It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Every time something like this happens, we feel the push come up all over again, and we know that if we don't fight back. He WILL come to take them.

Freedom isn't free. You have to constantly fight for it.

He will? Well this sounds impressive; tell me more. Is he like the reverse of Santa Claus, for guns?

Obama is just talking to say something. Not only do the GOP have control of Congress, there wasn't enough support among the Democrats in Congress to pull off anything major when they didn't.

This is just weak political theater that triggers histrionics like some perverse Pavlovian response from people on both sides of the aisle.

Democrats: "OMG OMG We gotta do something!"
Republicans: "OMG OMG They're gonna do something!"
edit on 2015-10-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Watch gun sale go up now.

I wonder if he has investments with some of these companies?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
He should lead by example and have his security team be gun free.

I said this very thing to my husband a few hours ago. He should lead by example and disarm his secret service.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I will hold his office to account then, and since they are the purveyors of the largest mass shootings in modern history (disguised as "military intervention" for control of sovereign countries vital Oil reserves) those who have held any position of US political power since October 2001 when they invaded Afghanistan and murdered thousands should all be tried in the International Criminal Court.

All those who have held any position of US political power since then who have clearly endorsed this "freedom and Democracy - for Oil" policy should also be tried and convicted.

What's good for the Gander - is good for the goose.

and he is a goose.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ketsuko

Every time something like this happens, we feel the push come up all over again, and we know that if we don't fight back. He WILL come to take them.

He will? Well this sounds impressive; tell me more. Is he like the reverse of Santa Claus, for guns?

Obama is just talking to say something. Not only do the GOP have control of Congress, there wasn't enough support among the Democrats in Congress to pull off anything major when they didn't.

This is just weak political theater that triggers histrionics like some perverse Pavlovian response from people on both sides of the aisle.

Democrats: "OMG OMG We gotta do something!"
Republicans: "OMG OMG They're gonna do something!"

So you're admitting our current form of corrupt government is a farce, but yet you constantly support one side over the other?

Explain!
edit on 1-10-2015 by seeker1963 because: have a hell of a time with "your" and "you're"

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think we should actually try practicing 'freedom' and democracy before we try to export it.

Just my humble.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: luciddream
Did he take the gun from you yet? almost 8 yrs... damn Obama is slacking.

But this is getting ridiculous. People in this country may be nuts, but it's stretching the bounds of belief that they are that nuts, and since guns don't shoot themselves, and we know about Fast and Furious the aims of which were to create the need to restrict gun ownership ... well, I'm starting to think there is something more than random acts of violence afoot.

You can bet there is. Fast and Furious proved that beyond any doubt that Obama is using every tool available to disarm America, (while arming our enemies), and who knows what kind of black projects and special access technology which may be being used right now to help achieve this? These mass shootings never happened at this current scale and scope with any other president being in office before.

Only with Obama.

These mass shootings are being fostered by him. Every time one happens now, Obama seems to be happier and giddy with using the events to disarm America.

They were not supposed to get caught doing Fast and Furious. Fast and Furious was a serious breach of law and he and Holder have never been punished for it.

Fast and Furious exposed the "dirtiness" of Obama and his ilk, but the level of dirtiness Obama is going to now is beyond anything people could imagine. But we are seeing the results.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It would be one thing if our society was "ready" for ridding guns or making them illegal, but we aren't. Its that simple at this time. We arent ready, and some elected puppet isnt going to force people to be ready!

When we're ready we can learn karate and chokeholds but we as individuals still require the 2nd amendment, even if it only saves one life. Because bad people arent necessarily worried about laws, nor breaking them!
edit on 0522x6705America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on 2622x6726America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

This nation should never ban firearms, as the purpose of that right is not to defend ourselves from crazy people, but instead allow the people to uproot tyrannical government.

While I don't agree with the nutbag Right-Wing that Obama and the Left are coming for our guns, I can agree that we need to protect the 2nd as passionately as we can.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This nation should never ban firearms, as the purpose of that right is not to defend ourselves from crazy people, but instead allow the people to uproot tyrannical government.

While I don't agree with the nutbag Right-Wing that Obama and the Left are coming for our guns, I can agree that we need to protect the 2nd as passionately as we can.

Government is atop the list within the phrase 'bad people' that I used.

Public enemy #1

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What does Right or Left, have to do with our Constitutional rights? You had to throw your typical "nutbag Right wing" jab, but then you turn around and say we have to protect the 2nd. We have to protect all of our freedoms and LEFT OR RIGHT, when ANY of those in charge infringe on ANY of those rights, it should not be a partisan issue!!!

Talk about religious nut jobs? I see more political nut jobs interfering with my freedom and liberty than any religious organization!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There is no single reason for the second amendment.

It was the founders version of the swiss army knife.

It has multiple uses.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What does Right or Left, have to do with our Constitutional rights?

Because both sides are very selective in what rights they find sacred.

The Left likes to talk about the dangers of the 2nd amendment and the Right likes to talk about taking away the rights of women and homosexuals. Both sides are hypocritical.

I brought in the "Nutbag" statement because there are many on this thread that are taking Obama's comments to an illogical conclusion.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It has multiple uses.

Then you have never read the constitution. There is only one purpose of the militia and the 2nd amendment. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It has multiple uses.

Then you have never read the constitution. There is only one purpose of the militia and the 2nd amendment. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Yeah I have read it.

Here LETS QUOTE IT.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

It's talking about TWO separate but EQUAL things there.

A militia, and the right of the people.

BOTH being necessary to the security of a FREE state.

Without arms a militia can not exist.

Who is gonna protect miliamens families when they are off to fighting a 'war'.

People would be.

So the second amendment WAS NOT about just 'militias'.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So you're admitting our current form of corrupt government is a farce, but yet you constantly support one side over the other?

Explain!

Of course it's corrupt. Look at these guys:

Do they look ill at ease among one another? The only one missing is Reagan.Then keep in mind what Jimmy Carter said on The Thom Hartmann show

Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president. And the same thing applies to governors and U.S. senators and congress members. So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over. … The incumbents, Democrats and Republicans, look upon this unlimited money as a great benefit to themselves. Somebody’s who’s already in Congress has a lot more to sell to an avid contributor than somebody who’s just a challenger.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It has multiple uses.

Didn't you say you gave "Many" speeches to different militia's before on ATS?

Name them! All of the ones I know of other than Oath Keepers have been shut down by the Feds.

So it seems you are talking a bunch of smack, when you say we need to respect the 2nd yet it doesn't apply to citizens not in a militia!

So enlighten me on all of these militia groups you have given speeches to!

Name these militia's buddy! Because if they are militia's they are already registered with their state, so name em!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Star for you! Can't argue with that picture!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Just did a VERY LIMITED "Background Check".

Cannot find the existence of a "Chris Harper Mercer" (Granted I only checked in Oregon, Could have been out of state, Or in Ireland)

www.intelius.com...

Would appreciate everyone else helping me look the more eyes on this the better.. I can only do so much I only have the 2!

I am not suggesting people where not killed and this was made up I suspect this is the Fall guy probably lives in Ireland if he supports the IRA... In before Chris Harper Mercer is still alive...

Obama wants to Publicize Mass shootings, What does he mean give killers Go-Pros ? ( HE MADE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE THE BODIES WHERE COLD AND THEIR FAMILIES TOLD)

Why was the shooter executing Christians? The witnesses say he asked people if they where Christian if yes they got shot in the head if no shot in the leg and told to leave.

He did not say "What is your religion" then open fire.

edit on 1-10-2015 by Gestas because: Anyone smell that ?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

Lol, wake up USA. I'm from Canada and in Quebec we have only 1 killing that result of 3 dead, this year.

In USA 294, this years. ( And this stats, only count 4 dead or more, we didnt "reach" that toll dead here this year in 1 killing )

But you are all doom in USA, 350 millions gun.... 1 per person... lol, you cannot go back... Obama is just ashame of your refusal.

Until a High-Tech non-lethal better and easier to use then gun will come out. USA is doom as hell.

AND you are the only "Advance" country that this happen monthly... Even Dayly as the washington stats show...

But eh, you seem to perfer gun then innoncent deads. Even kids deads are worth your guns that fire 1 bullet per second with a 30magazine... xD America is so weird as HELL...

+ I HATE when you defend the owning of a AR semi-automatic. Because the gouvernement could turn against the population .... You are a "Advance country", not Syria...

BUT i admit Donald Trump might be winning xD... This guy could turn gun on you i admit xD... You are so doom it's just funny now to see as a Outsider.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join