It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several possible UFOs on ISS HD Timelapse video?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

So what was it that I posted in the screenshot above then?

If that's a reflection, why can't the objects be reflections?

And if it's not a reflection, what is it?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Remember people that we can slow these videos down by going to the little cog on the video which is settings, and slow the video down to 0.25.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Doesn't reflections act on light like a prism? so you do see many colours?.
I could watch it all day tbh UFO or reflection It's super duper cool.

Yes, and if I'm too close, it's blinding. Apparently I see colors that are invisible to other people. I started having horrible headaches when I was a teenager and I could not bear to be in bright light (still can't), and my teachers thought I was hallucinating because I was seeing outlines of colors on everything. My physician thought I had a brain tumor because my pupils did not constrict when light was shined in my eyes, and I was sent for an eye exam, and that's when I found out I don't have the same number of cones in my eyes as other people. They probably would have found it a lot sooner, but my parents didn't believe in doctors. Up until then, I just thought everyone saw the same way I did. My vision is similar to a cat's, and I can see in the dark just like it's an overcast day...I always joke that it's my super power.

I have literally watched this video 12 times already. It is so breathtakingly beautiful...even without the UFO's, just like the OP said. I wish my daddy was still alive because he would have loved this. I don't know what those things are, but they are definitely not stars and I really don't think they're satellites. I don't know about reflections...of course anything is possible in the Universe, but I'd really like to think they're ships just out there racing among the stars. They say it is silent in space, and for some reason that has always frightened me, but if it looks like this out there, I don't think the silence would be so scary after all.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

So what was it that I posted in the screenshot above then?

If that's a reflection, why can't the objects be reflections?

And if it's not a reflection, what is it?

I think perhaps there is a misunderstanding. I wasn't challenging the idea of them being a reflection. I meant I literally cannot understand what exactly causes people to think that. I don't know a whole lot about things like that, so I find it puzzling, and reading about it really doesn't help me much. I'm more of a visual learner when it comes to things like that...I need someone to point it out to me in order to comprehend it, if that makes sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Remember people that we can slow these videos down by going to the little cog on the video which is settings, and slow the video down to 0.25.

Aha! I did not know that, thank you!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

I didn't know about this trick either, thanks!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

My thoughts are on UFOs, that's what I see, i'm also struggling to see them as lens flare, they look solid.

I could also be wrong, i simply don't know until they can be confirmed as lens flare with the appropriate evidence to say so.

They look solid to me as well, and have a yellow glow around them like an aura or an outline. And I swear, one of them pulls ahead of the other one at one point. Either way it's amazing, but I sure would like to believe they're spacecraft. Can you just imagine zipping around the stars like that? This really made my whole weekend. I just found out my Aunt passed away and it's peaceful to think that she might be up there somewhere with an eternal view of this, you know?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Not ET .. but very Kewl Vid.
S&F

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, i'm also positive she's not only just up there, but with you right now too, and always will be.
Death can also be a beginning, we don't know what awaits us on the other side, we just know that is going to be beautiful just like our birth was.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Juts adding, reflections can't be ruled out if recording through glass. Every piece of footage ever taken is not only recorded through multiple lenses on the camera, but usually through windows of space craft as well.

Bear in mind too, relative velocities of objects in space are so great that unless they are danger close and somewhat matched intrinsically, it would be impossible to see them with the naked eye.

For instance, down here, you can't see a bullet go by, its invisible to the naked eye.

Bullets are slow compared to the relative velocities of objects in space. Thats why space debris is so dangerous to manned missions, why NASA tracks "space junk" and issues warnings whenever anything gets close (within Kilometers).

Taking into account that NASA may be covering up actual UFO activity, they don't release footage of anything but explained phenomenon (like lens flare, reflections, refractions, whatever).

And they don't take the time to explain every little flare glare for everyone.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Thank you so much for your kind words. She was 93, she lived a long life. Sometimes I can be cynical about the afterlife, but things like this give me hope.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Juts adding, reflections can't be ruled out if recording through glass. Every piece of footage ever taken is not only recorded through multiple lenses on the camera, but usually through windows of space craft as well.

Bear in mind too, relative velocities of objects in space are so great that unless they are danger close and somewhat matched intrinsically, it would be impossible to see them with the naked eye.

For instance, down here, you can't see a bullet go by, its invisible to the naked eye.

Bullets are slow compared to the relative velocities of objects in space. Thats why space debris is so dangerous to manned missions, why NASA tracks "space junk" and issues warnings whenever anything gets close (within Kilometers).

Taking into account that NASA may be covering up actual UFO activity, they don't release footage of anything but explained phenomenon (like lens flare, reflections, refractions, whatever).

And they don't take the time to explain every little flare glare for everyone.

So if it's filmed through glass, then reflections as an explanation would be simply conjecture and not actually provable? I think what trips me up is trying to understand what something could be a reflection of, particularly in a case like this, where there are so many lights and shiny things all in one place. And if I try to look at it in fullscreen it nearly blinds me...I have to squint to cut the glare down, but all it looks like at that point is just a multitude of stars...very pretty, but impossible to discern movement. That's why I couldn't see them at first.

I've got glasses that help, but I have misplaced them and haven't been able to find them for two days. I can see it more clearly and actually look right at it if it's not in fullscreen but then of course it's a whole lot smaller. It's frustrating, because I could tell so much more about them if I could see them up close...I'm going to see if maybe using my friend's laptop would be better. It's a huge screen and if I stand away from it, maybe that'll do the trick. But they are definitely multi-colored...if they're actually ships, that could be their lights. Do you think that they're not actually ships since they were posted publicly, per your statement about NASA?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

So if it's filmed through glass, then reflections as an explanation would be simply conjecture and not actually provable?

We have to rule out all other possibilities before we are left with unknown(s). Glass screens in front of the camera, movement of the camera relative to the background, and NASA (Never A Straight Answer) all make this more difficult.

Dd you get the faster than a bullet thing?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr....

Excellent point, worth making again and again.

A few times, NASA had a safe but close pass of a largish object -- a foot or two in size -- and asked the crew to watch for it. They've never seen them, not once. The illumination also has to be perfect -- daytime, but no sun on the window to glare out the field of view.

For bullets and space junk the issue is mainly angular rate versus eyeball scan rate, if something is big enough and far away enough, it can be seen -- for example, Iridium flare have been observed from ISS [Don Pettit worked out the prediction software], Skylab crews could spot their S-II stage once and awhile -- but it's rare. It's why I abandoned the Proton-3 explanation for the Gemini-11 fly-by object in favor of Brad Sparks' much more plausible suggestion.

Either way, it's good to pay attention to all apparent visual anomalies -- there could be critical clues to really important stuff -- www.today.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It's not lens flare, I don't think it's a reflection either, but it could be very fine streaks or scratches running laterally across the glass canopy catching the light for the two sources that run together, however that effect is visually akin to a real body crossing the sky. Only thing to do there is to look for repetition in other video.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I like the formation movement of the two
whatever they are. Soon,the people who have
the uncanny ability of knowing absolutely everything will say:
"It's the Iridium satellite constellations"
Then pull up orbital numbers that won't correspond
but this doesn't matter because they can't be
unknowns. Since a few satellites do orbit in formation
and unknowns are not NASA approved, these are obviously
satellites.
ugh I was 30 seconds too late..
NASA sure puts their goods in the vicinity of what should be catalogued
space debris.... often.
edit on 4-10-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: so it begins

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Well, it is a time-lapse video, so nothing is moving as fast as it appears to. (ETA - I'm not talking their actual velocity in space - I get they are moving extremely fast, but I mean the video makes them look faster due to it being time-lapse.)

I'm not sold on any lens flare/reflections for the lights in question, but at full screen it was pixilated, so harder to determine anything. Hm. If you look at this in full screen you can see stable lights moving with the ISS - tiny pinpricks. These look like they may be reflections to me.

The lights that move from right to left? I have no idea. They appear suddenly and are moving in a different direction than the ISS orbit. I do not know if this is common behavior for satellites or space debris. If this is uncommon, then that is remarkable. If it is common, then we would have to know complete data for satellites and such and where they would be in relation to the ISS over the earth at the time/place of the ISS location and see what it might be. This is a tough one, in my opinion, and not readily determined by my admittedly limited knowledge.

Certainly interesting!

- AB
edit on 4-10-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So ,most of us are in agreement and are absolutely correct . Most definitely UFOs. And everyone does remember what that stands for , right ?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A very interesting video. I had to look twice but there they went off to the races.......good catch.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Thank you, Jim. You taught me that, you know, right here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join