It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria conflict: US says Russian air strikes 'indiscriminate'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Russia has said it is targeting Islamic State (IS) and other militant groups but the Syrian opposition and others have suggested rebel factions opposed to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad - the Kremlin's ally - are bearing the brunt of the attacks.

Syria conflict: US says Russian air strikes 'indiscriminate'

OK - so Russia has started its long signaled strikes......but apparently it's not directed solely against IS ....in fact western analysis suggests that none of the strikes are anywhere near ANY IS strongholds (see the map at het article)!!

Russia has itself admitted that it is not just striking IS:

The Russian defence ministry initially said the first wave of strikes targeted only the jihadist group, Islamic State (IS), which controls large parts of Syria and is fighting both government and rebel forces.

The following day, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov clarified that the air campaign was targeting "all terrorists" in Syria, and not just IS. His ministry said a report by the Syrian Civil Defence rescue organisation of 33 civilian deaths on the first day of the air strikes was "false".

But the US and its allies noted that the strikes took place where IS had little or no presence. They instead appeared to be aimed at rebels backed by Gulf Arab and Western states who are advancing on Latakia province - the coastal heartland of Mr Assad's Alawite sect. At least one group that has been armed and trained by the CIA was hit, US officials said.
- source

So - 2 questions immediately arise: Will the west "defend" it's "moderate Syrian allies" against Russian attacks??

And

2/ Why doesn't Russia target the terrorists in eastern Ukraine

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Looks like the pot and the kettle.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Why doesn't Russia target the terrorists in eastern Ukraine

You mean those nazi's the west were funding to cause & stir up trouble in the lead up to the elections? Haha, I'm sure Russia knows that despite the fact they're nazi's, they're still Ukranian.

Will the west "defend" it's "moderate Syrian allies" against Russian attacks??

I doubt it, they've been trying to oust Assad for ages, and don't fall for the ISIS crap, if the Americans were really trying to get rid of them, they've failed miserably hence why the Russians have now stepped in.

It's also hilarious that the U.S. accuses Russia of bombing indiscriminately, like they haven't killed plenty of civilians before, so why give a crap now? Maybe it's because Russia are doing a better job at eliminating their targets.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Why doesn't Russia target the terrorists in eastern Ukraine

You mean those nazi's the west were funding to cause & stir up trouble in the lead up to the elections? Haha, I'm sure Russia knows that despite the fact they're nazi's, they're still Ukranian.

no - I mean those Nazi's shipped by Russia into Ukraine to destabilize a supposedly friendly state they had previously guaranteed never to invade.

I doubt it, they've been trying to oust Assad for ages, and don't fall for the ISIS crap, if the Americans were really trying to get rid of them, they've failed miserably hence why the Russians have now stepped in.

Except the Russians aren't doing anything at all to ISIS - and have admitted such.

It's also hilarious that the U.S. accuses Russia of bombing indiscriminately, like they haven't killed plenty of civilians before, so why give a crap now? Maybe it's because Russia are doing a better job at eliminating their targets.

Maybe it's because the Russians are lying even more than as everyone else and are even less interested in solving anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Exactly, but more than likely because Russia doesn't hamstring their troops with ridiculous rules of engagement like our US politicians like to do. Russian troops will be effective and won't worry about the messy part of war. After all, it is war!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Textno - I mean those Nazi's shipped by Russia into Ukraine to destabilize a supposedly friendly state they had previously guaranteed never to invade.

I obviously don't share the same news sources as you and as far as I'm aware Russia still hasn't invaded the Ukraine

(post by Aloysius the Gaul removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Exactly, but more than likely because Russia doesn't hamstring their troops with ridiculous rules of engagement like our US politicians like to do. Russian troops will be effective and won't worry about the messy part of war. After all, it is war!

Sure......Russian troops are so effective....

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Booom!

CNN Blunder: The U.S. and ISIS are working together in Syria

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Putin says Russia has invaded Ukraine - are you calling your boss a liar?

My boss? So paranoid, aren't we?Haha

I'm a neutral citizen and obviously I just understand the world better than you, for if you understood the world properly, you would notice that in no part of that article does it say ''Russia has invaded the Ukraine'' and also for your info, Russia had an agreement with the Ukraine for an allowance of 25,000 troops to be stationed there long before the invasion fiction was being touted.

I have more respect for Russia than I do the U.S. for good reason, the U.S. is a global clusterf*ck.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Winston Churchill

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Finally! The msm is finally giving us real news.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You are not neutral - you are a puppet.

Yeah right, either way the Russians did not invade Ukraine as they were still already there.

Which goes to show how much better the US is at clusterf**king than Russia - Russia can only manage a local clusterf**k.

Worryingly, I do wonder if some in charge of the U.S. global military do revel in destroying other countries.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Putin explained what ISIS was at the Valdai International Discussion Club in 2014.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Man he's got a lot of balls...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A terrorist is a terrorist, bomb them all, why because they are terrorists.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Those are Americas terrorists...the good terrorists

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
A point. The airstrikes just started. Their going to judge Russia's actions on 1 air strike.

Hopefully soon they will deal with ISIS.

This isn't going to be easy...war is hell and ugly and is a last resort of sane men but ISIS like the NAZIS should be confronted.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join