It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between a FIREARM and a WEAPON

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
The concept of a gun is to kill...

No, the concept of a firearm is to propel a projectile down the barrel at great velocity.

What it is pointed at is entirely up to the owner.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

So does a car into a crowd of people at a market...the difference is anything can be a weapon. Quick, spontaneous, potential for killing a large number of people instantly. But youre referring to items created as weapons made for the expressed purpose of killing people. I get that.

Cars werent created as one..but a weapon still. As in the crock-pot murder. Or the pressure-cooker bomb in Boston.

I think it can be interpreted this way: I carry for defense, not offense. I really and truly, morally and spiritually...pray and hope I spend my entire remaining years on Earth to never, ever, ever...having to draw it on anyone.

I believe most carriers feel this way*. But, if it's them or me? It will end up being me.

*PS: My wife carries a specifically designed-for "weapon". Pepper-spray. Created as a weapon of defense, and not to spray on her tacos....

Thanks for the reply! Best, MS

edit on 4-10-2015 by mysterioustranger because: splckr

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I have guns to defend myself.

While I have hunted, I am not a hunter.

While I have competed in IDPA and USPSA matches once or twice, I am not a competitor.

I am a soldier. I view firearms from the perspective of a soldier. They provide security to me from criminals and government goons.

My firearms are for combat and I train with them as such. I have no illusions about what my firearms are for and make no such comparisons to other objects, as you very well know.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join