It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several possible UFOs on ISS HD Timelapse video?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Constance
It would be good if someone here with the necessary technical skill could post one or two of these screen grabs so they can be readily enlarged and studied here.

I did that above. The enlargements were unenlightening.

These screen grabs were made to capture some details, if possible, regarding the object or island that moves from the limb region to the lower left corner of the screen and then beyond the camera's range. Only tigertatzen and I have so far been interested in this whatever-it-is.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

These screen grabs were made to capture some details, if possible, regarding the object or island that moves from the limb region to the lower left corner of the screen and then beyond the camera's range. Only tigertatzen and I have so far been interested in this whatever-it-is.

Do you expect them to show more than a dot?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Constance

A member of the Paracast forum has posted eight screen grabs from ~ 1:08 at the link below, the sequence of which I think shows slight changes in visible details and possible attitude of the object in the lower left. I looked for the latter remembering your comment the other night about an apparent change in the angle of pitch of the object. Island or flying object? I still think the latter.

www.theparacast.com...-233448

NOTE: the eight screen grabs appear at the end of the Paracast thread's first page. I meant to post a more direct link to these large images themselves and will try to do so.

You have to join the forum in order to view the enlargements, but I can see the screen grabs quite well. I do not think this is an island. And it doesn't appear to be part of the topography...it is not on the ground, or even close to it. And yes, the angle and pitch has changed by that point and it has just appeared to level out. I'm calling it a flying object until something can be offered to prove otherwise. You said that you cannot see the lighted objects in the area circled in the OP's screen grab? Did you try slowing down the video and are you playing it in high res?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Do you expect them to show more than a dot?

She's not talking about the lighted things in the OP. She's talking about the object that is at the lower left of the screen in the pics she linked. She cannot even see the OP's objects.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

A member of the Paracast forum has posted eight screen grabs from ~ 1:08 at the link below, the sequence of which I think shows slight changes in visible details and possible attitude of the object in the lower left. I looked for the latter remembering your comment the other night about an apparent change in the angle of pitch of the object. Island or flying object? I still think the latter.

www.theparacast.com...-233448

NOTE: the eight screen grabs appear at the end of the Paracast thread's first page. I meant to post a more direct link to these large images themselves and will try to do so.

You have to join the forum in order to view the enlargements, but I can see the screen grabs quite well. I do not think this is an island. And it doesn't appear to be part of the topography...it is not on the ground, or even close to it. And yes, the angle and pitch has changed by that point and it has just appeared to level out. I'm calling it a flying object until something can be offered to prove otherwise. You said that you cannot see the lighted objects in the area circled in the OP's screen grab? Did you try slowing down the video and are you playing it in high res?

I'm sorry to hear that the enlargements aren't visible without joining the Paracast. It's simple and free to join, however, and the forum offers a wide range of threads, a deep archive, and easy to use and highly readable posting mechanisms.

Re the two objects in the distant sky that the OP pointed to, I'll go and look again in slow motion. To tell the truth, I've been so fascinated by the object near earth that I've hardly yet looked at other interesting things in the video. The enlargements that Han produced for the Paracast thread have enabled me to study the changes in angle and pitch that you saw the other night. I don't know how to view the video in high res. How do I go about doing that?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that the enlargements aren't visible without joining the Paracast. It's simple and free to join, however, and the forum offers a wide range of threads, a deep archive, and easy to use and highly readable posting mechanisms.

Re the two objects in the distant sky that the OP pointed to, I'll go and look again in slow motion. To tell the truth, I've been so fascinated by the object near earth that I've hardly yet looked at other interesting things in the video. The enlargements that Han produced for the Paracast thread have enabled me to study the changes in angle and pitch that you saw the other night. I don't know how to view the video in high res. How do I go about doing that?

Maybe I'll check it out then
So far this is the only forum site I've ever joined.

It's funny how everyone is oohing and ahhing over the bright, shiny things and only one person notices the rather drab thing by comparison, and it turns out to be the most interesting, isn't it? The ugly duckling turns out to be the swan.

Perhaps I should have said high def. There's a little cog wheel for the settings on the video...and I think there might be a separate button for video quality too. My laptop automatically defaults to high def. And of course, I can't see them in fullscreen but you probably can if you slow it down. They come speeding across right where the OP circled, they're very bright and bi-colored (but you won't see that) and sort of resemble really large stars...only much brighter.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Oh, a little snark. Sorry.
No problem. I guess you meant that the various items that interest us in the video posted by the OP can also be explained as reflections

Or refractions, or lens flare, depending. Since we don't see the source in view, these can't be ruled out. The examples provided were similar, showing different reasons why nondescript lights or "objects" appear on video.

Determining oofo or paranormal is a process of adding up or eliminating all the possibilities and taking into account all the evidence. The process stops when we can't say for sure what it wasn't.

Sorry, I'm not saying that more clearly.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

"Escape Velocity" of man made rockets (getting to orbit) requires a minimum velocity of 5 miles per second. When you see a satellite overhead thats how fast its moving. Count, one thousand one… thats five miles.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Tigertatzen wrote:

Maybe I'll check it out then
So far this is the only forum site I've ever joined.

I hope you do. You might like it.

It's funny how everyone is oohing and ahhing over the bright, shiny things and only one person notices the rather drab thing by comparison, and it turns out to be the most interesting, isn't it? The ugly duckling turns out to be the swan.

That is kind of funny, but there's so much going on in these two minutes of video it's easy to see why. I'm so glad you've been willing to look at this pancake.

Perhaps I should have said high def. There's a little cog wheel for the settings on the video...and I think there might be a separate button for video quality too. My laptop automatically defaults to high def. And of course, I can't see them in fullscreen but you probably can if you slow it down. They come speeding across right where the OP circled, they're very bright and bi-colored (but you won't see that) and sort of resemble really large stars...only much brighter.

I see them now that you've told me how to increase the definition. Wow, everything comes to life and clarity in this high setting. I don't see the two racing objects in bi-color (so wonderful for you that you can!!) but in bright white, and they move so fast they blur. I can't see what they could be reflections of. There is another one a bit earlier as well. Thanks for telling me how to enhance what's on my screen. It's dazzling now.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for the explanation. I am familiar with lens flare and also how reflections on glass can be misleading, but I don't think either are likely explanations for those two speeding objects. What kind of source for the reflections do you have in mind?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Pretty much done here, I can't rule out they are satellites, either. People who lived a hundred years ago would find this footage and a satellite crossing the heavens dumbfounding. Thanks for the chat.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thank you as well. One more question, though: what do you make of the object that tigertatzen and I have been discussing (visible between 1:02 and 1:08)?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join