It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So far how is everyone voting in the EU referendum ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Three years ago I was very Pro EU. Now I just see it as a failure and cant wait until 2017 so I can vote out for the UK.

My family will vote out.

Thirty five out of thirty five of my friends and colleagues I have asked so far are Voting out.

A village near me that tends to be pro labour voted tory because Millipede was to much of a coward to give them a voice as THEY want to vote out.

It seems were I am the UK wants out!

How does ATS stand?

edit on 1-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Honestly I'm on the fence, with a foot in the ''out'' camp right now. I'm not sure how much that will change till 2017, if we do get a referendum.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Do you think it matters how we vote lmao

We WILL be staying in.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Honestly I'm on the fence, with a foot in the ''out'' camp right now. I'm not sure how much that will change till 2017, if we do get a referendum.

At the rate things are going I think you will gravitate more into the out camp.

That is what happened to me. I did not go from pro EU to anti over night.

Every day we stay in the EU seems to be another day the bureaucrats in the Brussels and Germany does something more to screw things up.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

Do you think it matters how we vote lmao

We WILL be staying in.

If the UK votes out and we dont exit I predict some very very very nasty riots.

I would predict a UKIP win or worse in the next election too if they go against what the people say.

The conservatives have backed themselves into a corner on this.

Why do you think millipede was such a coward and was willing to lose so many votes in the GE rather than give the people a voice? It was because he knew if he gave a referendum he would have to stick to its results.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I think you're right, that's what's happened so far with me, couple years ago I could have given a straight answer, and it would have been to stay.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What does it matter either way?

Briton already reneged and refused to take on the euro as a currency, so its not like your really apart of the EU anyway.

You can never trust a brit. The quicker we get rid of the commonwealth, the better, as far as I'm concerned. The EU should probably adopt the same mentality, if they know whats good for them.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

A mild interjection that may seem off-topic.

I believe your move out of the EU due to Brussels , et al, and those potential riots you refer to are very similar to the right's views in the U.S.. I.E. the increased centralization of power. In the U.S. via the federal gov't in the EU with this new 'over-gov't'.

More gathering of power, more bureaucracy imposed on a larger and larger population that discounts regional diversity.

Just a thought....

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

A mild interjection that may seem off-topic.

I believe your move out of the EU due to Brussels , et al, and those potential riots you refer to are very similar to the right's views in the U.S.. I.E. the increased centralization of power. In the U.S. via the federal gov't in the EU with this new 'over-gov't'.

More gathering of power, more bureaucracy imposed on a larger and larger population that discounts regional diversity.

Just a thought....

That pretty much sums up why I will be voting out.

It just doesn't work on that scale.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Makes no difference in or out.

So I won't be wasting my time voting.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Makes no difference in or out.

So I won't be wasting my time voting.

I would say it will make a HUGE difference.

It means being being tied down to a sinking ship or not.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think you aught to look more closely at the make up of british industries before you isolate us from Europe.
Take one of the biggest banks, Lloyds. You think Lloyds is british, think again. It's owned by Santander which is a Spanish company. A more crucial industry to everyone, nuclear generation. We are more and more dependant on nuclear power. Who owns the reactors? An english company EDF? No ,no it is fully owned by Electricite de France. Which to you is the French nationalised power industry.
There are loads of European companies that own some of Britains large industries. Now how in gods name are we as a nation are we able to have any control over these European companies if we are out of the EU.
I wont go into what Nissan, Honda and Toyota would do if we left the EU as they use us as a stepping stone to get their vehicles into Europe. We can not survive in isolation, we must be multi-national as banki9ng and industries ARE multi- national.
If you really want some-one to blame look to your MEPs. I know our MEP a conservative (through her own words and actions) is ACTIVELY causing disruptions in the EU parliament because she wants us out of the EU.
Now how in hell is she fighting for a better deal for UK citizens if she's busy trying to get us out.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

So what who 'owns' them? Are they going to shut down those plants due to departing from the union and lose those profits?

Hardly likely. Those same companies likely own assets outside the union as well.

Then there's the likely domino effect, if the U.K. opts out, the chances that others will follow suit increases dramatically. Especially those that suffer most from continuing this 'union'.

In any event, this may not get to a vote. At the rate that nations are building fences, again, the whole thing could collapse on the refugee issue alone. I hesitate using the 'straw on the camel's back' line as that issue is far larger in consequence than a 'straw'.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Exactly.

The market will still be there. Business will go on. Leaving the EU does not mean the UK market suddenly drys up only the no one on the continent can exert political influence over us!

Hell even if a few EU company's bugger off it just means a open slot in the market for UK citizens to take over.

The EU does not work.

The UK and France have always be politically central

Germany leans abit left to center

Eastern Europe that leans right of center.

Denmark and Sweden are pretty left

And Spain, Italy and Greece ? Well who the hell knows what the # they are even when they are not being corrupt.

And with the exception of Greece, Italy and Spain plus the poorer eastern European country's most of us worked quite well until we all were forced into a big mess of a union that has conflicting ideology's.

edit on 1-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
Well I'll first ask a question and answer it. Why do you think that the Far East companies built their factories in the UK knowing we are an island and they would have to cross the water to get to Europe? Answer beacuase no European country would let them in because the wanted to protect their own industries. The only way for them into Europe at that time was through France and france was playing their usual game. They were letting them in but only ten cars per day.
These companies wont pull out you say? Just look to the north to the steel industry, decimates because a Far East company didn't like the small profit margin.
As for the European companies (if we were not in the EU) they certainly would not pull out they could just up the price.
I'll give you another prediction. Cameron will shout his mouth about Russia bombing in Syria but he will do nothing about it. Why? Because it's comming up to winter and where do you think virtually all our gas comes from (please don't say fracking)? Whoops it just happens to come from Russia.
I'll say again you can't play the game if you aint on the pitch.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Most people I know, including myself want out.

It's not about migration for me though. It's about the unelected law makers, aka The Commissioners.

The Euro M.P's are quite powerless and in my opinion toothless, it's all a bad experiment gone wrong with the Gemans being the most powerful and brokers of all sorts of E.U deals.

Cameron will get nothing from the E.U with the exception of a few concessions on employment law. Will that be enough to convince people to stay?

Hint: Absolutely not!!
edit on 1/10/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I won't be voting. I never have so my opinion is not valid etc. etc. but here it is anyway........I think the referendum is just political posturing against the rest of the EU and lip service for the British voter.

I think the result will be in favour of leaving.

Nothing will change. I seriously doubt we'd leave off the back of it. Our leaders are all mouth and no trousers when it cones to the EU.

The British will react with disappointed apathy and be too busy going to work to pay the bills to riot. Riot? Seriously? Who has time? The unemployed are probably the only ones with the time and energy and most them probably wouldn't bother.
edit on 1-10-2015 by HumberWarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2015 by HumberWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think you aught to look more closely at the make up of british industries before you isolate us from Europe.
Take one of the biggest banks, Lloyds. You think Lloyds is british, think again. It's owned by Santander which is a Spanish company. A more crucial industry to everyone, nuclear generation. We are more and more dependant on nuclear power. Who owns the reactors? An english company EDF? No ,no it is fully owned by Electricite de France. Which to you is the French nationalised power industry.
There are loads of European companies that own some of Britains large industries. Now how in gods name are we as a nation are we able to have any control over these European companies if we are out of the EU.
I wont go into what Nissan, Honda and Toyota would do if we left the EU as they use us as a stepping stone to get their vehicles into Europe. We can not survive in isolation, we must be multi-national as banki9ng and industries ARE multi- national.
If you really want some-one to blame look to your MEPs. I know our MEP a conservative (through her own words and actions) is ACTIVELY causing disruptions in the EU parliament because she wants us out of the EU.
Now how in hell is she fighting for a better deal for UK citizens if she's busy trying to get us out.

Santander do not own Lloyds. Lloyds is part of the Lloyds banking corporation, they are British and going nowhere. Santander bought out Alliance and Leicester Group, which owned Abbey National. Those banking institutes are no longer with us, but Santander will not pull out of the U.K, unless ordered to, and they potentially could be.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumberWarrior
Riot? Seriously? Who has time? The unemployed are probably the only ones with the time and energy and most them probably wouldn't bother.

Many found time in 2011.......

Anyway it would be political suicide. Unlike the USA we dont have a two party state. If they ignore the referendum the public could end up ditching the establishment party's and voting UKIP.... or Worse......

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumberWarrior
I won't be voting. I never have so my opinion is not valid etc. etc. but here it is anyway........I think the referendum is just political posturing against the rest of the EU and lip service for the British voter.

I think the result will be in favour of leaving.

Nothing will change. I seriously doubt we'd leave off the back of it. Our leaders are all mouth and no trousers when it cones to the EU.

The British will react with disappointed apathy and be too busy going to work to pay the bills to riot. Riot? Seriously? Who has time? The unemployed are probably the only ones with the time and energy and most them probably wouldn't bother.

Or not bothering to vote? That is the most apathetic of actions, I know because where I live, me and most of my fellow citizens did not vote in the Mayoral election in Bristol. Around 80% of the population did not turn up to vote and we were left with a right Turkey.

Never again; I will always vote from here on in, I have so much regret for not voting, but having voted against a Mayor in the first place, I felt hypocritical. But I have pondered it over the last few years, and all I really did was cut my nose off to spite my face.
edit on 1/10/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join