It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know any organization or movements out there trying to unite world on Space Exploration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
To me, uniting the world powers toward exploration and resources gathering in space would be an excellent distraction from religion, wars and other things that separate us. Does anyone know any organizations or movements I could support that work toward that goal?

Humanity needs a common goal we can work on together, and I think space exploration is the perfect opportunity to help humanity find peace, evolve and grow rather than war of trivial things such as borders, energy or Religion.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2015 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

NASA?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sadly the savage nature of humanity is preventing us from leaving this planet. The only way for it to happen is if there is a primitive extraterrestrial civilization in another planet but however, it will come with a price. Humans would unite and declare war against the civilization.
edit on 2-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Well, there is the whole science fiction genre which has arguably done more to promote space exploration than just about anything else.

Note that I don't think exploration is the job of "world powers" by which I assume you mean "the state".

We will become a spacefaring civilization when individuals begin to explore. Until then, we are hampered by the inability to explore space at all as civilians.
edit on 2-10-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You should check out Zooniverse-anyone can contribute there.

You can help find Exoplanets, find black holes, look for solar flares...it's simple and you are not the only one that contributes.

edit on 2-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Sadly the savage nature of humanity is preventing us from leaving this planet. The only way for it to happen is if there is a primitive extraterrestrial civilization in another planet but however, it will come with a price. Humans would unite and declare war against the civilization.

It's also in our nature to explore. Ever wonder why young people tend to want to travel take risks and such? It's more than just being young it's in our blood to keep moving and settle later in life.

This is why we congregate in cities it takes away the need to explore by bringing goods and services closed. Take away the city concept and we'd be wandering the earth again.
Sometimes this need to explore never leaves a person, and they are always on a need to explore.
I'm one of these people and believe the only chance for our species to survive is space exploration.

OP, the groups you seek are tight knit, scientific groups, NASA, cern, rich investors, etc. Unfortunately we are still in the age of either, you got a rich uncle who died or were like Christopher Columbus and got a large grant from a king, only just recently have individual people been able to travel the globe.

Give it time.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
We grow up longing for freedom to leave the nest, every kid wants to get out and see the world. It drives us nuts,..

then one day dad hands us the keys.

I prefer to wait till I'm a little more grown up and can handle the responsibility to travel the stars. Yah we're immature, I can tell because "dad" hasn't handed us the keys yet.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
After 9/11 I spent a lot of time contemplating the same exact thoughts
Something bigger than us...to distract us from petty greedy land occupation....a bigger purpose
As you'll never get everyone to agree on a religion...or how to treat the Earth...it seems legit you could get everyone to agree there is much more territory and many more resources off planet...and get the more mature people of the nations to focus on moving forward and hopefully distract the idiots with small minds into something a lot funnier than dying for their causes and GET US INTO SPACE!
All who want to go
Of course laws will be a bit stricter in space as the risks are higher...if you are a threat or hazard to others....there probably won't be resources to keep you locked up in a special built space prison.....
Anyways so many details

FYI
I copyrighted First International Space Corporation in 2002
X

top topics

join