It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What this woman says sends a chill down my bone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I was paraphrasing.

Actually, I don't think you were. I think you deliberately misquoted her to get attention, because people were not "getting it", as you yourself pointed out. You know why they weren't? Because they weren't reading anything into it. They saw exactly what happened: a fraction of a meeting in which a sensitive issue was being discussed and people were getting heated and emotional, as is commonplace during events like that. Post the entire meeting, from start to finish, without bias or prejudice, without hyperbole and misquotes, and then we can make an informed assessment of it. Otherwise, you're doing nothing but baiting and making wild assumptions.

Ethnicity isn't the issue. This was a Muslim holiday/school board thing. The majority she is referring to is a Muslim majority, not an ethnic one. That's the chilly part.

Perhaps you should invest in a dictionary. Muslims are an ethnic group. They share a common cultural background and a common religion. And yes, she was referring to a Muslim majority...at the school board meetings.

My gripe isn't focused on the board meeting, it was the candid comment that caught my attention. So, I haven't cherry picked anything.

I didn't say that you cherry-picked anything. There you go misquoting again, tsk tsk. I said the portion of the school board meeting that was filmed was cherry-picked. And it was, for reasons that you are highlighting quite nicely with all of your exaggerations.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
pretty soon there wont be school
it will just be holidays for all the different peoples that live here.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

That is your interpretation. Not anything based in fact. You couldn't even get your quote right, so that speaks volumes about the veracity of your assertions

My interpretation of one's intentions via body language is an objective skill, not a subjective one. While I can not prove intuitive feelings to someone who may lack the ability to recognize specific social ques, I can assure that body language, tonality and all other non-verbal communication are indeed real and any analysis of these actions can indeed be considered fact. My subsequent comment in which I have already explained to you, was paraphrasing and should in no way be construed as "proof" of any of your own interpretations.

Her facial expression reflected anger, same as it does on any angry face. I don't know if you've ever attended a school board or city council meeting, but they get pretty heated.

Her facial expression is certainly not one of anger but a smile or smirk. And it is with this incorrect interpretation of body language that speaks to the veracity of your assumptions.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Actually, I don't think you were. I think you deliberately misquoted her to get attention, because people were not "getting it"

No, I quoted her directly to the point she was trying to make. In my words. Hence "Paraphrasing".

They saw exactly what happened: a fraction of a meeting in which a sensitive issue was being discussed and people were getting heated and emotional, as is commonplace during events like that. Post the entire meeting, from start to finish, without bias or prejudice, without hyperbole and misquotes, and then we can make an informed assessment of it. Otherwise, you're doing nothing but baiting and making wild assumptions.

What are you going on about? I posted a news clip I watched when something a Muslim woman said caught my attention. I don't have the original copy. I don't have the unedited version. I'm not the journalist. So what is the point in going on about providing the whole video about the meeting? the OP isn't even about the meeting. (scratches head)

Perhaps you should invest in a dictionary. Muslims are an ethnic group. They share a common cultural background and a common religion. And yes, she was referring to a Muslim majority...at the school board meetings.

I'm sorry, the definition of ethnicity is NOT sharing the same religion, it's sharing the same ancestry. And you're telling me to get a dictionary? Here, I'll save you the trouble.

An ethnic group or ethnicity is a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience.

My god lady, settle down. You want to argue so bad you're becoming unraveled. A Chinese Muslim does not share the same ethnicity as an African Muslim. Can't believe I have to explain that to you.

edit on 3-10-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I get that it's in vogue for minorities to stick together, but honestly, do you think these people would treat a transgender well? They would just as soon hang you.

What does being "in vogue" have to do with it? It is the way these meetings work. A group of people with a common complaint/issue petitions the board with their request. The Jewish parents had concerns specific to their religious holidays, just as the Muslims did, and I have no doubt that other ethnic groups were present too. But anyone who also felt that certain religious holidays should be observed could join the groups as well, regardless of their own ethnic and religious backgrounds.

I am Wiccan and have had Christians, Jews, Catholics and Atheists petitioning with my group because they supported our particular stance. It is our own country who makes these distinctions; instead of Americans simply being Americans who happen to practice different religions, we are all singled out and classified based on criteria that the government insists that we use. I have literally had a Census Bureau employee at my front door get so frustrated with me that she lost her temper, because she tried to force me to list my ethnicity according to my 25% Choctaw heritage, even though it is not what my birth certificate says and I refused to do so because I want the reparations and benefits to go to my people out there who actually need them. In the end, I won...but she really got nasty with me about it. Too bad for her, I got far nastier.

I am not sure what you meant by "these people", but if there were a religion specific to Transgender/Transsexual folks, they would also be allowed to speak about it at the school board meetings. However, as far as I am aware, there is no "Transgender" religion. Care to enlighten us on that? I don't think they hang people at school board meetings, no matter how much they might want to. That would be a good way to see the inside of a penitentiary, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Regardless of what minority they are public schools don't have religious holidays

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hm, the 'flavor' of school meetings has changed. We made 'suggestions' and didn't arrange 'confrontations'.
Can't remember people yelling at PTA or school meetings before. Oh well.
edit on 10/3/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm pretty sure she said "go to hell", if you are talking about the older lady in the scarf and glasses.

eta: n/m
edit on 10/3/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

No, I quoted her directly to the point she was trying to make. In my words. Hence "Paraphrasing".

You quoted her to the "point" that you wanted it to appear that she was trying to make. That is not "paraphrasing". That is deliberately misquoting a person based on your own assumptions and personal bias, for no other reason than fear-mongering and spreading ignorance.

What are you going on about? I posted a news clip I watched when something a Muslim woman said caught my attention. I don't have the original copy. I don't have the unedited version. I'm not the journalist. So what is the point in going on about providing the whole video about the meeting? the OP isn't even about the meeting. (scratches head)

No, it isn't, and thank you for admitting it. The OP is about setting the stage for a dramatic reveal...first you won't even say what it was that sent a chill down your "bone". Then, when that did not produce the reaction you had hoped for, you deliberately misquoted a woman to make it sound as if she were threatening someone. And when that did not glean the reaction you wanted, you proceeded to spout further exaggerations fueled by your obvious hatred and bias, effectively showcasing your manipulation of the facts to prove a point that simply is not valid.

I'm sorry, the definition of ethnicity is NOT sharing the same religion, it's sharing the same ancestry. And you're telling me to get a dictionary? Here, I'll save you the trouble.

Sharing ancestry is one of the considerations in determining ethnicity. Religion is another. Cultural background is yet another. Yes, I am suggesting that you invest in a dictionary.

ethnic
adjective eth·nic ˈeth-nik
: of or relating to races or large groups of people who have the same customs, religion, origin, etc.

: associated with or belonging to a particular race or group of people who have a culture that is different from the main culture of a country

My god lady, settle down. You want to argue so bad you're becoming unraveled. A Chinese Muslim does not share the same ethnicity as an African Muslim. Can't believe I have to explain that to you.

Au contraire...it is you who appears to be becoming "unraveled". You are the one getting bent out of shape because someone does not agree with you. And I think it's cute how you're attempting to play the innocent victim here...not surprising, but cute. And yes, a Chinese Muslim is part of the Islamic ethnicity by the very fact that they are Muslim. It is possible to belong to more than one ethnic group, and I can't believe I have to explain that to you.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Where is the ACLU comments condemning the thought of a religious holiday? Surely they sent a letter saying they'd sue the school if a motion for a religious holiday passed?!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Right, and the version of ethnicity I found in regards to religion is this:

belonging to or deriving from the cultural, religious, or linguistic traditions of a people or country:

Meaning of the same country. Are you reading that? Traditions of people or country. Not countries, not continents, not "other nations". Country, singular. Even at the bottom of your own quote:

associated with or belonging to a particular race or group of people who have a culture that is different from the main culture of a country

Do you even read what you post or do you lack in comprehensive skills? It says right bloody there in your own quote. I've bolded the 'important' words for you.

Then you say this:

Chinese Muslim is part of the Islamic ethnicity by the very fact that they are Muslim

Look, I'm not going to get into petty arguments about the definition of ethnic as it has no relevance to my thread. But when someone asks you what ethnicity you are, you don't respond Muslim. You respond with your ancestral birth nation. What you said there was not correct at all.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This thread is a clear example of how screwed up things have become. There is no common sense anymore. Just a bunch of people who can't grasp simple things and just want to argue for arguments sake AND because trendy liberal media says Islam is the only "religion" dems should stand up for.

Clearly, some serious shenanigans are going on. We know this when self proclaimed "wiccans" enter the argument (nothing more than feminist liberals). This group usually consists of overweight self-loathing and insecure female "feminists" who claim "nature" is the path to all things recently regarded as misunderstood "evil pagans" of whom really are just "non-judgemental LOVERS" of everything, and nature.
LOL.

@OP. I get what you are getting at with this thread, and so would anyone with an ounce of common sense! Apparently we have millions of "pagans" and atheists etc who would rather deny what is really happening and blindly embrace Islam instead. They keep defending it, in fact Islam is the only "religion" these libs keep defending, even tho they keep talking about how much they hate religion DAILY.

To me, it's obvious who they hate, and their hate is very STRONG.

edit on 3-10-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Give the muslim their religious holiday. Anything else is bigotry!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Wookiep

Give the muslim their religious holiday. Anything else is bigotry!

Yeah it's super stupid, but NVM. Not even going to bother.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I'm glad it scares you what this woman said. Keep that feeling fresh in your mind and ask yourself again if you understand the importance of Separation of Church and State??

Do you know why some of us are always stressing about this being a Secular Nation that Protects Religion Equally but does not Favor any one over the other???

Now you know what it's like for the rest of the us when the Christian Majority starts pushing their weight around and wanting Christian Favor over everyone because they are the majority.

Are you ready for a secular nation now or do we have to wait until Sharia Law is honestly a possibility???

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

While im agree, im discussing this particular incident

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well lets put it this way. Sharia law would never in a million years ever be part of our sovereign nation(s)' law. As long as Muslims stay in the 2%. With that said, Europe's native birthrates have declined below the level required to sustain their economy while Muslim families have 5-10. Predictably, by 2030 the Muslims will be of the majority and far from that 2%.
Now, there's high probability that sharia law can wiggle its ugly worm head into the books of western law.

Solution? Time to start having babies. Lots of them.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just keep your kid home for your religious holiday. Have them bring in a note saying they were sick. Problem solved.

If school districts around the country started honoring every religious holiday, they would most likely have to cut back on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter breaks.

The school district should honor their religious holidays and give them excused absences. What's the big deal? Kids would just have to make up any work or tests they missed.

I swear, sometimes people who are in charge don't have any common sense.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Really? Well that lady will have her dreams come true if she votes for Ted Cruz and his father. After all, like her they would love a theocracy.

edit on 3-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Well lets put it this way. Sharia law would never in a million years ever be part of our sovereign nation(s)' law. As long as Muslims stay in the 2%. With that said, Europe's native birthrates have declined below the level required to sustain their economy while Muslim families have 5-10. Predictably, by 2030 the Muslims will be of the majority and far from that 2%.
Now, there's high probability that sharia law can wiggle its ugly worm head into the books of western law.

Solution? Time to start having babies. Lots of them.

Oh no!! It's not time to start out breeding one Religious group with another. We already have the solution and it's right there in the founding documents. Separation of Church and State. Secular Law. Equal Protections without Religious Authority. No need to out baby maker them or out brainwash them with some other Religious Dogma.

Holy Crap!!! I can't believe that was your answer. I'm as scared of you as you are of them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join