It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peeping toms in uypstate NY

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Ok I seriously just had chills run thru my body and they still are as I type this. The OP photo I brought my laptop up close so I could see it and I could make it out in the middle.

Now your photo is where I seriously get even more spooked. Look at it very closely! Maybe my eyes are playing tricks now but I see more than one! I see a lot! At least 3-4 more. I'm gonna see if I can point them out myself.

I looked and looked but could not see any others...but the photo itself seems to create some kind of strange optical illusion, almost as if it is moving or shifting. I really hope you can isolate the images...I want to see!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
double
edit on 4-10-2015 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Ok I seriously just had chills run thru my body and they still are as I type this. The OP photo I brought my laptop up close so I could see it and I could make it out in the middle.

Now your photo is where I seriously get even more spooked. Look at it very closely! Maybe my eyes are playing tricks now but I see more than one! I see a lot! At least 3-4 more. I'm gonna see if I can point them out myself.

I looked and looked but could not see any others...but the photo itself seems to create some kind of strange optical illusion, almost as if it is moving or shifting. I really hope you can isolate the images...I want to see!

Well I've been playing around but any time I would zoom it in I would lose what I saw. So luckily for me I believe it was my eyes playin tricks on me lol. But I still see the main one in the middle still.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Ok, well thank you for trying. I was starting to feel like I was studying one of those pictures that you can only see if you unfocus your vision, trying to see if there were more creature things in there, and I swear I was going crosseyed!

edit on 31052America/ChicagoSun, 04 Oct 2015 02:05:59 -050031am31276America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I finally found Wally!

Seriously, the two dots are different sizes and incorrectly positioned for it to actually be anything like a face.

It is just paredolia.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You have something 'peeking' in your windows and you grab a CAMERA?

Sorry, but my shotgun would have been my choice of accessory.

That part throws me off of your story. In your shock and rush to see what it was you didn't forget your camera?

ETA: This whole part.

So I ran to my room downstairs where my windows are ground level. I went over to the window and whipped the curtain and window open and saw a out line of something but nothing really, I snapped a picture and locked everything up.

I took a quick look at the pictures but was more focused on the outside.

edit on 10 4 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Can somone like... circle what we are supposed to be seeing? Because all I am seeing is a horribly overexposed photo of absolutely nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Well I downloaded your image, camera phone I take it no exif data after download dropped it into lightroom

here is the enhanced image.

It's always better to deal with the actual image file but being dowloaded causes problems, its the camera sensor struggling with the light levels plus being a jpeg our brains which are wired to identify faces do the rest.

To show you the problems when working and saving digital images below is an image of a black dot zoomed in and saved as a jpeg you can see the pixels and also it's no longer all black.

When your phone processes the image it's saved as a jpeg which is a lossy format, some app's and phones now have the option of saving a RAW image ie all the data from the sensor which gives more data to work from.

For example my camera is 16MP if I save images as raw they are 16 MB in size if I save jpeg they are about 3-4 MB average.

The main problem with phone cameras is the small senor which struggle in low light an example below.

You can see even with an entry level DSLR at a higher iso setting produces better images than a camera with a smaller sensor.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That part throws me off of your story. In your shock and rush to see what it was you didn't forget your camera?

Well, that's a refreshing change of pace. Usually, people express incredulity over the person not magically having a camera ready to go just in case of situations like this. Although, I have to agree with you on the shotgun part. If I actually could muster the fortitude to look out the window, I'd have been booking it to the gun cabinet too.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: stosh64

Well, that's a refreshing change of pace. Usually, people express incredulity over the person not magically having a camera ready to go just in case of situations like this. Although, I have to agree with you on the shotgun part. If I actually could muster the fortitude to look out the window, I'd have been booking it to the gun cabinet too.

Thanks for the

Your reply made my day

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
it looks like a cats head. a cougar.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I tried adjusting the contrast:

And this is more or less what I saw:

I have a good imagination I'm pretty sure it's just pareidolia.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Definitely a face in there. I can see eyes, nose and mouth well. The eyes seem different in size though.

^Nice Drawing Above^
edit on 4-10-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: zyrktec
it looks like a cats head. a cougar.

That's Interesting. When I zoomed in on my iPad I "saw" a big cats head. (As in NOT a house cat)
I read this last night soon after it was posted and for some reason intrigues me more than most.
Of course I'm in the same boat as tigertatzen. I refuse to look out windows at night. Mainly because I DID see someone looking back at me through the window above the sink. I'm going a bit off topic but I would like to tell my near heart attack story.
When I lived in Colorado in Junior High we had built a house in a new neighborhood in Littleton on County Line road which in 1980 was as far south civilization reached. As was the style at the time there was nearly more window space as there was brick.
I went downstairs to get a drink and was at the kitchen sink where there was a window just above the sink. I had the lights on and was filling my glass and just looked up at my reflection in the glass.
Only it wasn't my reflection looking back at me.
It was a man, a very dirty looking man with a beard not an inch away from the window.

I'm sure if I was able to, I would have screamed like a little girl. Unfortunately no sound would come out.
As soon as eye contact was made he turned and ran. As did I. In record time I might add into my bedroom closet where I remained till morning.
I told my parents of course but they didn't really believe me.
So I am in my mid 40's now and can tell you I am somewhat of an authority on drapes, shutters, floodlights, automatically activated curtains. You get the idea.
edit on 4-10-2015 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Definitely a face in there. I can see eyes, nose and mouth well. The eyes seem different in size though.

^Nice Drawing Above^

Definitely what looks like a face but all it is,is sensor noise and jpeg atifacts your brain does the rest.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

ill let you guys find the rest

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

i dont know what to do im afraid to go to my room and sleep, i know its hard to understand why i would be bugged out but i saw all this with my own eyes.

i wish there was some one that could tell me what or who it is and if i have anything to worry about and should i try communicating.

i sent these and a few other pics and my story and questions to some of the big ufo researchers and i have yet to hear back

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
and if i have anything to worry about

You have nothing to worry about, just ignore it.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You don't have to worry there is nothing there, here is a crop from your first picture zoomed in with contrast & brightness adjusted.

You can see the square blocks that your picture is made up from, camera phones can't deal well with very low light levels in the dark areas of your picture you can see that above. Our brains are hard wired to look for faces look at the link.

Objects with Faces

If you had taken that picture with a better quality camera the dark area would be more uniform ie not blocks of different colour.

Here to show you what I mean this is a crop from an opening ceremony I attended out doors at night this crop is from the crowd in the background look how the dark area is uniform not blotches of different colour.

edit on 7-10-2015 by wmd_2008 because: pic added

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Wow, I admit, I see people prone to jump at shapes in pictures as ridiculous, and I saw nothing in your first picture.

Then you pulled out the second! Creepy! Looks like the same face again. Someone please enhance that one!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join