It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's hard to argue against the fact we live in a THEOPHOBIC culture.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: DBCowboy

Stick around. You'll learn what the curve and continuum are here on ATS.

May just stick to sports or UFO's. Too much hate going on up in here.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Proof of what, exactly? I love how you've latched on to one isolated incident like a single data point is some kind of proof. Maybe you should have waited a little bit longer before screaming and crying about how persecuted you are by the atheists. At least long enough for more evidence to come to light, like how the killer described himself in his own words:

A posting on the Spiritual Passions dating and social networking site uses a picture that appears to be Mercer under the user name IRONCROSS45, which Mercer also used as his email.

He described himself on the site as a 26-year-old, mixed-race “man looking for a woman”. He said he was “not religious, but spiritual”, and was a “teetotaler” living with his parents and a conservative Republican. Socially, he said, he was “shy at first” and “better in small groups”. He described himself as “always dieting” and looking for “the yin to my yang”.

So he referred to himself as "IRONCROSS", was "not religious, but spiritual", and a "conservative Republican". Do you think that describes most atheists in the world, or even within the ATS community? If your answer to that is "yes", you need to re-evaluate your reading comprehension skills and ability to gauge people.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wah, wah wah. I don't think that when Christ said, "Follow me" he meant up on the cross. This martyr syndrome is getting old. So society has moved beyond a strict religious code. You have to live with it. Damn, that's persecution? BS. You want to know about persecution? I was raised JW in the 60's and 70's. I can tell you about persecution. Physical, mental, emotional...... by fellow Christians.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Good plan. Do read along, though - to dip your toe in the water by lurking.....

you'll be able to tell if you want to come into these particular forums after reading for a while.

Beware the political/election forums also.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Jump to :50 then read

It isn't hate it is defiance!.
It is defiance of something that holds back the human race the human spirit and the human soul.
For to long has silly superstition ruled over us we can find god ourselves you don't need religion and it's dogma.
We as a specie have a chance to break free of the old and embrace the new because we are all one people now, we can learn anything at the touch of our finger tips, where once their was darkness and religion we now have science and reason.
Gods still about in my view and proud we are waking up to our potential.
Religion wants to kill us all off by telling us the end is nigh well I say never we are destined for the stars and to evolve into whatever we want we are brill we are freaking awesome we are blooming human chuffing beings!!

Humanity FTW.

edit on 2-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Look in the mirror and see what intolerance for
religion and intolerance for religious people
has led to.

It's led to me?

LOL!!

I think I'm perfectly acceptable.

Or, wait: are you saying I am a mass murdering maniac? Or just that I am their muse and inspiration?

Wow. Got your old DSM-IV-TR? And your Introductory Textbook of Psychiatry (3rd Edition, N Andreasen and D Black c 2001)? (I have mine, both of them, in case you have any questions. Got them at my fingertips - literally, I don't even have to get out of my chair! It'd be my honor and pleasure to help you out.)

Check out the sections (in both volumes) on Personality Disorders and Narcissistic Paranoid Delusions of Grandeur type of stuff. You know what I mean - just check back at those sections, Professor. (Also, talk therapy can be very helpful for sorting out this kind of thinking. Narrative Therapy in particular, and Family Systems might be very productive for you to indulge yourself in.)

"absurdist," my whoseywhatsit. Hilarious.

But, really - sorry you're suffering so - and all for no reason! I mean, so out of the blue! So uncalled for! So self-inflicted and imaginary!

edit on 10/2/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wow, all this hatred by Christian haters
and religion haters.

Quite the tolerant bunch aren't we?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Who's hating on you?
Who in this thread, today, is hating on you? Maybe you should ask us, each of us, if we hate you.

I'll answer first: Do I hate you? No, I don't. Do you annoy me? Yup. Do I take you seriously?

Hmmm. I think you are either being an "absurdist" who is delivering an extraordinarily martyr-like performance, or -
a psychotic fanatic experiencing an episode of faux victimization and imagined persecution.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Good plan. Do read along, though - to dip your toe in the water by lurking.....

you'll be able to tell if you want to come into these particular forums after reading for a while.

Beware the political/election forums also.

Yeah, I like politics, like watching football. Everyone has a favorite team. Thanks for the advice though.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

My pleasure. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Who's hating on you?
Who in this thread, today, is hating on you? Maybe you should ask us, each of us, if we hate you.

I'll answer first: Do I hate you? No, I don't. Do you annoy me? Yup. Do I take you seriously?

Hmmm. I think you are either being an "absurdist" who is delivering an extraordinarily martyr-like performance, or -
a psychotic fanatic experiencing an episode of faux victimization and imagined persecution.

No my dear, hating on all Christians
reread this thread
Most of the people responding hate religion
hate the thought of religion
hate the thought of religious people.

I don't know why people think I am upset.
Quite the contrary.

It is fun watching you all squirm
now that the tables have turned
and the result of all the
"religion must be rid of in the world"
"all Christians are....."
"we are sick of you Christians (thinking or doing whatever)
Over and over like a broken record

and now the (cough, cough) tolerant rhetoric
of the tolerant people who want to rid
society of religion and by extension religious people

well you got your way yesterday, didn't you.

See what your form of tolerance breeds,
exactly what you accuse Christians of.

Anyway, none of you will admit you are intolerant
towards people of faith.
You think way to highly of yourselves
and you are never, ever wrong
You can say the nastiest things about Christians,
but when one tries to point out the results
of your behavior
it is ironic and almost funny watching the
gymnastics you must go through to justify
your attitude toward Christianity and
Christians and any people of faith;
all while calling yourselves the tolerant ones.

Anyway, got to run again.

Now you can all have fun bashing me for a while.
Enjoy.
It's getting quite humorous to watch.
Pathetic really.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Why can't I just be left alone? I mean, from the religious from the non religious, from the political, from everyone with an agenda? I like to say, go do what you want, just don't get me involved. If people want to worship an orange tree with blue fruit, then rock on! Just don't expect me to join you in church.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Now you can all have fun bashing me for a while.
Enjoy.
It's getting quite humorous to watch.
Pathetic really.
Uh.....
no one bothers talking about you at all when you're not here. (Although admittedly, we go out of our way to respond to your inanity when you are on here.)

You're not that interesting. It would be pathetic if that was happening, but, it's not.

Glad you're having a good time, though!!

Toodles!!

(Projecting much? Grandma?)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

What footie team?.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Wow, all this hatred by Christian haters
and religion haters.

Quite the tolerant bunch aren't we?

That's exactly what I thought when I was getting my ass kicked on a daily basis from Catholics and Protestants.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Not sure he means futbol. More, American football.
Just guessing.
I don't, however, have a favorite football team. Don't follow it or care about it at all.

I am "watching" BASEBALL now, though (read: listening over my shoulder) - and yeah - Royals. See?
Not all of us have a shared passion. Imagine that!!!

(luv ya!)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Who were the worst? and tell us the story dude why did you get beaten by them?.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

What footie team?.

Arsenal. Ha! I kid. American football. Seahawks. But I basically look at any team I don't like and root for the other team. In politics, in life, in sports, in religion, I root for the outlaws and the underdogs.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh you mean Rounders but easy because of a big bat

men playing a girls sport pfft.

Interestly enough I played a baseball match against the USA under 16 team at school

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You'll fit right in, then!! Don't be a stranger on here, dude!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join