It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record 94,610,000 Americans not in Labor Force

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Obamanomics strikes again.

Even Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders talk as if the economy is worse than it's ever been. Hilary said the floor is falling out under women.

The number of Americans not in the labor force exceeded 94 million for the second time in a row last month hitting a new record high, according to new government data released Friday morning.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that a record 94,610,000 people (ages 16 and over) were not in the labor force in September. In other words they were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the prior four weeks.

www.breitbart.com...

Hilary is also right about women.

More than 56 million women were not of the U.S. labor force last month, according to new government data released Friday. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that 56,647,000 women, ages 16 and older during the month of September were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the past four weeks.

I thought Obama walked on water and the shovel ready jobs and Obamacare was supposed to fix all this? Why is the gap between rich and poor growing and worse under Obama than Bush?

Why has poverty hit a 50 year high under Obama?

The rich have gotten filthy rich under Obama yet he was supposed to walk on water and fix these things. Obama even told us the oceans would start to heal if he's elected.
edit on 2-10-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And after 7 years in office, it's not Obama's fault, his policies that have made matters worse.

Oh no

Not the Democrats who controlled the first 4 years nearly completely of the Obama administration

Oh no

Not the liberal/progressives who thought every thing Obama has done is so wonderful as not to be questioned,
or they will call you a racist and send you hate mail and death threats

Oh no

It's Bush's fault, right?

Wasn't Bush blamed entirely and fully by the left and the Democrats
for the jobs and economy when he left office?

But you bet the Democrats will not take the blame for the last 7 years
nor will they allow Obama to take any blame (he is perfect according to them)
they will blame it everywhere except where they gleefully
put the blame 7 years ago, in the lap of the President
and the Democratic Party

No, not the party of "it's their fault"

edit on 9Fri, 02 Oct 2015 09:46:49 -0500am100210amk025 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Isn't this almost 1/3 of the entire U.S. labor force that's unemployed? Wow!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wonder why they used the age of 16 as the start though. There are plenty of kids in highschool that don't work. If 16-18 were taken out, how many would that account for? Even then you would have those that are in college that don't work, so you could further limit it up until the age of 21-22 I would think.

Not that it matters....the economy is tanked and even when they do get out to find a job it is going to suck.

Not really just Obama's fault though....I would say there is a long history of nothing significantly improving under any administration.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ya know, this is a very interesting topic that needs to be discussed, but it's hard to do that when you talk about the topic and then sprinkle a whole lot of anti-Obama, Right Wing bull# on top.

Obama is the President of the United States, not god. He has very little power to create jobs without the approval of congress. Perhaps one of the reasons our county is not doing so well is because people believe Obama, or any president, is a magical position in which he can squat and squeeze out jobs at will.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hmmm, we'll how many are over 65 and are we certain women should count? Not many in the workforce prior to ww2. Many are still playing supermom at home. We have decreased the workforce 14 million in the last 15 years, while increasing population 10-15%. I'd put the 14mil against the millions which went over 65 in the last 15 years get a better figure to work with.
edit on 2-10-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Wonder why they used the age of 16 as the start though. There are plenty of kids in highschool that don't work. If 16-18 were taken out, how many would that account for? Even then you would have those that are in college that don't work, so you could further limit it up until the age of 21-22 I would think.

Not that it matters....the economy is tanked and even when they do get out to find a job it is going to suck.

Not really just Obama's fault though....I would say there is a long history of nothing significantly improving under any administration.

Maybe why I'll have to vote for Trump.

He is the only candidate who has a proven track record of creating jobs.

Sanders only wants to put more people on welfare.
Hillary is corrupt as the day is long and hasn't achieved one single really positive thing for the American public her entire life.
Jeb is part of a dynasty that has not made things better.
I don't like some of what Trump has said lately,
but his heart is firmly planted in helping the US
and restoring jobs and the economy.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't blame obama for all of this. Yeah I think he has been awful for the economy, but this whole thing started in the 70s when we started letting foreign made products run rampant.
Lots of people have failed to stem the tide.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yup, Uh Huh...

I'm part of the new...

"Vacation Force"...Too.

Some people don't recognize freedom when they get smacked up side the head with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, a lot of manufacturing jobs have been moved overseas. Partisan politics is still in effect, both by the people and politicians. Lobbying is still hurting the average american. Education is practically unaffordable these days. Healthcare is jacked up. Any candidates out there trying to fix any of this? I only know of one talking about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I fault a lot of administrations for this sad shape that we are in today.
But please Obama, don't blow smoke up our butts and tell us that we are recovering. We are still sliding downhill.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Ya know, this is a very interesting topic that needs to be discussed, but it's hard to do that when you talk about the topic and then sprinkle a whole lot of anti-Obama, Right Wing bull# on top.

Obama is the President of the United States, not god. He has very little power to create jobs without the approval of congress. Perhaps one of the reasons our county is not doing so well is because people believe Obama, or any president, is a magical position in which he can squat and squeeze out jobs at will.

Question: Did you say the same thing about Bush 7 years ago that you are saying about Obama?
Or: Did you bash Bush and say the entire economy that was better than it is today was his fault?

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Technically no, since they are not seeking employment they are not considered unemployed.

So the administration gets to keep up their farce of "low unemployment percentages"

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Actually, I think it is crucial to include since there is so much talk about minimum wage.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Actually, he has no power to create jobs, he can only prevent others from doing so.

I don't consider public employees as a constructive part of the economy despite the popular "trickle down" explanation.

Ironic isn't it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Nope, a lot of MFG did go overseas.

But...

... the truth of the matter is that mechanization and streamlining of production methods has eliminated jobs for people...

Capitalism is it's own worst enemy, Stupidity doesn't recognize that those you employed once, whose jobs you eliminated by streamlining and mechanizing the production methods and processes, no longer have an income to buy your junk from you.

DUH!!!!.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Question: Did you say the same thing about Bush 7 years ago that you are saying about Obama?
Or: Did you bash Bush and say the entire economy that was better than it is today was his fault?

Why is it that the Right Wing seems to bring Bush back in to these conversations more than the Left? Can't you find another "gotcha" move than to bring Bush up?

I don't/didn't bash Bush anymore than I do Obama. Both presidents had their problems and I tried to focus on the problem itself, rather than focus on partisan politics that goes after the politician.....and not the problem. But we can't talk about the actual issues anymore. We get beat over the head with anti-Obama, anti-Left rhetoric and talking points constantly.

That's one of the reasons we're in trouble. Brainwashed partisans that can't think beyond "it's Obama's fault".

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Why is it that the Right Wing seems to bring Bush back in to these conversations more than the Left? Can't you find another "gotcha" move than to bring Bush up?

I don't/didn't bash Bush anymore than I do Obama. Both presidents had their problems and I tried to focus on the problem itself, rather than focus on partisan politics that goes after the politician.....and not the problem. But we can't talk about the actual issues anymore. We get beat over the head with anti-Obama, anti-Left rhetoric and talking points constantly.

That's one of the reasons we're in trouble. Brainwashed partisans that can't think beyond "it's Obama's fault".

Exactly, what's the definition of insanity: To continue to repeat something over and over and expect a different result?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

He is the only candidate who has a proven track record of creating jobs.

Yeah for illegals and people in Mexico and China.

Sanders only wants to put more people on welfare.

You couldn't be more wrong. He wants to rebuild Americas infrastructure. That will create jobs.

Hillary is corrupt as the day is long and hasn't achieved one single really positive thing for the American public her entire life. Jeb is part of a dynasty that has not made things better.

What you said about these two is dead on both of them are useless.

I don't like some of what Trump has said lately, but his heart is firmly planted in helping the US and restoring jobs and the economy.

Trump only wants to help himself. And could you link his plan on restoring jobs and the economy? All he has said just leads to more spending that only benefits the wealthy not America as a whole.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: amicktd

Nope, a lot of MFG did go overseas.

But...

... the truth of the matter is that mechanization and streamlining of production methods has eliminated jobs for people...

Capitalism is it's own worst enemy, Stupidity doesn't recognize that those you employed once, whose jobs you eliminated by streamlining and mechanizing the production methods and processes, no longer have an income to buy your junk from you.

DUH!!!!.

Here read this: www.industryweek.com

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join