It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-austerity protest in UK in the scope of snipers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hi

Here in the UK there have been more and more anti austerity marches. These have all been peaceful and each protest is growing in numbers. It appears the people's voice must be worrying the ptb as at an anti austerity March today in Manchester the greater Manchester Police had positioned snipers to ensure things don't get out of hand.
Also at the same time the conservative scum parry are holding their party conference not too far away. So maybe this was in case the commoners made too much noise or caused inconvenience to those in power.

Is this a sign of things to come? It just takes one trigger happy sniper to shot some innocent protestor for all he'll to break loose. Anger amongst the working class is growing with every cut and this will only add to the volatility of the situation.

link

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

yep they need a ring of steel around them to protect themselves from 'their' people. truly they are despised.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Not despised enough to be voted in again.

Either the British people are so thick and gullible. Or the msm have such a hold over their lives that they would vote parrot in to government if they were told so.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
And armed guards at a Tory party conference is not normal because?.
I would have been more surprised If they didn't have a couple of snipers on the roof.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Because the snipers were positioned pointing at the anti austerity March. The greater Manchester Police admit this and said it was only for surveillance.

Yeh it is surveillance until someone steps out of line....then it becomes mayhem.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's not surprising that they would have snipers protecting the people we vote in to make decisions on our behalf. After all, we couldn't have an incident effecting the law makers, we need to keep them safe, in order to create foreign policy that puts the likes of me and you in the frontline of terror, everyday.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Not despised enough to be voted in again.

Either the British people are so thick and gullible. Or the msm have such a hold over their lives that they would vote parrot in to government if they were told so.

Ah but with our outdate FPTP system they got in with a "majority of 24%" of the voting public. Even if you want to up that the number the best you can get is 36.9% of people who voted. Some fricking mandate !!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I would have been more surprised If they didn't have a couple of snipers on the roof.

The difference with this conference is that attendees were advised beforehand to ensure their passes, worn around the neck, are not visible to the public outside of the venue. I don't ever recall that being an issue before at a party conference.

This goes deeper than normal anti-terrorism security. This is a fear of people in the street potentially targeting Tories.

edit on 4-10-2015 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You don't need a loaded Sniper Rifle for Surveillance!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

So if some average joe on the street pointed a gun at a cop and said....it's only for some surveillance. I'm pretty sure average joe would have on average 50 holes in his face.

I thought maybe the world is changing and people are starting to wake up and take notice. Then I went out and about today and spoke to a number of people.....guess what....they are as clueless and ignorant as ever.

I don't know if this is anger or frustration .

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The purpose of "austerity measures" was supposed to be to "balance the budget", but they just ended up taking money out of the hands of people who would have spent it and boosted the economy. Though most of that money would probably end up going out of the country and to China. The other political issue was to close the earnings gap between the have-nots and the haves, but that just seemed to pass more money to the banks.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Horrifying and proof this particular Tory Party and it's elite are not on the side of the British Public.

Remember how cameron had police policy changed to that demonstrators whom lose control can now be shot dead to prevent them breaking a window, just about the same time he had the police start packing dumb dumb rounds in there 9mm pistols with the excuse that these killer bullets will then not injure the person behind the person they then shoot dead.

This is Terror Tactic's against free speech and nothing more, nothing less, it is a show of force to intimidate the protestors and make them feel they could be shot dead at any moment in order to deter future protest's, I feel cameron may end up being a truly hunted man before this term is over along with his scum chum's LDS and Osbourne.

When they start killing our people then it will be time to turn the table's, they are not stripping your and my state pension because it makes sound economic sense, they are stripping them because it mean's you will have to give your money to the private sector and make profit for them.

Under Tory Lite (sorry New Labour) we were encouraged to take out private pensions and then we were told that we had been mis-sold those pension's as they would leave us worse off than the state pension which we had opted out of making a vast number of people myself included Opt Back into SERPs but of course all that money going back into the state coffer's made those financial advisors and there Oligarchy type Investment fund's suffer a small downturn and whom does Cameron, his scum chum's LDS and Osbourn really represent, the Banksters and Investment fund managers of course as that is were there own wealth lies as well so F(&U all the innocent people and let's Rob them, Fu"$ the children and the future so long as I am wealthy is there obvious attitude, but what can you expect from such absolute $#it bag's.

Not the nicest people in the world are they and definitely not the honest one's.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Why would the Police have snipers?
That really pi$$es me off.
We have a treacherous Government despised by the masses and then a Police force that acts in their interests every time and can't wait to hand out some brutality to pretend to protect law and order when in effect they are protecting the most dishonest unpatriotic bunch of scum you could ever wish to meet.
Then the Police are bewildered by the venom aimed at them when a riot kicks off.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Latest news from the Tory conference, The Taxpayer federation (who ever the hell they are as I pay tax and am not one of them are you?) have just told the government to cut pensioner benefit's NOW, as if we don't have enough old folk dying in the cold ever winter or starving to keep themselves warm.
www.bbc.co.uk...
Note he says that most of the pensioners will be dead by the next election (probably as they will starve or die of stress and worry) and those that are not will not remember which Party did this to them?.

Now what was the typical tory line and lie before the election.
www.theguardian.com...
Pfff protected my arse.

Remember this was the evil git of a man whom was constantly complaining that there were too many old folk's, guess what we all get old so I assume that in his world the poor (not the rich of course) would be killed off when they got to be no longer able to work, not that they don't do that now already with the Liverpool Care Pathway and other so called end of life or paliative care in hospital's and off you pop injection's at home.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Funny how those on the left politically are only fans of democracy when it goes their way. The Tories got voted in as the majority of people who voted agreed with their policies. I agreed with very little of what Labour stood for during their disastrous 13 years in government and yet as a mature, stable adult I didn't start causing civil disturbances, throwing eggs or spitting on people. Neither did I consider those people who voted Labour 'scum'.

The Left in the UK really needs to grow up or they will find themselves out of government for a very long time.

edit on 5-10-2015 by fossildog because: ...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
Hi

Here in the UK there have been more and more anti austerity marches. These have all been peaceful and each protest is growing in numbers. It appears the people's voice must be worrying the ptb as at an anti austerity March today in Manchester the greater Manchester Police had positioned snipers to ensure things don't get out of hand.
]

........ positioned snipers to ensure things don't get out of hand? .......or to inimidate those who have the audacity to get out of their box and resist the goverment thereby embarrassing it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
There is term for it. EUGENICS.
Look at the figures for sick people whom died weeks after being sanctioned. What amazes me is people really still deny it is happening. They could just be cowards and glad its not them as they are able and can conform.
I really worry for the grandchildren I do not yet have. What is the future? will we let them carry on? who is going to help?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Motorhead

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The difference with this conference is that attendees were advised beforehand to ensure their passes, worn around the neck, are not visible to the public outside of the venue. I don't ever recall that being an issue before at a party conference.

This goes deeper than normal anti-terrorism security. This is a fear of people in the street potentially targeting Tories.

I'm a Tory (at present). I have no fear whatsoever of people in the street. Why should attendees be any different? Honestly, do you think they are quaking in fear at the the thought of walking down a street of other members of the public?

As to armed police, it is the conference of the party currently forming the government. Of course there are snipers. There will be all sorts of other counter terrorism measures being undertaken as well. The Tories have had tight security since the Brighton bombings - quite understandably really.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: fossildog

The Tories got voted in as the majority of people who voted agreed with their policies

No they didn't.

Vote percentage 2015 UK General Election. Turnout 66.1%

Tories 36.9%

Labour 30.4%

UKIP 12.6%

SNP 4.7%

Greens 3.9%

Tories percentage of vote 36.9%

Others 59.4%

No way did the majority of those who voted vote for The Tories

edit on 5-10-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

But nor did any other party either.

Torys still got the biggest vote.

Unless we go to a joke of a two party system like the USA then 36% is a win.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join