It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U S Army Successfully Tests A Lightning Gun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm speculating that the plasma bolt could be better controlled by a magnetic vortex funnel field of some sort.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
I'm speculating that the plasma bolt could be better controlled by a magnetic vortex funnel field of some sort.

The key is probably to start a stom then direct all the lightning into your targets. Piggy back on nature by controlling nature.

They can make storms, and they can direct lightning, so that would be the most logical path to put your enemies in shock literaly!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Back in 1976...I saw a Foofighter that seemed to possibly have a magnetically contained aneutronic fusion plasma shield surrounding it. So I figured that they (otherworlders) could easily convert the magnetic shield into an attack configuration, so that the highly pressurized, electrified fusion plasma could be sent to the intended target thru a magnetic vortex funnel with devastating results!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I wonder....www.rense.com...
I don't really like Rense as a source but a scout mentioned that they "Melted a f##king bus" from a wierd track.
edit on 2-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I'll stick with my Louisville Slugger and a shotgun.
Field tested and proved effective.

But what about a inter-dimensional god in the form of a 10 storey high Stay-Pufft man on a rampage through New York?

Presumably ectoplasm also conducts electricity.

Now all they need are spook-traps

edit on 2-10-2015 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
2 questions...
1...when will they be sold in Walmart?
2...will the NRA support the constitutional right to buy and own one?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Vortex field is probably right...

a reply to: angeldoll

It can latch on to the "tooth filling of a terrorist". OUCH!

Have you seen pics of those guys? They're not worried as they have few teeth anyways...

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I wonder....www.rense.com...
I don't really like Rense as a source but a scout mentioned that they "Melted a f##king bus" from a wierd track.

Back when that came out, it was originally sourced from a "story" RAI put out based on the statements of an Iraqi physician, IIRC. The first cut of the story involved a "devil beam" fired from a check point that inserted demons into the bodies of the people in the bus, which then ate their ways out of the people, causing their heads to fall off. The bus then melted into the ground and vanished, thus no proof could be found.

RAI couldn't find the original witnesses, go figure, so they recast the scene with camera crew and locals.

RAI tried to imply it was everything from THEL to HPM. Shortly afterwards, some guy popped up claiming he saw a track melting cars with a laser or something (that one sort of seems to bear some similarities to something that went on at Redstone). Looks like the Rense article fuses the revised RAI article (they took out the demon part) and the death track rumors to form a new wacky derivative.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If they can put it on a track ,why not a drone?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

You could get really crazy and open a wormhole to the enemy and fire it through that along with an emp.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

If they can put it on a track ,why not a drone?

It's about the size of a railroad car. And the range is relatively short.

eta: I'm sure I wrote a couple of detailed posts on the RAI article when it came out can't do links from my phone though..

Etaa: I did. Google "site:abovetopsecret.com bedlam rai bus" and follow the comments. I think it dates back to 2006...
edit on 3-10-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Perhaps it can be nanosized into a hand held stunner or a bazooka type system.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

It needs a pretty significant power supply. Both for the laser and for the electrostatic charge.
edit on 10/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It needs a pretty significant power supply. Both for the laser and for the electrostatic charge.

nextbigfuture.com...
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc., or GA-ASI, the San Diego-based company that makes the Predator and Reaper drones, is undertaking a privately funded study to integrate a 150-kilowatt solid-state laser onto its Avenger drone. If the company succeeds, a drone with a high-energy laser will be a reality at some point in 2017.

In June, the company delivered a 150-kilowatt liquid laser to the Pentagon for extensive testing at the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. For comparison, the 30 kw laser (output) currently on the Ponce in the Persian Gulf has more than enough output to destroy an enemy drone or blow a hole in a boat. In addition to 5 times the power, the significant increase in beam quality provides significantly higher lethality than the system on the Ponce.

Well I guess its possible to nanosize the power source, but I doubt I will be seeing a smaller version of it any time soon.

I am thinking it could be made to be used on a large drone capable of using lasers and other such technology.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

A laser and a very powerful electrostatic generator (for the lightning part of it).

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Maybe so...www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
good although its uses seem limited for the moment

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

So we may be able to create hand held lightning weapons!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

So we may be able to create hand held lightning weapons!

Not so much.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The uses for tiny reactors could be limitless, I imagine a few of those could power an iron man suit.

Perhaps it could make a dynamo type of suit like in the movie Running Man

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join