It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 People Killed, More Than 20 Injured in Oregon College Shooting: Preliminary Report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College in Oregon on Thursday morning, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate. The reports indicate that the shooter has been detained, Fugate said.

Original post:

Authorities were “responding to reports of an active shooter” Thursday morning at the campus of Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, a sheriff’s spokesman said.

10 People Killed, More Than 20 Injured in Oregon College Shooting: Preliminary Report

This is taking place in rural Oregon - Umpqua Community College.

Don't have much opinion at this point. Not much information coming out of the news so far. They have someone in custody, but haven't given much else. Lots of information on CNN regarding "shelter in place."

According to CNN it's moved to no longer being "active shooter" situation. Also, according to CNN ATF officers are in the area (Oregon) and are in route to the shooting.

The weapon and motive are currently still not being reported or known.

Local/regional news link from Oregonlive.com
edit on 1-10-2015 by WCmutant because: Adding local link

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ugh...new reports of up to 15 dead already. I don't get why these maniacs go to schools to kill....

RIP innocent souls.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here's a live stream -

CNNgo

Ugh

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Pre-existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like we posted at nearly the same time. His is 1:33pm and I'm 1:34pm. We probably both searched and began our posts.

Best thing might be for the Mods to move his to Breaking News and close mine, as it really does belong in breaking news.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Ugh...new reports of up to 15 dead already. I don't get why these maniacs go to schools to kill....

It's safer.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

So sad...Roseburg is about an hour and 30 minutes from where I live. Will be following this story closely. Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
And this is EXACTLY why I carry my Gaurdog Backpack and .40 to college (Community College) classes. Praying for survival and hoping for less injuries/casualties. They are just now starting to clear.

edit on 1-10-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Because there is no threat to stop them there. They could go to a mall, or a sporting event... but those places are crawling with people with guns!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I remember the days when this would be massive news, 24 hour rolling reports and stuff.

Bet it's not even a main headline by this time tomorrow.

Sad times really.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
And this is EXACTLY why I carry my Gaurdog Backpack and .40 to college (Community College) classes. Praying for survival and hoping for less injuries/casualties. They are just now starting to clear.

Well lets hope you don't lose the plot suddenly one day.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

originally posted by: starviego
Pre-existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like we posted at nearly the same time. His is 1:33pm and I'm 1:34pm. We probably both searched and began our posts.

Best thing might be for the Mods to move his to Breaking News and close mine, as it really does belong in breaking news.

I say keep your thread open.. I like this one better, it's quieter..

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99

Because there is no threat to stop them there. They could go to a mall, or a sporting event... but those places are crawling with people with guns!

It also happens in countries where people don't regularly carry guns so please dont start with the pro gun agenda stuff.

I seriously doubt that anyone goes into a school shooting and expects to live at the end of it. At least not in the US.

There are many serious papers written on the subject and i dont think any of them come to the conclusion "Because there is no threat to stop them there".
edit on 1-10-2015 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja
a reply to: WCmutant

So sad...Roseburg is about an hour and 30 minutes from where I live. Will be following this story closely. Thanks for posting.

I'd love to hear any information you have on this event. What happened sucks, but I have no doubt there will be skeptics and doubters alike. It sucks that we have to scrutinize these events, but I think it's in our best interest. Having someone so close to it can provide useful information to expose it as a conspiracy or solidify the facts provided by the MSM.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99

It also happens in countries where people don't regularly carry guns so please dont start with the pro gun agenda stuff.

I seriously doubt that anyone goes into a school shooting and expects to live at the end of it. At least not in the US.

There are many serious papers written on the subject and i dont think any of them come to the conclusion "Because there is no threat to stop them there".

You miss the point that is being made. The threat to stop them would lead to a quicker response time and less dead. I agree that shooters don't necessary look to live beyond the event. However, there are people (police officers, guards, etc) that present a problem to a shooter from carrying out their plan.

So, the point is very valid.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think it's high time to add a U.S. Mass Shootings forum.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg

Not a bad idea, but it straddles the fence of many current forums - like General Conspiracy and Posse Commitatus. The trends are interesting overall and it seems to be a strange one, from a social and statistical point of view.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Reportedly a bunch of people gave advice on how better to kill people in response to the on-line warning.......is that prima fasciae evidence for them being part of a conspiracy to murder???

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Well let's hope you are not the next one to go nuts and/or shoot yourself.....which is much more likely to happen than you saving anyone!!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg

Sadly, yes.

During the Batman and Sandy Hook shootings it was discussed here (before I was a member) that collective national thinking could actually cause events to happen. That's why they happened after drills and such. Anyone have more info on that? I can't find it now. It aligns with quantum mind theory is why I'm interested. Any action starts with a thought and what if the collective thoughts finally are realized as a shooter in real life?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join