It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'll can tell you that you apparently don't support the use of paragraphs. As for the "questions" posed in that mess of shotgun argumentation and sanctimonious, libelous nonsense:

Well this ain't grammar school.

Add this to list of reason why it seems like I support the Democrats; the puffed up posturing and delusional FF worship of Republicans. T

Like I SAID.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

No, no, Neo, What they want is to make it very, very easy to slap that tag on as many people as they can to make them ineligible.

They have already done that via ATF form 4473

11 b,c, and wait for it F.

www.atf.gov...
edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Nah, upending the founding documents, ideals and guarantees the country was fought and won for are far more important issues for the continuation of our country than statistics that are completely irrelevant by the tiniest of standards.

Mathematicaly, it's not even remotely close to being anything resembling an issue and because of that, I am uninterested in talking about how further liberties and rights should be comprimised.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Exhibit 1:

This is a political choice that we make, to allow this to happen every few months in America,” Obama said. “We collectively are answerable to those families who lose their loved ones because of our inaction.”

THIS is the fact. Every time, almost monthly, that a mass shooting happens the gun crowd gather round and spout rhetoric. I just want those people to accept these deaths are for everyone's 2nd Amendment rights. Collateral damage for the good of the whole. THAT is all I want. Say that and I'll shut up.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

There is nothing political about the constitution there I.

It is as APOLITICAL as it gets.

I just want people to ACCEPT that I and 339 million other Americans didn't shoot anyone today.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Dude. Dodge is a car, not a debate tactic. Care to answer my question?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Or a mass stabbing or a mass suicide or somebody running their vehicle into a crowd of people or everytime a cop shoots an unarmed person in the back or eveytime a drunk kills a family.......

Stuff happens, your moral dilemma isn't gonna rob me or my countrymen of our rights as Americans. The country we all live in and enjoy was won because of wait for it.......... Guns.

Your attempt to say that evil in government and in fellow man has subsided so we no longer need those rights not withstanding I will quite simply ask you to take a step back and realize how ludicrous your comments may seem to most Americans.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Nope, got it wrong. I said keep your guns BUT own the deaths of those that died for your 2nd Amendment rights. Reread my post. I don't think that will even be accepted.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I've noticed that many gun control supporters tend to disagree with other crime policies that would end up effecting them also even though those policies would end up lowering gun crime, gun homicides, and even mass shootings.

link   
I've noticed that many gun control supporters tend to disagree with other crime policies that would end up effecting them also even though those policies would end up lowering gun crime, gun homicides, and even mass shootings.

link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Nope, got it wrong. I said keep your guns BUT own the deaths of those that died for your 2nd Amendment rights. Reread my post. I don't think that will even be accepted.

I'm sorry I misunderstood then. That said, honestly, I am more than happy to "own" the deaths. Freedom isn't free but if the price is what the statistics say it is currently then it sure is cheap.

I mourn the death of any innocent person, I'm a husband, a father and what I would like to think, a responsible person. I have feelings and I have compassion but I also have logic, common sense and a disgusting knowledge of history.

I understand your position (I think) I just don't accept it. In a country post Edward Snowden where the government says, yeah, we did it and um, we are going to keep doing it. In a country where Eric Holder commits treason by way of "Fast and Furious". Gets away with it and retires with millions of dollars and a country that continues to give military grade equipment, training and agenda to the local police force I'm not completely sure I can trust them to only have the guns.

Do you at least see where I'm coming from?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

And you, as a parent, would trade your childrens lives for the 2nd Amendment? Or just hope it doesn't strike close to home?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Anything that is serious enough to require the commander in chief to weigh in should of course be "politicised"....in fact it absolutely has to be. Issues of such importance need to be discussed in the political realm. That's how progress is made.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Honest to God, I would trade my life and those of my family for any Amendment and they would also be so inclined as well. We are Americans and countless other Americans fought and died to make sure we have what we do and so that we are afforded the right to offer our lives in defense of it.

I take our Constitution, my nationality very seriously and my family does as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

No I won't do it.

I am not responsible for the actions of someone else.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Too bad you don't take life as seriously.

And Neo, saw your post too. Yeah, do nothing, as usual and people continue to die and no one is doing anything. THAT is going to continue. If you want the 2nd OWN the cost.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Yo isn't murder already illegal ?

How am I responsible for doing something I, and millions of others don't do?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and dads, moms, kids, sons, daughters, teachers, grandmas and grandpas, and oh yeah patriots too.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Why are mass gun slaughters pretty much an American thing? I can play semantics too. I said keep the guns, own the gun deaths though. No one wants to though. Guilty conscience?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join