It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss gun restriction using logic and reason

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well considering schools are full of minors that can't carry guns your argument is pointless.
Now talk about all the other gun free zones.
Parks
Malls
Movie theatres
And yes colleges full of kids that are old enough to die for their country.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Can you show that any of the targets were chosen just because they were gun free zones or do the shooters generally have some sort of connection to the target?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: boymonkey74

So arming the kids that is your answer? a school full of armed kids?.
Or am I wrong with my assumption?.

There where shotguns all over the parking lot of my high school, and nobody got shot.

Sorry, but, that is very hard to believe, and even if true, then it's very, VERY irresponsible.

edit on 4-10-2015 by BelowBottomSecret because: Quoted wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

and after that be given a firearm inside a lockbox, and bullets that he hides in a separate place only be knows about.

Thats a bad idea, it belongs on his hip..

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Unfortunately this was before my time. Would've loved to go straight from school to the woods and do some hunting. My father tells stories all the time about how different it used to be. One of his friends kept his shotgun in his locker after explaining to the principal his car door locks didn't work and was worried someone might steal it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

why technically can't 5 year olds run around with guns? they're citizens and theres nothing in the 2nd that puts an age limit on owning a gun as far as i can see.....could make the playground a much more respectful place when you try and steal someones shiny charizard card and you get a .50 cal in the face

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Obviously that is a bad idea. Although I don't think that is what blunt was trying to say. Maybe, but who knows...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

We usually start the 5 year olds with knives....

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

why technically can't 5 year olds run around with guns? they're citizens and theres nothing in the 2nd that puts an age limit on owning a gun as far as i can see.....could make the playground a much more respectful place when you try and steal someones shiny charizard card and you get a .50 cal in the face

Are you all for real? LOL! These are some of the WORST solutions I have EVER seen to ANY problem, let alone a problem as massive as the US has right now.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The problem with offering common sense ideas to gun control is that our gun grabbing zealots have never ever, used any common sense solutions to violence with guns. They can't do that because then it might actually help people NOT die.

The gun grabbers need people to keep dying so they can take away all gun rights, not offer solutions that will allow our gun rights NOT to be infringed.

Infringing gun rights from LAW ABIDING CITIZENS is what THEY are doing. Gun legislation only helps criminals have less chance of getting shot themselves when they want to shoot people dead.

I hope this makes what is happening perfectly clear.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Can you show that any of the targets were chosen just because they were gun free zones or do the shooters generally have some sort of connection to the target?

From what I can tell these shooters choose places where they know their victims will not be armed, any other connection I can't be sure of.

link   

My college has campus police. Many of us students (we are not pimple headed teens) are prior LEO and or military. Our Professors know that we are armed. They welcome this as do the brothers and sisters we worship with.

Just sayin.

School marshals. .. excellent idea...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
For all members here who disagree with being armed...here are 12 reasons being prepared saves lives.

controversialtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think you just created the next branch of military. School marshalls haha. I honestly think it isn't a bad idea. Specially trained men and women for schools to protect against threats. It could work!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

It could be an idea couldn't it? I mean instead of arguing lets all come up with ideas to help keep the kids safe in school.

link   

Oh, no! And not even pop tarts gnawed in shapes that vaguely resemble guns. We suspend kids for that you know.

link   
a reply to: seaswine

In Indiana We had hunter education in school back in the day
www.hunter-ed.com...
Yes in school,during school ,not as a after school option and it was free
And now its required for anyone born after 1986 to get a hunting license
edit on 4-10-2015 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I guess you would have to look at mass shootings and take a look at the places where they generally happen. How many have taken place in and around zones where people are allowed to carry? How many have taken place where guns are not allowed?

Draw you conclusions from those results. It is known that these are usually planned out events. We know Holmes for example bypassed several theatres that were closer to his home and chose one further away. One thing that was different between the locations was their gun policies. The one he attacked was gun free and the others were not. He has never said that was why or at least, if he has, it has never been reported. The most we know is that the theatre he chose has "special significance" but what that means no one has ever shed light on.
edit on 4-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowBottomSecret

Are you all for real? LOL! These are some of the WORST solutions I have EVER seen to ANY problem, let alone a problem as massive as the US has right now.

I used to run around with my .22 rifle when I was 7 and no one minded too much. Then at 11, I was traipsing around with my double barreled 16 gauge shotgun. A year later I had a 10 gauge, but that beast really hurt my shoulder. (The 16 did too when I often pulled both triggers at the same time by mistake.
I was unstoppable shooting clay pigeons and grouse, and chukar and such. Every time I got a chance at Pheasant, my friend's head would be in the way, so I never got to even raise my weapon for a shot.

Never an accident either.
I attended safety courses when just a little sprout at the local PD basement.

I took my long guns to High school and kept them in my truck, and no one SWATTED me.. Amazing days back then. (Back when people showed more respect for the constitutional rights of citizens.)
edit on 4-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Look at my link
controversialtimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join