It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interstate 95 closed in SC from I20 in Florence SC to I26 due to flooding

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I have nothing to add but prayers for those in SC and the areas of the SE having so much rain and wind.

And a big thanks to SCGrits and new_here for keeping us posted with info, links and pictures.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hey New Here, you & your mom might find this link a help & interesting--look for Kershaw Co & it lists all roads washed out & flooded. Wash outs --look for a nearby pond that might have failed. SCDOT list of roads

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Why thank you Don't Tread on Me! That means a lot!!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SCGrits

I hope this makes sense?? and that I didn't bore you to death!!Got any more questions-happy to answ if I can

No it was fascinating, really. And I definitely WILL be on the lookout for the 'language' used to describe what is/has transpired. Thanks for taking the time!

And yes, Hwy 97 towards Great Falls... that is exactly the route to my mom's! So yes, hilly. Not at all like 'the flatlands' of Camden-proper.

The Lugoff side of Lake Wateree is more low-lying, right? And Lugoff is experiencing some flooding.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SCGrits
Hey New Here, you & your mom might find this link a help & interesting--look for Kershaw Co & it lists all roads washed out & flooded. Wash outs --look for a nearby pond that might have failed. SCDOT list of roads

Thank you SCGrits! Also, my son will be headed back to Charleston (West Ashley) tomorrow so this will also be helpful to him.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Wow, this is worse than I knew. I'm closer to upstate SC so I haven't experienced anything much worse than annoyance, and some standing water in certain areas during the heavier waves of rain. I have some friends in Columbia's suburbs, they are OK along with their house but they said things are pretty serious in town. Hoping the worst of this mess is over for my fellow South Carolinians.
edit on 4-10-2015 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Looking at this from an impersonal perspective, I can't help but speculate that this was a HAARP/Chemtrails induced storm of gigantic proportions and totally anomalous to the two regions.

Both South Carolina and the South of France lay roughly within a band of Latitude between 35-45 degrees North.
Both areas, Antibes, France and Columbia SC, suffered a huge amount of rainfall and dangerous water power, causing destruction to the extent that has never been seen before...At least 4 feet of water and powerful torrents that took out roads and bridges.

Call it Weather Modification, Solar Radiation Management, Cloud Seeding or Climate Geoengineering, these two devastating weather-induced water catastrophes were anomalous for their regions and seasons, and both happened simultaneously across a thin band of latitude.

I would also speculate that this man-made weather system was responsible for the cold front that diverted hurricane Joachim and sent it hurtling NorthEastwards in order to divert it from the US East Coast.

This crap has got to stop!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

The Lugoff side of Lake Wateree is more low-lying, right? And Lugoff is experiencing some flooding.

Correct, less elevation & denser population= more bldg & more hardscape = more runoff.

Thank you SCGrits! Also, my son will be headed back to Charleston (West Ashley) tomorrow so this will also be helpful to him.

You are most welcome! Please tell him to be very careful - esp once in Charleston. It's still dicey there. Prayers and a whole lotta finger crossing!!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: duke396

Hoping the worst of this mess is over for my fellow South Carolinians.
Copy that!!! Hope your friends stay ok.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Starling

Both areas, Antibes, France and Columbia SC, suffered a huge amount of rainfall and dangerous water power, causing destruction to the extent that has never been seen before.

I had seen that on the fly but didn't realize it was that serious. Been kinda busy! And yes this weather phenomena that caused this is definitely 1 in a million.

both happened simultaneously across a thin band of latitude.
Interesting.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I would also speculate that this man-made weather system was responsible for the cold front that diverted hurricane Joachim and sent it hurtling NorthEastwards in order to divert it from the US East Coast.

I fully admit that my conspiracy mind went there too, right when I saw that weird about-face Joachim did at the Bahamas.

One of Joachim's models sent it to Washington, DC (weather wars from Russia or China, anyone?) and then the weather system from the Gulf, and what-not, steered that baby right back out to sea. Washington either over-corrected or simply thru SC under the bus to save itself, or the flooding was another counterattack. Or I have let my imagination get away with me... you be the judge!

But I tell you that hurricane made a strange about face, it did!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Wow, I just came up for air after 16 hrs of this and checked the front page and we is gone front page news!!! Thanks guys!! I want to send a heartfelt thanks to all ya'll for comments, stars and flags. It's just great to know ya'll care.
Prayers for all the ppl left with nothing but their lives, their kids, their pets and the clothes on their back. In the grand scheme of things that's all that really matters.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I fully admit that my conspiracy mind went there too, right when I saw that weird about-face Joachim did at the Bahamas.

One of Joachim's models sent it to Washington, DC (weather wars from Russia or China, anyone?) and then the weather system from the Gulf, and what-not, steered that baby right back out to sea. Washington either over-corrected or simply thru SC under the bus to save itself, or the flooding was another counterattack. Or I have let my imagination get away with me... you be the judge!

But I tell you that hurricane made a strange about face, it did!

As far as I understand it, the two weather systems were separate.
That's why I think that one system forced the other system out of the way.
South Carolina bore the brunt of both.
They be busy up there, way up in them skies!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Wow, I just came up for air after 16 hrs of this and checked the front page and we is gone front page news!!! Thanks guys!! I want to send a heartfelt thanks to all ya'll for comments, stars and flags. It's just great to know ya'll care.
Prayers for all the ppl left with nothing but their lives, their kids, their pets and the clothes on their back. In the grand scheme of things that's all that really matters.

Well, you've done your job to educate and laid out all the pertinent links, plus the topic itself is trending. It is nice to 'debrief' and commiserate. So thanks for starting the thread.

And yes, I agree that despite how devastating to lose homes, cars, possessions... to come out alive with loved ones and pets safe, is a gift indeed. Not downplaying their trauma and loss, but I'm sure they'd agree.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It is nice to 'debrief' and commiserate.

Yeah boss, I think it's beer thirty for me, with a side of Jager. And thank you so much for your input.

Now ain't this a wonderful sight!?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

It is nice to 'debrief' and commiserate.

Yeah boss, I think it's beer thirty for me, with a side of Jager. And thank you so much for your input.

Now ain't this a wonderful sight!?

That is a special sight. Also read on the SCDOT tweets that Florida sent a team. That just really warms your heart, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well alrighty then--I'm back, after a little respite, for a ''lil nite cap so to speak .
Hats off and a moment of silence for
and the 6 other ppl that have lost their lives in this mess
He's 1; lady in Greenville going to work, I think it was Friday, going under a train underpass in the dark, was 2; young lady in Columbia was 3; the other four - I'm sure were one or two of those poor souls in pics I posted earlier --how could they have escaped raging waters when they fell through space into the torrent where a bridge shoulda been????

Anywhoo, Timothy Wayne Gibson, bless your heart son, hats off.

More ppl stepping up: 2 Columbia hospitals were contemplating evac the whole hosp b/c of no water scvs - water treatment plants flooded ie bacteria and other vile nasties in tapwater right now -- when

How's that for creative thinking outta da box??!!

Was watching TWC during my break and they mentioned 2x that i95 was shut down b/c of a dam breach, but didn't mention what dam, where located, nada. So I's got my handy dandy map down and started pondering. There is only one lake that could possibly imperil i95 on that level, the rest is pure swamp, and that's Lake Marion, only its dam is well downstream east of the i95 bridge structure - ergo no impact..

The only other lake capable of impacting i95 like that is Lake Murray, to the west of Columbia, which if it blew it's cork, would've taken Columbia with it. Now they've done work on Lake Murray's dam recently -last 2-3 years or so if I remember right, to beef it up b/c it is old to say the least. Drained the lake and everything. So I believed SCANA - (power co) when they said Lake Murray's dam was a ok- But....got to thinking - the %^#$ started to hit the fan in Columbia this am about 9-10 am--it took Gov Haley to 3:30-4pm to step up and speak to the masses via her presser--that's 5-6 hrs after the fact--and she's the gov- capital is Columbia --was she NOT in Columbia? Did she have prior knowledge that with 15-20 inches of rain predicted that Columbia would not be a safe place --ie a Lake Murrary dam breach was possible??

I would love to know the name of the DOT official that made the call to close i95. That's no small deal. There is something major going on and they TPB ain't telling us folks and that makes me real mad 'cause I gots family REAL near here. This be my stompin ground so to speak. But...I ain't there right now, don't have boots on the ground, so I can't say, but I will be looking into this.

I'm outta here - sleep tight ya'll. Stay dry if you can

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

More heat in the atmosphere=more evaporation=more rain. Has anyone noticed catastrophic weather is becoming a weekly event? They are saying it hasn't flooded like this in a thousand years. How many more disasters is it going to take to make people realize that our climate is changing and its human induced?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Wow, that is a creative solution the firemen came up with to provide water to the hospitals!

ABC posted this an hour ago:

Source

Many residents of Columbia were without drinking water Sunday evening because of water main breaks from the flooding, and officials say those affected should be prepared to be without potable water from the city system for three to four days. Earlier, the city issued a boil water advisory for all of its 375,000 customers.

Which made me think, hmmm... 30,000 people without electricity told to boil water. Also, stay home, don't drive, no water for 3 days. Yikes!
edit on 10/5/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Greetings:

Just got off the phone with our friend Jim Lee (ClimateViewer.com), and he is high and dry personally, but Sumter is virtually cut off from the rest of the state due to flooded roads.

We (OPERATIONS TREE DISASTER RELIEF TEAM) leave Thursday morning and Jimbo's home is our first stop to remove the big trees threatening his lovely home.

From there, we will go where the need be.

Be safe.

thorfourwinds

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join