Pope was blindsided, in order to make it appear that he supported her position. She is not Catholic, so I see no reason the Pope would schedule a meeting with her or throw his support behind a woman with such a controversial things going on in her life.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Since Kim Davis and her Liberty Council lawyer both refused to say how the meeting was arranged, or by whom,
I would lean towards blindsided.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The Pope wasn't shy about making bold or political statements while here. If he had indeed planned to meet with her to champion or support her cause, it seems to me we would have heard of it first through a Vatican spokesperson or actual media coverage of the event rather than Kim Davis or her reps.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I do not agree with Kim Davis's position.

However as an American she does have the right to her beliefs. What she doesn't have the right to do is impose her beliefs on others. But that's a different conversation.

The Pope has the right to meet or not meet with anyone he chooses. I don't have a problem with that either. And he did meet with two murdering communists in Cuba last month.

This really should be a non story. Davis needs to go away.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The Pope and his Priests are Pedophiles and anyone that listens to their crap is a fool. Enough said!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
The Pope and his Priests are Pedophiles and anyone that listens to their crap is a fool. Enough said!

I know it's not what we want to hear.

but he's trying.

Pope Francis makes Catholic bishops who cover up for paedophile priests accountable for first time with new tribunal system
edit on 5-10-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join