It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Sydney Australia By 15 year old Radicalized Iranian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The victim sounds like a real pillar of our community. Very sad.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: dreamingawake

And there shootings compared to ours?

People that are for gun control are not saying that it will end crime or killings, that is just a red herring people like to create against it.

Their population compared to ours? Their crime and who they boarder(ie Mexico) compared to ours? Apples to oranges comparison.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I agree there is differences there, but they had the senseless shootings like we did until they did something about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: maxrockerfella

I think one way to stop people from supporting radical Islam would be to shoot them. They start up killing people, just shoot them. This isn't rocket science. Automatic death penalty. They should be free to say any stupid thing they want to say, but the second they start doing something, make it a bounty and reward on their sad, murderous ass.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The USA murder rate in 2013 was 4.5 per victims 100,000 . The murder rate in Australia in 2013 was 1.9 victims per 100,000 . Death by gun in Australia was .11 per 100,000 in 2013 , while America sat at 3.55 per 100,000 .

en.wikipedia.org...

There is a comparison taking into consideration population .

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: [post=19881657]maxrockerfella[/post

I thought pistols were almost impossible to get over there.

Guns are not hard to get, I spoke with an Aussie and he said it was more about automatic weapons and where you shoot, not getting a license or a gun

Obama lied

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

It'd be interesting if you removed stats from New York, Chicago, Baltimore, L.A. from the total, what it would be.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Who decides what the radical thought is?

Who cares.....it will never stop as long as religion is around.

Stalin pol pot Mao "...it will never stop while atheists are around

It is your type of radical thought that causes this violence, you embarace atheism by acting like a fundamentalist
Wake up to your own radical thought, you are no better than those you hate

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: [post=19881657]maxrockerfella[/post

Guns are not hard to get, I spoke with an Aussie and he said it was more about automatic weapons and where you shoot, not getting a license or a gun

Obama lied

Actually its AUtomatic,semi automatic and pump in Australia that ar ebanned.

ENgland has all but made gun ownership impossible in its own country though. handguns are now on the ban list to all but a few select citizens. With all th eregulations they had shootings with registered weapons within th epast 10 yrs.
Still the amount is different because there never were alot of guns in england to begin with.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It typically takes up to 8 months here in South Australia to actually get your hands on a legally acquired gun . New laws being proposed at the moment , sorry i cant link .

EVERY former and current bikie gang member in South Australia and criminals convicted of a range of offences will be banned from owning guns under new legislation that declares firearm ownership to be “a privilege, not a right”

And under the fit and proper persons test, any person convicted from July 1 of a drug offence or an offence involving violence will also be banned from owning a gun for a period of five years.

Under the new Act, every licence holder will have to show a genuine reason for owning a firearm under 12 “authorised purpose’’ categories. Self-protection is not sufficient justification for gun ownership.

People unlawfully in possession of a loaded firearm could face a fine of $75,000 or 15 years in jail.

"We are not the United States of America. There is no right to bear arms in this state."

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It'd also be interesting if you removed Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide from Australia's total. I'm guessing we'd have a damn near zero gun murder rate per 100,000. But the murder rate per 100,000 would still be fairly high if you removed the biggest major cities from the US stats.

But anyway, it doesn't work like that... L.A, Baltimore and Chicago are in fact US cities. So you got to own those stats.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, guess you're right. We do own it.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I don't think gun control can be the entire solution, if you want to kill you can kill. He could have walked up behind the officer and stabbed him just as easily or used a car or explosives. We already have significant gun control of course so it's a moot point. The real problem is people who want to kill.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

www.theguardian.com...

A link by state above .

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Well then line of thought there is it is just the thugs in those cities that boost our numbers. We are always going to have the general street violence. I for one think that when you flood the nation with upwards of 300 milions guns, it is easy for those people to get thier hands on one.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

No link.... was it rifle or pistol?

LOL impossible to get?
Dude you can get military grade assault rifles on the black market if you have the money.
Pistols? Pistols are everywhere.

Hell man if you wanted an Uzi you could get one.
They've busted biker gangs here with rpgs.
They've busted people making machine guns.

Did you know that the Australian government has absolutely no freaking idea how many illegal guns there are?

This was another terrorist attack.
There will be more.
This stuff happening in Australia really shows these people for what they are.
Australia is not America. Australia has not killed their people, it has not "accidently' bombed weddings in Aghanistan or hospitals in Iraq.
Australia has opened it's doors to these people, welcomed them in, helped them settle in and start a new life.
Many of these immigrants and refugees receive far more benefits from the government then Australian citizens who are born and bred here. They get more benefits then our pensioners who built this country.

And they turn around and do this to Australia?

Ungrateful rats.

And then people wonder why the government wants to bring first and foremost CHRISTIANS and other NON-MUSLIM refugees from Syria, before even thinking about taking in any more Arab Muslims.

Deport them and their kids back to where they came from. Who cares if their kids are born here, revoke their citizenship. Burn their documents in front of them, like the illegal immigrants on boats did when they saw the RAAF and RAN approaching their leaking over crowded Indonesian fishing boats sent to Australia to dump them on our shores.

Screw them. Enough is enough.

This is Australia. Not #ing Saudi Arabia or Yemen or Iran or Iraq or Syria or Lebanon.

If you don't like our way of life, GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR COUNTRY AND GO BACK TO KILLING EACH OTHER IN YOUR DESERT MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRY.

More and more people are actually standing up against Islam spreading around Australia.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Geez mate why don't you say what you really think . But . I cant say i disagree with a lot you have said .

And then people wonder why the government wants to bring first and foremost CHRISTIANS and other NON-MUSLIM refugees from Syria, before even thinking about taking in any more Arab Muslims.

Totally agree with that policy . I liken bringing Muslims in to a Christian based country about as smart as having your diesel tanks inside your fertiliser shed . You know what can happen if the 2 mix in both cases .

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

No link.... was it rifle or pistol?

Not impossible to legally obtain a pistol, just takes a bit of effort.

Illegal guns have become a problem in western Sydney, particularly among middle eastern crime groups. Plenty of illegal guns around, if you know where to look. It pales in comparison to our good old American allies though.

Before people start posting about how its evidence strict regulations don't work...lol.

It is evidence.
Strict gun controls, like other laws, are only adhered to by LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.
Criminals do not care about the laws. So how are gun controls going to work?
Australia has among the strictest gun control laws in the world. Yet gun crime is increasing, it exploded in western Sydney, is probably going to soon explode in north west Melbourne, has increased even in Adelaide.

Oh hang on..old Johnny introduced new tougher laws..this isn't supposed to be happening.

Too bad Johnny Howard didn't tell you and the rest of the naive majority in Australia that the laws weren't intended to target criminals, because criminals don't obey the law to begin with and aren't about to start because of tougher gun laws.

There's hundreds of thousands of illegal guns in Australia at the moment, if not well over a million.

Legal gun ownership has also increased.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Who decides what the radical thought is?

Who cares.....it will never stop as long as religion is around.

Stalin pol pot Mao "...it will never stop while atheists are around

And of course it had nothing to do with communism....??

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: mortex

Geez mate why don't you say what you really think . But . I cant say i disagree with a lot you have said .

Totally agree with that policy . I liken bringing Muslims in to a Christian based country about as smart as having your diesel tanks inside your fertiliser shed . You know what can happen if the 2 mix in both cases .

Mate Australia is one of the best countries.
It has been opening its doors and welcoming people from around the world who want to start a new life here with open arms for over 60 years now.
Our government is still paying Vietnamese people "welfare payments" over the Vietnam war..something that's kept huush hush and isn't publicized.

There's no better place to start a new life and leave the # behind you, then Australia.
Yet these people coming here now are not leaving the # back where it belongs, and making Australia their new home.
My background is Greek. I'm born in Australia. Born and raised here. My parents are from Greece.
They actually worked hard to make a new life with none of the benefits and assistance todays refugees get from our government. These people have no excuse.
I see many of them not just Arabs but Africans as well, and Indians..driving around in brand new SUV's, Audis', etc, buying brand new homes/building new homes, in inner city suburbs so worth over 500k.

How?
My parents came here and had very little. After 50 years they've only got 2 houses.
Yet these new migrants are here 5 minutes and have new homes new cars etc. Not just any new homes or new cars but expensive ones.

What's going on?
I thought they were refugees. I thought they needed asylum. I thought they had nothing.

Of course, that's the story when they are trying to get here.

When they get here and get settled, at tax payers expense...bam, suddenly many of them uncover a fortune from back home.

We are being ripped off and taken for a ride, because of our good will and generosity towards humanity.

Enough is enough.

Our government should be looking after Australian's first, and if there's anything left over, then look after others.
This is Australia, not Iran or Afghanistan or Somalia.

None of these people would be happy if their governments back home did what our governments do and opened the doors to foreigners from a completely different civilization(so different they may as well be from another universe), and threw money at them. They'd be protesting in the streets, in violent protests, burning effigies of us, burning our flags, attacking anyone who didn't look like them.

They are exploiting our weakness. Our weakness is our good will and nature and compassion.

There's close to a million Indians for example in Australia. Most are immigrants, not born here.
Just wait till they start reproducing. See what happens.
We've already had some drop kicks from their communities demanding that they be allowed to march in Anzac day because Greeks and others take part. Completely ignorant of the fact that non-Anglo Aussies who take part in Anzac marches are the descendants of Greek soldiers who fought along side Australian and New Zealand soldiers, many actually in Greece, as ANZACs were deployed to Greece and fought with Greeks against Nazi Germany.

I found their demands very disrespectful, on two fronts. First as an Australian, because it trivializes the memory and spirit of Anzacs and point of Anzac day commemorations, and secondly as someone with Greek background because it makes a mockery of the point of the descendants of Greek soldiers marching in Anzac day, and the sacrifices, suffering, hardship and devastation caused by the Nazis to Greece, and the sacrifices made by Greeks and Australians, and especially Greek civilians many of whom especially in Crete risked not only their own lives but the lives of everyone in their villages by helping and protecting and taking in Australian soldiers, some wounded, and treating them and caring for them and hiding them from the Nazis.

I'm sick to bloody death of these new immigrants taking out country for a ride and exploiting our compassion and good nature. I know many other people also feel similar.

I'm someone who is all for taking in refugees, because it's the right thing to do.
Immigration laws should be relaxed and quotas increased, as long as strict guidelines are met.

But if you are going to migrate to any country, then respect that country, respect the way of life there, respect the local culture, traditions, customs, and nationally significant days/celebrations/commemorations.

Too many who come here today do not respect Australia or anything about it.
They do not belong here and are not worthy of living within the safety and peace Australia offers for people to start a new life.
We need a nationalist front government to sort this mess out, and it is a mess, otherwise we will get many more terrorist attacks against us in our own streets, and they will become worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join