It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mid-East: Nuke it From Orbit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
does anyone read the article anymore? why do people just regurgitate headlines? what the # are western military forces still doing in the mid-east? is the obama administration trying to undermine the saudis by backing iran on the dl? should the israeli government calm its tits and try to go one day without antagonizing its neighbors? with tech advances rapidly rendering fossil fuels less relevant, are the costs of resource extraction in the mid-east outweighing the spoils? is it all just a proxy play to put the screws to russia’s nutsack? is our sack now caught in a vice of our own making?

is there a better way to deal with this multi decade cluster#?

these and other questions have me thoughtfully stroking my beard lately.

the bad intel on isis wasn't tweaked by the administration. that was done by high-level military officers on the ground because they lived in fear of the almighty rotoreaming they’d receive if they turned in the unadulterated stuff. namely, # ain’t going too well. that’s equally, if not more appalling than the headline attached to that story. don’t believe me?

GO READ THE FREAKING ARTICLE

is the obama administration trying to patch things up with iran, so that iran can provide a power balance to saudi arabia and the west can get the # out of that godforsaken region? yeah, probably, but if you’ve been keeping up with the rest of the class, the sauds are awful and their oil reserves have already peaked, meaning they’re about to get a whole lot worse. it’s probably not the best idea, but it doesn’t mean that the muslim brotherhood is running washington, for crying out loud. don’t believe me?

GO READ THE FREAKING ARTICLE. after you’re done, go look for secondary sources for the more outlandish claims. hint: outside of stormfront, you ain’t gonna find any.

hey. israel. CALM YOUR TITS. that is all.

speaking of oil, demand in the west will continue to steadily decline as superheroes like elon musk continue do their thang. but oil demand in china and india? well, that’s gonna be on the upsweep till 2040 by some projections. and does the west want russia holding china’s leash? HELL. NO.

so i guess putting a ring on iran and locking it down is considered the best way of avoiding that scenario, because military action sure as # hasn't been cutting it. i have an idea. if the west seeks to establish client states in the mideast, maybe we should be introducing everything that makes the west great into the region instead of razing the infrastructure and shrugging our shoulders when the resulting chaos becomes unmanageable. what seems to elude so many of these numbnuts is that you don't win a cultural war through military force. at least, you don't these days.

soft conversion through cultural exports and wholesome capitalist expansionism, yeah? or we can just nuke it from orbit.

it’s the only way to be sure.

ok, i’m all out steam. flame away.

edit on 4-10-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Exotica from the West? your kidding ...
besides they don't drink the amber nectar.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

actually, they do. aside from booze and boner pills, the sole cultural foothold the West has established comes in the form of pr0n streaming. lemme ask you this. what do you like about western culture?

me, i think if you offered an alternative, ANY alternative to state sanctioned beheadings, female infanticide, widespread starvation and zero viable infrastructure, the rank and file would totally jump for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
How brain damaged does a person have to be to want to start nuking parts of the world? Other nations have joined in the fight against ISIS so it's just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

JESUS EVERLOVING KEE-RIST. i repeat, DOES ANYONE BOTHER TO READ PAST THE HEADLINE ANYMORE? thanks for standing as object example here, but you might wanna read the read the rest of the OP. it's cool, bud, i'll wait.

i gotta go bury my head in an ice bucket now.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO
Ive been saying the exact same thing since day one.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

hey man, please clarify whether you agree with the content of the OP, or did you ONLY READ THE FREAKING HEADLINE?

goddamn.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Not really.
The West Is The Best.
Get here and we'll do the rest.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I only read the headline.

damn it!

edit on 4-10-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think we can all agree that nukes are bad...mmmkay.
But, Jeez...what cluster hump it has turned into in that neck of the woods.
I believe the OP's analysis of the situation is spot on.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ya mang, im with ya. Dropping nukes. Its all good

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Patience grasshopper, the Middle East will blow it self up before long. Especially quick when the oil money dries up.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
a reply to: smurfy

actually, they do. aside from booze and boner pills, the sole cultural foothold the West has established comes in the form of pr0n streaming. lemme ask you this. what do you like about western culture?

me, i think if you offered an alternative, ANY alternative to state sanctioned beheadings, female infanticide, widespread starvation and zero viable infrastructure, the rank and file would totally jump for it.

First off, this video is a synopsis, sort of,
on the same article from the daily beasty,

Second, if you haven't got it yet, the rank and file are jumping ship in the rush to get here...besides all those countries who's people are eligible to be here anyway, whether Muslim or otherwise. So basically, your suggestion is more the way of problem solving, just nuke them all, or with a push and a shove in the right direction/target from the 'West' (citation needed) they just might annilhilate each each other..like the way Syria is going..so far.
Me? I worry more about the movers and the shakers in the military, especially the Pentagon and where they are coming from, where they can decide to misinform an American President these days...wait, stop. It used to be the President who did the misinforming, like Johnston and Vietnam..or was that because Johnston was a parallel to the military, and perhaps the current President is not a member of the old pals club, and that he is on a lesser 'need to know' basis, even more so when he will soon be another 'here today, gone tomorrow' person.
On a brighter note, the Americans might soon need to vote on the new president, maybe between Donald, 'everybody duck' Trump, and Hillary, 'mad cow disease' Clinton. While here in the UK we need to look at pictures of David, 'streaky bacon' Cameron for another four years.
edit on 4-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

And yes im screwing with ya.
I read your OP an agree.
I joke a lot, but when it comes down to it, i have put a lot of time and heart into the issues taking place in the middle east.
Sometimes i find it easier to just joke to nuke the place, than rather talk the politics that have destroyed the country. Pretty burnt out on it actually, as it seems you are as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

lol, right on, bud. burnt out is right.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO

hey man, please clarify whether you agree with the content of the OP, or did you ONLY READ THE FREAKING HEADLINE?

goddamn.

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Patience grasshopper, the Middle East will blow it self up before long. Especially quick when the oil money dries up.

Two equally funny posts.

OP, if there was a definite solution to our struggle, we would have found it already. what ever your rationalization is, im sure it was thought of decades ago.

44!

top topics

join