It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What this woman says sends a chill down my bone

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I see what you mean. I think at that point you have to hope that by the time "they" take the majority they no longer see themselves as "they" and start seeing everyone as "us". Then they too will understand the importance of not having such group orientation.

The only way to be a melting pot and be successful is to be a melting pot. You can't melt together and stay apart at the same time. Which is another lie we have embraced here. We say we're equal but we don't act like it. We say we are all one, but we don't act like it. Truth is we may not be ready for it, not all of us anyway. But some of us are. But it takes understanding and acceptance and above all education.

We have to remove fear of "those people" who are different somehow.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

They were fine with Christmas being a national (paid) holiday because Christians were the majority, and so instilled in the culture that many even forgot it was a Christian holiday.

Like with the veil thing, they had to also outlaw wearing crosses on jewelry in common public areas as well. Strict application of secularism becomes a bit complicated when you have to suddenly face your own hypocrisy you had become blind to.

As long as the students get Christmas, and Easter off, then you're obligated to do the same for other religions. This makes everyone stop and go um... wait.

When they become a majority vote, it becomes more complicated than one assumes at first glance. Especially in a democracy.

I always like seeing people from different countries than this one weigh in, because there are so many different perspectives on things. You make a very valid point here. Particularly about the Democracy angle. If everyone would stop trying to keep score with every little issue, and really look at it from a humanity standpoint versus treating it like some ridiculous popularity contest, this world would be a whole lot better off. The saddest thing to me in this case is that the children are going to end up suffering for the pettiness of the parents, and that is a true travesty.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I see what you mean. I think at that point you have to hope that by the time "they" take the majority they no longer see themselves as "they" and start seeing everyone as "us". Then they too will understand the importance of not having such group orientation.

The only way to be a melting pot and be successful is to be a melting pot. You can't melt together and stay apart at the same time. Which is another lie we have embraced here. We say we're equal but we don't act like it. We say we are all one, but we don't act like it. Truth is we may not be ready for it, not all of us anyway. But some of us are. But it takes understanding and acceptance and above all education.

We have to remove fear of "those people" who are different somehow.

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding!! Spot on. If you keep this up, I'm gonna start thinking we were separated at birth or something

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I happen to agree very strongly with this. The whole point of the school systems having "winter break" rather than christmas and other religious holidays is that it gives everyone time with their families during their religious gatherings and rituals without giving special treatment to anyone.

In this theory, then, we can call Ramadan vacation something else, and give it to everyone. That's a nice idea. Do it for each religion, just change what it is called and give everyone a paid vacation!
I kind wonder though, how much time each year we'd actually be working then... and with the cut down in productivity, how would we be able to pay for all that down time?

When my daughter was going to school, I always packed her lunch because the swill they served was not up to my standards for what I wanted my child to ingest. Yes, it was a pain in the ass, but it would have been silly for me to insist that special items be provided simply because I did not like what they were offering in the cafeteria. If people don't like what is being served, then they need to bring their meals with them.

I'm of this thought too. Unfortunately, meals are seen as a highly social bonding ritual in this country- even the children eat in courses served separately and eat the same thing, as part of creating a sense of solidarity, even between those that have different backgrounds and social status. They abhor the idea that one kid might have barely nothing to eat and another have way too much... that this would bring into focus their differences, provoking things like resentment and jealousy. They prefer that in common public areas, the differences be less prominent. Kids are not allowed to bring a sac lunch. Either the parents come get them and take them home to eat, or they eat the school lunch.
Perhaps the US, being more focused on individualism and competition will not have that particular problem.

And how do you handle a spoiled, bratty child who demands special treatment? You tell them, too bad. Period. And if you have more than one spoiled, bratty child, you tell all of them, too bad. Period. Giving in to things like that is only going to invite more and more unreasonable demands.

Who is the parent in this metaphor though? The majority group? The minority is the child?
What happens when the majority is the muslims? Then the non-muslims become the children... and the "parents" gain the right to judge them bratty children who should conform, obey and shut up.
edit on 4-10-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Children are the most important ones too. They are the ones who need to be blind to the differences in each other the most. Because when they grow up if they still see it as "us vs them" it will keep going like this.

That's why I think mixed race couples are a good thing. Not better or worse than anyone else, but good in the sense that as we mix ourselves we not only get evolutionary benefits but as a culture we become biologically more similar to each other. Over time and with each generation our selection promotes all of our best features and one day we'll all be mutts.

Then we'll have to find some aliens to kill to find "them".

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Regardless of what minority they are public schools don't have religious holidays

Yes, you are correct, and it has been that way for a while now. As it should be.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

a reply to: JDmOKI

Regardless of what minority they are public schools don't have religious holidays

Yes, you are correct, and it has been that way for a while now. As it should be.

Ah! I am out of touch then! No more Christmas and Easter holidays?? That is a big change then, it will help avoid the problems we're facing here. Has the traditional ways of celebrating those holidays changed radically in accordance? Do kids open their presents when they get home from school? Or find easter baskets waiting for them at that moment?
edit on 4-10-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Exactly.
My daughter told me that she is so frightened of my grandson growing up with hatred and intolerance in his heart that she is seriously considering home-schooling him (she herself is mixed-race). And I have to say that I support that, because it is a nest of snakes out there, with no end in sight. Children don't come into this world with prejudice...they are taught that. And it seems as if parents cannot comprehend that, nor the impact that what they say and do is going to have on the future of this world via their kids' generation...or worse; they know full well what they're doing but have so much hate in their hearts that they simply do not care.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I personally think it's ominous, however I am biased from my experiences. For me it always goes back to the war we have with extremism, and the religion that spawns extremism faster then bunnies can procreate, if I had been there I probably would of stood up and asked her what the hell she means by that, but that's just me.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

LOL so let me get this straight. Random women says something and her body language reveals a global plot to take over America? Do you know how many random videos would we could toss up with people who out claim to be taking over America? What is sad is that is plays exactly into the hands of what terrorists want. Paranoia and small minded bigotry that isolates ordinary people and drives then to their cause. It is frankly embarrassing that people play into their hands. I guess they would not use it if it did not work. Still you like to think better of people. So please stop doing their work for them.

If I could give you a hundred stars for that, I would. Where is the "like" button on this thing?!?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Sremmos80

No no my friend. You are mistaken and I'll tell you why. She says "we are no longer a minority" then says "we will be the majority soon" Those are two statements for two different subjects. If they are no longer a minority (school board) then they are already the majority. So then there would be no need to repeat "we will be the majority soon"

Just my tuppence worth, but it looks to me she's referring to the school board and nothing more. As in their numbers are no longer small, and soon they will the majority (on the board). To assert otherwise when it's clearly subjective is quite frankly scaremongering.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Ah! I am out of touch then! No more Christmas and Easter holidays?? That is a big change then, it will help avoid the problems we're facing here. Has the traditional ways of celebrating those holidays changed radically in accordance? Do kids open their presents when they get home from school? Or find easter baskets waiting for them at that moment?

I am not certain if it is that way across the entire US, but it is like that across the South, for sure and has been for a long time. What they do is, they designate a long stretch of vacation (I believe it is two weeks, maybe a little longer) during the time that the winter religious holidays occur, and they simply call it Winter Break. That way, no one is left out and everyone gets time off with their families. Then, the rest of the year, if there is a religious holiday the students are allowed to stay out of school as an excused absence for the duration of the holiday.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

Right. I mean a big clue to the fact that she's not here to take over America for Muslim Rule is the fact that she's here. She left where she was to come here most likely because where she was sucked and she heard America is the Land of the Free and believed it.

Which is why it's not about offending anyone and saying Your Religion is No Good Here. It's more like, nothing personal against you but no religion is good here.

With the hope that one day in the future if and when the Religious can get along without dominating each other maybe then we can all sit down and talk about our Religions together or something. We can all have a big ChristmaHanniQuaza Day. With a Tree with an African Tribal Guy on top and some Yule logs or something under it and play Mormon Music and have Catholic Candy and Buddhist robes on while we discuss Taoism and what it's like to be a Hindu. Something like that. But until then, everyone has to go to their corner and play nice.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Look, I'm not going to get into petty arguments about the definition of ethnic as it has no relevance to my thread. But when someone asks you what ethnicity you are, you don't respond Muslim. You respond with your ancestral birth nation. What you said there was not correct at all.

You are generalizing and speaking for everyone, which you have no right to do. If someone asks me what ethnicity I am, I don't respond with my "ancestral birth nation", because I am of mixed ethnicity and my ancestry is not from one nation. Ditto my daughter, and the vast majority of people I know, including everyone in my family. It simply does not work that way. People are not cookie cutters, no matter how much you might wish that they were.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Then, the rest of the year, if there is a religious holiday the students are allowed to stay out of school as an excused absence for the duration of the holiday.

Do their parents get those same holidays off so the kids are not without caretakers at home? And is it paid, so they don't suffer a financial loss because of their religion?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

o

eta: I have to say what it is, too many are missing it. At 35 seconds a woman says "We are not the minority here by the turn out, and soon we will all be the majority"

Diversity is a form of subversion, a cultural weapon intended to destroy national purpose and national identity. Diversity means fewer whites.

There is no talk of diversity in black, Asian, Islamic or jewists countries and organisations, think about it.

Diversity sounds very spiritually uplifting, humane and 'come together.'

The word richness always goes along with the word diversity

The phrase 'cultural richness and diversity' is always hailed as a good thing when in reality it’s just a very smart and clever planned use of words to achieve a desired outcome which only those who devised the term knew the true purpose of.

A professor Emily Goldstein stated this in an article entitled “Yes Diversity Is About Getting Rid Of White People (And That’s A Good Thing.) which can now only be found the website “The Way Back Machine” because it’s been deleted from the net.

Diveristy helps destroy national identity and national pride. A nation of bitzs' believes in nothing and will fight for nothing making them easy to take over through the use of a variety of silent weapons such as immigration, cultural diverity, dipomatic, financial, legislative and legal weapons.

There is one very small but very powerful middle eastern country that advocates muticulturalism for all other countries but they will have nothing to do with it themselves.

A nation with a strong sense of who they are and what they stand for will put up much more of a fight aginst the various forms ot take over than a nation made of bitza this and bitza that from here there and everwhere.
edit on 4-10-2015 by Azureblue because: z

edit on 4-10-2015 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Who is the parent in this metaphor though? The majority group? The minority is the child?
What happens when the majority is the muslims? Then the non-muslims become the children... and the "parents" gain the right to judge them bratty children who should conform, obey and shut up.

Those are excellent questions, and I am sorry, but I have no easy answer to them. A number of years ago, I would have said the parent is the government. Unfortunately currently, the government is the bratty child, encouraging all of the other bratty children to bicker and fight. I think that it was a very good move to take away the religious holidays and if the people who make those decisions solidly stick to them, without exception...regardless of who the minority or majority may be at a given time, the problem will solve itself. Simply put, if you stick to your principles with all of the bratty children, and give no leeway to any of them, eventually they will realize on their own that it is a waste of their time to continue throwing tantrums.

I did not miss the obvious emotional manipulation at work here by the people shown in the video...the tears, the boy talking about unfair treatment, the man chiming in about the Jewish holidays...but none of that affects my view on this at all. As you pointed out, the majority and minority is going to fluctuate as population increases, as more children of mixed descent are born, etc. That is why it is important to keep everyone under the same umbrella and not give any particular group special treatment, regardless of their number.

What these people are demanding is unreasonable, and even so, I understand that it is a form of lashing out because Muslims--even American-born citizens--have been and are still being singled out simply because of their religious beliefs. And it is our government that allows things like that to happen. I have witnessed unbelievable cruelty from people toward members of the Muslim community, toward people whom I personally know and trust, for no other reason than the fact that they are Muslim. It doesn't matter that they were born here, or that their parents and grandparents were born here. It doesn't matter that they live peaceful lives and are productive, contributing members of society. It doesn't matter that they are physicians who save non-Muslim lives day after day, or soldiers in our military fighting for a country that blindly despises them. And it disgusts me beyond words. We are supposed to be better than that. We used to be better than that.

However, as much as I hate seeing people blamed and persecuted for something that has absolutely nothing to do with them, I don't have a lot of respect for those who try to use that as leverage to get what they want. And that is true of anyone, of any religion, any race, any skin color. Manipulation is manipulation, and it should not be tolerated. Just like the OP was using manipulation to promote fear and hatred, and to get us all fighting with each other. It is wrong, period. This is 2015. And yet we still cannot seem to get our sh!t together. I applaud the board members for stolidly sticking to their guns on this issue, and I hope they do not waver. The madness needs to stop, because it will be the end of us. All of us. No one should be treated any differently, in any way, than anyone else. It is the only way to truly be fair and impartial.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Sorry but many in this thread are scared over 5% of the populace?. What a bunch of wets.
No matter what she said 5% is no where near a majority but you all keep on fearing 5%, I know get more guns and you will feel safer.
As for the holiday...Tough suck it up the school has already said If their child doesn't come in nowt will happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Sorry but many in this thread are scared over 5% of the populace?. What a bunch of wets.
No matter what she said 5% is no where near a majority but you all keep on fearing 5%, I know get more guns and you will feel safer.
As for the holiday...Tough suck it up the school has already said If their child doesn't come in nowt will happen.

You're probably right. What is happening in Europe probably won't happen in the US, for many reasons. One of them being simple the lack of proximity to the countries of origin.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Happening in europe? it is the same about 5% and many are blowing out of proportion.
I'm not afraid that 5% will magically become the majority....
Nothing more then xenophobia.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join