It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, if God or a higher power exists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: asinapi1

So we are all emanations of god?

Sure. Maybe.

Anyways you're right, we can't prove it. It's unprovable. As are all things said to exist outside the Universe.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum

It's all about personal experience, not "proof" or "evidence" in the materialistic sense. If you believe great, if you don't, great. It will all be worked out in the end regardless of our collective ignorance.

our collective ignorance is huge... it is as big
as the whole universe... and getting bigger.

the Eastern guru's all taught reincarnation...
this was the ubiquitous ancient teaching
until the Christian era, then the collective
ignorance become not knowing what had
always be taken for granted. These Mono
Theist then called everyone else ignorant
in an era now known as the Dark Age.

Does it all get worked out in the end?

I'd like to believe that.
I'd like to believe the Course in Miracles
has the correct view:

a) that nothing real can be threatened
b) nothing unreal exists

Therefore I do not exist, wait I got that wrong...

"Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God. (T-in.2)”

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

originally posted by: Aedaeum

It's all about personal experience, not "proof" or "evidence" in the materialistic sense. If you believe great, if you don't, great. It will all be worked out in the end regardless of our collective ignorance.

our collective ignorance is huge... it is as big
as the whole universe... and getting bigger.

the Eastern guru's all taught reincarnation...
this was the ubiquitous ancient teaching
until the Christian era, then the collective
ignorance become not knowing what had
always be taken for granted. These Mono
Theist then called everyone else ignorant
in an era now known as the Dark Age.

Does it all get worked out in the end?

I'd like to believe that.
I'd like to believe the Course in Miracles
has the correct view:

a) that nothing real can be threatened
b) nothing unreal exists

Therefore I do not exist, wait I got that wrong...

"Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God. (T-in.2)”

only god knows god exists

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04
The code is bad for you, m'kay?

"Deny ignorance" is the motto or slogan for ATS if I didn't see that wrong years ago.

Not...

The Code has a tendency to be extended or spread as an infection to other subjects, even facts/certainties that are very simple or easy to discover, learn, acknowledge or be aware of.
For lack of being able to find the scene where the kid is hanging from the ceiling being tortured with a Dr. Pepper-hose and the youth counselor asking "What's going on here?" And the kid answering, "We don't know, we can't possibly know"...

The Greatest unanswered Question of all time, What is Truth?, page 2
What is knowledge?, page 3
What is wisdom, insight, understanding, knowledge, intelligence or being intelligent and the relationship between these concepts or words

The last comment should also include additional information about what and who Paul was talking about when he used the phrase:

"always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth". (2 Timothy 3:7)

If it doesn't, it's in one of the comments that follow in the same thread.
edit on 4-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Just remember that the verb "acknowledge" is the antonym of "deny" (carrying the opposite meaning).

You can see examples of well established facts being denied in the threads I linked almost as if some people are in "Deny everything"-mode on ATS, even regarding the most basic facts/realities/certainties. Of course that denial is mainly focussed on the argument that these things are not certain/absolute( the other synonyms often aren't mentioned then: factual/correct, without error/true/conclusive; cause they don't want to leave the impression that they are either denying the existence of things that are factual/absolute/certain/true alltogether or just our ability to learn, discover or be aware of any of those facts/certainties/truths). I think you do need to see that commentary for details to understand what I'm talking about and how the Blackadder video relates to this and the concept of acknowledging facts/realities/truths to be certain/true/absolute and not relative or subjective. Which would be a a misuse of language, it's also a logical contradiction to apply the word "relative" or "subjective" in that manner. Those who use that term are often actually talking about the subjective beliefs that people have about something being true according to their opinion/belief or reasoning. If that reasoning or opinion/belief is false/incorrect/erronuous, the word "truth" really doesn't apply in that situation in the manner it is used. See quotations from the article about Pontius Pilate in those threads and the use of the term "relative" (the term "subjective" is also a popular one in these discussions).

Google dictionary for "acknowledge" (between brackets is my synonym reminder):

1. accept or admit the existence or truth[/certainty] of.

edit on 4-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I will prove to you God exists. God is just a word. No one denies the existence of the word God. What the word God means is defined by every meaningful sentence ever used containing the word. God doesn't have to exist out there the same way you and I experience an apple. God exists in our use of language. The word of God is where God exists.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Psalm 32:9

9 Do not become like a horse or a mule, without understanding,

Whose spiritedness must be controlled with a bridle or a halter

Before it will come near to you.”

top topics

<< 1   >>

join