It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Harper Mercer Oregon's Alleged Umqua Community College Shooter Identified, Police Say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Does anybody actually believe he wasn't lying?

Consider the "opposites".

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Some TV stations are now saying they will not call him by name. Good. I think these pathetic murders should be referred to as:

"pathetic murderer". I mean, having your picture on television with the words "pathetic murderer" underneath it, is not something anyone would aspire to.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Lonely individuals who are not getting what they want out of life, instead seek to make a name for themselves. Do we not recall this:

That they are alone masks the danger - nobody knows about it...

...and there's nobody there to help them.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

This needs to be posted every single time this crap happens. The media and the ridiculous unwarranted self importance learned from Facebook and Twitter are feeding this more than anything else.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Eerie. One word comes to mind reading that second blog narrative: Projection.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Does anybody actually believe he wasn't lying?

Consider the "opposites".

C'mon, X...Nobody ever lies on dating site profiles!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Well, if this is the same guy:

Ethnicity: Mixed Race
Political Views: conservative, republican
Groups: Doesn't Like Organized Religion ; Left-hand Path ; Magick and Occult ; Meditation ; Not Religious, But Spiritual

I think people will start ignoring this pretty quickly, because they wouldn't like what they see.

Well according to that profile you linked in.....he did Aerobics....NEED we say any more?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Eerie. One word comes to mind reading that second blog narrative: Projection.

Yeah....very messed up. That was not that long ago either....couple or three weeks.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wonder if you two would be saying that if he said he was liberal or was interested in black lives matter...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

On an interesting note, I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are. ... A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems the more people you kill, the more you're in the limelight.

Well, there you go.

Strange thing is that I said the same thing to my mother the moment they started reporting on the active shooting.

Why do we keep giving these people their glory? Now the big thing being reported is, "The Greatest Numbers Of Deaths in One School Shooting!"

So now what are we doing? Making sure the next person kills more than 10/15? How many will they need to break the record?

Stop reporting this crap and stop making people think it is the only sure way to get their 15 minutes of fame.

edit on 1-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Well, if this is the same guy:

Ethnicity: Mixed Race
Political Views: conservative, republican
Groups: Doesn't Like Organized Religion ; Left-hand Path ; Magick and Occult ; Meditation ; Not Religious, But Spiritual

I think people will start ignoring this pretty quickly, because they wouldn't like what they see.

What is this 'Left Hand Path" stuff.

I google it and it and get this:

www.dpjs.co.uk...

Left Hand Path in the West

Book Cover“Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path.”

"The Satanic Bible" by Anton LaVey (1969)
Book Of Lucifer 3:paragraph 30

The Left Hand Path is solitary, individualistic, personal, based on self development, self analysis, self empowerment. Altruism is materialistically equated as long term selfishness. I think all forms of Satanism are considered Left Hand Path, even Devil Worship and inverse Christian-Satanists are Left Hand Path, although they are frequently considered deluded. Frequently called "evil" and "dark" by non Satanic religions, the followers of the left hand path often have had to remain in the darkness or face severe persecution from the religions that ironically call themselves "good". This is testimony enough that the image of the purely "good" icons is a veneer; a non-truth.

altreligion.about.com...

Left-Hand and Right-Hand Paths

Occult and religious paths are sometimes divided into two categories: the left-hand and right-hand paths. The left-hand path is about the elevation and centrality of the self as well as the rejection of religious authority and societal taboos. The left-hand path focuses on the strength and will of the practitioner, downplaying the need for intercession by any high power (although they may believe a higher power exists).

Satanism (both LaVeyan and Theistic) and Luciferianism are all considered left-hand paths. Followers of Thelema disagree whether it is a left- or right-hand path.

So, appears this guy is some kind of Occult / Satanist ?
edit on 1-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Why does he have to be a Christian if he's a conservative?

People aren't cartoons, they can make their own choices and are usually more complex than a character class in a video game. I see literally no contradiction between his "conservatism" and his occultism.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think it has to do with the occult. Left hand path is service to self. Right hand path is service to others. But I may be wrong. I am sure others can explain it better.

Link
edit on 1-10-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
He appears to also have a profile on a site calle "Morgue Penpals"

Source

Name *
Chris Harper-Mercer
E-mail *
[email protected]
Country (Include State or Province) *
United States, California
Which would you prefer?
E-mail pals
Hobbies
Music, movies, news
About you and what you are looking for in a pen pal.
I'm 20 years old, in college, I like to listen to music, mostly goth/punk/industrial/electronic, and I love to watch movies, Horror movies are the best, but i also like some action films, depending on the type, and I like crime dramas as well.

I'm looking for penpals who are similar to me, but anyone is welcome to email me.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The guy was yet another religious psychopath killing without mercy under his particular little rabid hostile version of whatever twisted bloody version of the invisible sky wizard makes you feel better.

Guns don't kill people. Religious mentally ill people and criminals kill people. Idiots give them the guns then they kill.

The answer isn't gun control it's bloody religion control.

I'll get my coat.

edit on 1-10-2015 by angus1745 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So apparently conservative 'republicans' that aren't religious like the IRA, and go around asking people if they are a 'christian' before shooting them.

I think theres some deep disinformation spreading about.

And it ties in to the politicization of mass shootings now.

I am a 'conservative' republican, that is a CHRISTIAN, and do not like the IRA even I have IRISH ancestry.

I smell a set up.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Wait ... what? What religion did he belong to? I thought these last few pages were talking about how he claimed to be non-religious.

I'm confused.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

On an interesting note, I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are. A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems the more people you kill, the more your're in the limelight.

There you go.

If the media didn't devote next to 23 of their 24 hours to mass shootings, I think we would see a decline.

15 minutes of fame, or infamy.

Straight from the mouth of one of those sick bastards.
edit on 2-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
He appears to also have a profile on a site calle "Morgue Penpals"

Source

Name *
Chris Harper-Mercer
E-mail *
[email protected]
Country (Include State or Province) *
United States, California
Which would you prefer?
E-mail pals
Hobbies
Music, movies, news
About you and what you are looking for in a pen pal.
I'm 20 years old, in college, I like to listen to music, mostly goth/punk/industrial/electronic, and I love to watch movies, Horror movies are the best, but i also like some action films, depending on the type, and I like crime dramas as well.

I'm looking for penpals who are similar to me, but anyone is welcome to email me.

That site is very strange hardly any members...fake?
I need to come over here, unfortunately the other thread is dying a sad death.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

His online advert listed his religion as "not religious but spiritual". So not Islam. He was into New age crap by his torrent uploads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join