It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Even if they rook everyone's gun, they would be smuggled in for the criminals just lie all the drugs that are illegal and very easy to get just about anywhere. The only people that had guns besides police would be criminals and they would love that as they would not have to fear home invasion, robbery, etc. Then you would be crying you don't have any protection next.

The answer is not and never will be more gun control. If this students or teacher were armed, there would only be one or tow injuries or death and not so many. Our border is wide open to smuggling and any machine shop, bug or small (garage) could manufacture untraceable firearms. There are people today that do this. Gin control laws won't work.

The chief of police of Europol came out a month or two ago and claimed gun control doesn't work ans they are outgunned by the jihadis. They have trainees go out into the street and try to purchase an AK47 and most are able to complete this in 2 hours.

European Police Reveal Why Gun Control Is Failing ...

LOL OMG... Imagine if France or Europe country had gun laws like USA + how much gun you have....

They would be KILLING NONE-STOP. just like you.

It's not because you are "American" that you kill urself more then any advance country. It's because of your guns + gun law xD.

xD But i quit :p At least now you know that you are the only place on earth, with a 1st economie/democratie/freedom of press/culture with a 3rd world violence in the street/killing . Congrat! xD America F*ck yeah!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

Dude stop you are making Canadians look stupid by posting this garbage.

You act like America is in some kind of post apocalyptic movie.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I've had a couple drinks and it just occurred to me that I hadn't answered your question as to why it seems like I support the Democrats.

originally posted by: neo96

I dunno, I can't really put my finger on it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I have no idea what the prevalence is of semi-automatic weapons in your country. I'm only saying that they're available and legal. The acquisition process is more involved than ours in the US, but does not appear to be difficult. The point being, your laws probably aren't what's actually preventing these types of problems that we see in the US. Its your culture, not the gun laws.

And just one additional point, we do have a background check requirement in the US. Anytime and anywhere you purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer, including at a gunshow, you MUST submit to a background check. No exceptions. This becomes a bit more murky with private party sales. Some states have no requirement on private sales, including my own, but the reason for that is because its all but unenforceable. That being said, the same rules apply: if you, as a private seller, have reason to believe that the buyer could not pass a background check or is otherwise prohibited from purchasing a firearm, you are legally obligated to terminate the sale.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Because you support the police state ?

And like to infringe on constitutional rights even if there isn't a color able reason to?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

LOL OMG... Imagine if France or Europe country had gun laws like USA + how much gun you have....

Yeah imagine that. Instead of the colonials running to the French and beg for arms to fight their revolution.

The French will have to come running to us.

Oh the IRONY.
edit on 1-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

LOL.

Myself, I live in the gun capital of planet Earth...the rural southern US. 300,000+ people in a 40 mile radius and probably 5 times as many firearms. I imagine that some of our foreign posters think it must be a war zone here. Nothing could be further from the truth. I can walk outside, down the street...any street in town...at night...no random gunfire. No worries about being mugged or shot. And I don't carry. Imagine that.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Even if they rook everyone's gun, they would be smuggled in for the criminals just lie all the drugs that are illegal and very easy to get just about anywhere. The only people that had guns besides police would be criminals and they would love that as they would not have to fear home invasion, robbery, etc. Then you would be crying you don't have any protection next.

The answer is not and never will be more gun control. If this students or teacher were armed, there would only be one or tow injuries or death and not so many. Our border is wide open to smuggling and any machine shop, bug or small (garage) could manufacture untraceable firearms. There are people today that do this. Gin control laws won't work.

The chief of police of Europol came out a month or two ago and claimed gun control doesn't work ans they are outgunned by the jihadis. They have trainees go out into the street and try to purchase an AK47 and most are able to complete this in 2 hours.

European Police Reveal Why Gun Control Is Failing ...

They would be KILLING NONE-STOP. just like you.

It's not because you are "American" that you kill urself more then any advance country. It's because of your guns + gun law xD.

xD But i quit :p At least now you know that you are the only place on earth, with a 1st economie/democratie/freedom of press/culture with a 3rd world violence in the street/killing . Congrat! xD America F*ck yeah!

Thats a rather simplistic view of social problems.

You should study the swiss for instance who have more guns per capita than Canada but less mass shootings. Canada and France have realitively high gun ownership as well. So your examples are overly simplistic.

For instance the homicide rate in London is drastically climbing as immigrants move into the city.

Poverty and lack of social connection are huge factors. Before you so assertively suggest causation you should study philosophy of criminology.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Pssst ?

They believe everything the see on tv.

For realz.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

With the invasion going on in EU right now, I am sure that citizens in the affected countries will be arming themselves alright and they have the right to do so.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

With the invasion going on in EU right now, I am sure that citizens in the affected countries will be arming themselves alright and they have the right to do so.

If they have a lick of sense they will be revisiting their gun laws.

link   

I know! They think we're the ones who have bought into some pro-gun propaganda. Well, maybe we have, but we're the ones living it. Maybe there's a practical reason we're not falling all over ourselves for more gun control.

Maybe, just maybe, its really not too bad in most of the country...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Thx for not being "trolling" and bring argument for real.

But when you talk about Your culture vs Our culture. You forget that in YOUR cultures, everyday life, guns are everywhere. Anybody can have them easy, illegal or legal gun. Because you got 350 millions gun in circulation. And it just will go up with time.

In Canada, gun are RARE. If you have a "handgun/AR semi-auto" other will look at you like : WTF you are doing with that ? Are you a criminal ????

We got some "Gun shotting range" place, and EVEN some place need to lock your gun there. And be used only there. You cannont bring them out ( not all place, but i know 1 place in Quebec like that )

Our "guns" are for hunting, hunting rifle. These hunter are NOT seeing like : WTF why you got a hunting rifle.

So "Yeah" we have different culture, but it's because of laws.

Here if Canadian Tire ( our "Wal-mart", but more for "outgoing" things ) if that store, sold AR semi-automatic gun. YEAH we would have more killing then now it's just sure.

BY CHANCE, here guns are hard to find and hard to buy. They are not seeing as "Defending tool".

And due to have LESS fire rate, when he have a Crazy killing guy. The killing is cut in half.

DAMN WE EVEN HAD A TERRORIST in OUR PARLEMENT !!!!!!! AT OTTAWA!!!! The guy had some kind of hunting gun and just killed 1 guy.

If that guy had a semi-auto or auto gun, WAY more people would have been killed. ( that was last year october )

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yeah imagine that. Instead of the colonials running to the French and beg for arms to fight their revolution.

Oh the IRONY.

The french have one of the highest guns per capita in Europe. It was a bad example.

The Swiss have the highest in western Europe and have had one mass shootings recently.

A good compromise would be gun safety. I have no problem with gun safety being ingrained into the culture. To be honest my ccl test was a joke. I don't think you should be able to carry in places like campuses for instance without better marksmanship and safety training (including stress shooting praxrice). I think that would make a bigger impact than any of the proposed legislation.

I also support if you are psychologically impaired enough to be on daily drugs for your condition having a limited access to firearms.
edit on 1-10-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Oh the IRONY.

The french have one of the highest guns per capita in Europe. It was a bad example.

The Swiss have the highest in western Europe and have had one mass shootings recently.

A good compromise would be gun safety. I have no problem with gun safety being ingrained into the culture. To be honest my ccl test was a joke. I don't think you should be able to carry in places like campuses for instance without better marksmanship and safety training (including stress shooting praxrice). I think that would make a bigger impact than any of the proposed legislation.

I also support if you are psychologically impaired enough to be on daily drugs for your condition having a limited access to firearms.

Could you compare the stats with the USA ? I dont think that France have 40 millios gun running around lol. ( 1 per person )

Thx.

+ OMG, i just learn that Gun compagny CAN NOT be sue in the USA.... WTF is that ??? So if a safety lock dont work, you cannot sue that compagny???

WTF, this is sick as hell NRA is too powerful.

I know NRA dont fund Donald Trump, will Trump be the first republican anti-gun?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I remember the incident you speak of in the Canadian parliament. Luckily it wasn't any worse than it was, and true, it might have been worse with a different firearm. I'm not aware of what he had specifically. Regardless, the security forces did a great job in that case as well and put him down quickly.

But yeah, I will agree that Canadian and US cultures are significantly different regarding firearms. For that matter, there are large differences in culture on the issue even within US borders. But believe me, its virtually impossible for me to forget about the prevalence of firearms in US society. My area is up to its eyeballs in fireams of all kinds. But violent crime, including gun-related crime, really isn't something you have to worry about around here or in most areas outside the major cities.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86

originally posted by: luthier

Oh the IRONY.

Could you compare the stats with the USA ? I dont think that France have 40 millios gun running around lol. ( 1 per person )

Thx.

+ OMG, i just learn that Gun compagny CAN NOT be sue in the USA.... WTF is that ??? So if a safety lock dont work, you cannot sue that compagny???

WTF, this is sick as hell NRA is too powerful.

I know NRA dont fund Donald Trump, will Trump be the first republican anti-gun?

Please do study the french. Also compair the violent crime and homicide rates.

Obviously the US has some social issues. Around violence. But your causation is off. Again just wiki criminology and the different theories around murder rates for a primer. Number one is when people don't feel connected to their society and poverty mixed together.

If your theory was correct for instance the Swiss should have the highest mass shooting rate in Europe. What is your explanation for the fact they don't. Not even close.

And I would say all lobby groups are far too powerful in the US.
edit on 1-10-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I didn't notice that this was posted already and made another thread in BAN. In that thread I pointed out how convenient it seems that mass shootings are too common an occurrence under an administration so willing to try to impose gun controls in the U.S.

Mass media such as the Huffington Post have also been using every atrocity to call for gun control measures so they are playing alongside this administration on this goal they have in common.

Isn't it ironic how some members in these forums have been trying to claim that the Obama administration does not want to impose gun controls, yet they have been doing the opposite for years starting with using "Fast and Furious"? They tried to use "Fast and Furious" as an excuse to impose gun control measures and blame America's gun laws for giving assault weapons to drug cartels in Mexico. But then we found out that the Obama administration was the one who supplied those very same weapons to the drug cartels?

In the past Presidents, such as Kennedy were given a choice, plans to kill Americans to further their goal, whatever goal was in mind such as "Operations Northwood". Thankfully President Kennedy did not sign such plans.

However, to me it seems that now we have a President that is willing to get Americans killed to implement gun controls. It's too much of a coincidence that more mass shootings seem to be occurring under the watch of this administration, and they don't waste any time and allowing the families of those killed to grief before the President calls for "gun control"...

IMO, this does deserve to be investigated asap. I could be wrong, but can't shake the feeling that it is not a coincidence.

edit on 1-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Why would a company be sued?

Is it a car companies fault when a drunk driver kills a pedestrian should they also be responsible?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Did anyone else notice at some points Obama appeared to be trying to hold back a grin?

I noticed that too. He was trying to look sincere but didn't seem to be.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join