It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Sydney Australia By 15 year old Radicalized Iranian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Strict gun controls, like other laws, are only adhered to by LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.

Yeah, but the bullets are usually harder for crims to get there hands onto than the actual gun... Obviously, theirs nothing more useless than a gun with no bullets. Plus, anything else but some old stolen shotty is incredibly expensive and there for unattainable by most small time criminals.

Besides, if you think guns are easy to illegally obtain now, just imagine if we never passed those laws after the Port Arthur massacre... Guns would be just as easy to obtain than a bag of weed.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

My background is Greek. I'm born in Australia. Born and raised here. My parents are from Greece.

How do i start with this reply . Ok . I went to a high school here in SA that was roughly a third Greek Italian and Australian kids . Back then the Aussie kids played football the other groups Soccer . No big deal it was what it was . But upon entering the workforce , getting a car , a bit of cash , checking out the babes etc it was obvious that the Greek girls in particular were off limits to us skippies . Ten years later it was no longer an issue . What changed i am not sure , perhaps these girls said screw you i will do as i want . Fast forward a lot . Muslims in Australia . Will we see the kids 2 generations down the track adopting the same carefree way of life as the majority here do now . Time will tell . But why take the chance , there are a lot of persecuted Christians in the middle east , lets take them first .

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Self-protection is not sufficient justification for gun ownership.

Your leaders just told you that you are worthless. That your's and your families lives do not matter and they do not care if you die. How's that feel?

ETA : Let's expand on that idea. " Self-protection is not sufficient justification for gun ownership."
So, if you were guarding a shipment of diamonds, you could have a reason to own a weapon? Guarding a member of the Elite? A thing is more important than your life. THEY are worth protecting. Something they can make a profit from is more important than you or your family's safety.
Again, how's that feel?
edit on 3-10-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Just kill everyone that has spoken of radical ideas of killing....all of them. There is no help and nothing that will change them

That sounds like a pretty radical thought.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
www.dailymail.co.uk...

A little more info above .

The teenage gunman was allegedly seen pacing backwards and forwards outside the front of the police headquarters after Mr Cheng was killed, shouting ‘Allah! Allah!’ as he waved his weapon in the air.

Obama would term this shooting as being workplace violence. The perp shouting 'Allah Allah' is the tip off.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Your leaders just told you that you are worthless. That your's and your families lives do not matter and they do not care if you die. How's that feel?

Yes lets expand on that idea .

As i understand it being a sporting shooter will get you a licence . That covers a lot of people .

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

That's exactly what I'm saying. Targeting shooting is a valid reason, protecting your family is not. And even though you can get a weapon with the target shooting excuse and have it for protection, the very fact that protecting your family is not good enough reason by itself to own a weapon, pretty much proves my point.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Just probably a different mentality dude, I think.

A lot of American families don't feel safe unless they have a cocked and locked firearm within arms reach at night. But most Australian families feel secure and safe and night, just so long as someone remembered to lock the back door.

Who knows which one of us are just brainwashed by government propaganda? It'd be just speculation to say either way.

At the end of the day though, its just different mentalities, I suppose...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
G,day people
im pretty crook so i will keep this short
the kid used a wheel gun
dont know the cal.
oorroo

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I posed this yesterday when it was first breaking on ATS. I was accused of trolling because I said the newspaper referred to shooter as middle eastern and because I said it was probably religion. It would seem I was extremely intuitive rather than trolling. I think an apology is due from the person in question (you know who you are!).

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pronto
the kid used a wheel gun
dont know the cal.
oorroo

Probably an old and stolen revolver, right?

That's what most Americans don't seem to understand, even though admittedly, stolen guns will be circulating amoung criminals for years to come, no matter what you do. The quicker you cut off the head of the beast at the source, the less likely crims will be able to get onto them.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Religion of Peace once again at work.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Not going to really help those victims of crimes before the illegal guns run there Course though.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Not going to really help those victims of crimes before the illegal guns run there Course though.

True... But then again it doesn't exactly benefit victims of crime, when there is a constant 'current' flow of easily obtainable stolen fire arms, within society.

It'll never be perfect, but the sooner they get some control over the situation, the better. As far as victims of gun violence are concerned.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That is exactly what I was thinking too, if guns are banned in Australia how come "terrorist" have access to them, is not like Australia have borders that makes arm trafficking easier, right?

Interesting . . .

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: shooterbrody

That is exactly what I was thinking too, if guns are banned in Australia how come "terrorist" have access to them, is not like Australia have borders that makes arm trafficking easier, right?

Interesting . . .

Well, your clearly not all that interested to know the reality of the situation, else you would have just done a google search and researched it yourself.

But anyway... the majority of illegal firearms were stolen, from before the strict restrictions came about. Also, a lot are stolen from the army... Then theirs also home made firearms.

Either way, the number of illegal firearms in circulation is incredibly low, compared to the US.

Strict restrictions obviously aren't perfect, but it does make a huge difference to how safe our streets are. The evidence is undeniable, if you take the time to research the stats.

Peace.
edit on 3-10-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You know a lot of talk goes around about thought police, and this would literally be it.

I understand your point, and don't necessarily disagree with it in principle.

But when you say that do you mean just people from other nations or in the US too?

Who cares.....it will never stop as long as religion is around.

Agreed, I don't want every one to be an atheist, but lets all stop acting like we know who or what this benevolent being is.

All countries/nations. It has been proven time and time again that if you leave one in place they will radicalize the rest.

Unless all religions can accept all other religions as equally important without putting them down, there will always be radicals.

I have often thought of how the world would be without religion.....I think it would be a much better place. The entire purpose of religion, and politics for that matter, is control. If anyone can say otherwise then please present an intelligent argument to the point.....I am happy to debate.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Soo how easy is to steal weapons from the army in your country like you said.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

How would I know? You'd have to ask someone actually in the Army, I suppose.

But I'd imagine it'd be just as easy as "your country", unless every soldier gets there bag searched before there allowed to leave the base.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sucellus

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Who decides what the radical thought is?

Who cares.....it will never stop as long as religion is around.

Stalin pol pot Mao "...it will never stop while atheists are around

And of course it had nothing to do with communism....??

And these Communisms were atheistic by their nature
Atheist religious. The problem is the people not the system, I think communism could work well if it wasn't for the people who controlled it.
I think religion can work if it was run by good people, same as atheism

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join