It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's hard to argue against the fact we live in a THEOPHOBIC culture.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

My favorite is Basketball.....baseball moves too slowly (but they play nearly every day), American football is too violent and knuckle-dragging (and they only play once a week - lame).

Like religion, you know - one goes on every day but moves too slowly (AND HAS NO CHEERLEADERS!), the other is too violent and knuckle-dragging...(and is all about CHEERLEADERS)....but basketball (even though they have cheerleaders) is about action!!

edit on 10/2/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh you mean netball!.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

If that's what you call it. I grew up in the town where Basketball was invented by Naismith. Quite a progressive place, always has been.

Sadly, just a half hour's drive east (home of Mormonism) or west (headquarters of the WBC) or south (seat of Jesus Camp/IHOP people), you run into conservatives.
Rabid types.

Mormons aren't half as bad - after all, the Garden of Eden is right there, adjacent to their HQ just across the state line, in Independence Missouri! Who knew???

*eyeroll*

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Also just a point to be made it isn't a phobia to disagree and speak against something.
A phobia is irrational, my fear of religion is anything but irrational.
edit on 2-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: intrepid

Who were the worst? and tell us the story dude why did you get beaten by them?.

You aren't familiar with Jehovah's Witnesses? Maybe they are cool today but back then my ass was grass every day. I didn't ask which stone came from what religion. I just knew they came a LOT. And JW's ARE Christians. I'm not... any more. You religious people are nasty.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

?? boymonkey is decidedly NOT a 'religious person'. Neither am I.

But, I get what you mean.
JWs are the door-knockers (Watchtower magazine, show up on holidays) along with the Mormons (especially after you've been signed on as a Mormon).

JWs are the worse of the door-knockers, though. You just have to either not answer the door or tell them to go away.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Are those the ones who walk around like dudes from men in black?.
Is Canada as secular as the UK religion wise?. (UK is only around 34% religious)

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Mind you do not forget that the new only good religion is coming out soon and you can get it early from me for only 19.99 digital version.
You can even buy into the new great best only version from god because it says so in the digital version by buying in to the Monkey disciple program for only 2024.45 bucks!.
Remember this religion is the right one and everyone else goes to monkey hell!!. (no bananas
).

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Hey, did you see the story about the sad gorilla who'd just lost his mom, and the human care-provider who was comforting him?

Park ranger comforts grieving orphaned gorilla

September 24, 2015 — Heartbreaking photograph depicts the emotional display of mourning which transcends the boundary between humans and animals and shows the plight of mountain gorillas

Heartbreaking.

Just google "grieving gorilla" and you'll find lots of articles about how sensitive they are, whether orphaned or otherwise bereft.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

We are all connected through evolution.
Just look into the eyes of a chimp or any great ape and you can see ourselves.
The time of the monkey comes though (9.99 to find out when).
I think so many animals are sensitive and some actually grieve their dead (crows without a doubt apes monkeys pigs cats dogs).
To think some religions tell us these amazing animals who have followed us along the same time scale and survived it all just like us are just beasts.
Hey at least Hindus have better stories and more kick ass gods then other petty hypocritical gods eh? lol.
Thats why my upcoming new God (tm) is going to kick ass.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If we live in a theophobic society in the U.S. can you please explain why there is a church (mainstream religions) for approximately every 1000 residents of the town I live in, and that doesn't include the non-mainstream ones i.e the second chance churches for released convicts etc...

Uhmmm 2nd line due to not breaking up the previous into multiple ideas LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Technomancer01

Can anyone just open a church btw?.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

In the U.S. it really does seem that most anyone can open a church/worship center/ or as one of the new local ones iWorship center (I giggle everytime I see that one).

I am unsure of the actual procedure and certification requirements etc...

Phage, Harte help me out here folks

Edited to add a believe it or not Wiki-how link to make a church, And yes boymonkey74 pretty much any group of 3 folks can LOL

www.wikihow.com...
edit on 2-10-2015 by Technomancer01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Yeah I mean don't you have to have qualifications?.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

In the U.S. I know for a fact you used to be able to become ordained in less than 5 minutes on-line and it was accepted in all 50 states.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

So I could come over to the states and open my own church to my own made up religion and rake in the cash?.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

In theory, just need 2 more co-conspiritor...I mean fellow believers. But don't forget the T.V. camera if you want to make it real big in the States LOL.

And just another note: Can I Haz Flag, it's just depressing to be retired from the military and not have a flag LOL J/K mods
edit on 2-10-2015 by Technomancer01 because: To add unfunny humorz

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That's why hockey exists, my friend.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well it is going to be a fusion of this guy.

(actually really good try it
).

and this.

In 2 thousand years there will be only one religion.

The church of the Monkey!.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Technomancer01

In the U.S. I know for a fact you used to be able to become ordained in less than 5 minutes on-line and it was accepted in all 50 states.

Yep, The Most Reverend Olaru12 from the Universal Life Church. Services start at 10pm and bring your own sacraments.

www.themonastery.org...

Back when I applied you could get a Phd. for an extra 75usd. Pretty good deal when compared to a University course of study.....

Dr. Olaru12 sounds pretentious so I only use it at official functions, like orgy's and bacchanals.

To date, I have married 3 couples.
edit on 2-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join