It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia launches airstrikes on ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I placed this post here because I truly feel this may be the very first attempt at fighting against terrorism. Vladimir Putin has launched a precision air strike (also recorded and released the footage) on certain areas of Syria that have the White House very confused.

The strikes were carried out by eight Russian SU-24 and SU-25 jets, which claimed to hit ISIS "terrorist staff" and an ammunition dump near Idlib and another headquarters in Hama.

But 24 hours into the military campaign, Russia's aims started to come into clearer focus -- that it is targeting those who oppose al-Assad, including more moderate factions that are supported by the United States and others in the west.

As much as Russia is working against terrorist groups, it appears to be intent on supporting the Assad regime.

Russia Strikes Al-Assad's Enemies

This excerpt suggests that the Russians are mistaken. The U.S. feels Al-Assad needs to go But, Russia seems to be supporting The Syrian army. The U.S. has been supporting Syrian rebels which now makes this attack by Russia... Extremely interesting.

The plan is for them to return to their towns and villages and be able to specifically defend them against ISIS. However, U.S. officials are aware, they say, of the risk that some of the trained fighters could decide to take their weapons and fight the Assad regime which is not the goal of the training.

Hmmm... Acknowledging the awareness of the consequences of your actions should usually lead to better decision making but, no. We see right through the schemes. They Are doing the same thing we always do.

We have been supporting Al Qaeda.. I mean.. ISIS.

Every time we "SUPPORT" the "REBELS" we are supporting terrorists. If we feel the need to get involved we should support that nations monarch and assist them in establishing control over their own country not assist the rebels in a bloody greco-roman power struggle.

Theres not a doubt about it. Russia sees things for what they really are. They even went out of their way and released the footage of the precision airstrikes as if to mock the suggestion that they attackted that area mistakenly. MSM seem to have the idea that Isis only operates in the northern area but, if isis is in the northern area and they also dislike Al-Assad and the "REBELS" are in the south and also dislike al-assad..

WHO TF ARE WE SUPPORTING???

US sends Rebel Support

Too bad for all the friends the US has been arming. Looks like theres a new sherif in town.

Russia Releases Video of Airstrikes

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: zinuru
A new Cold War? Of the first proxy wars between these two nations in some time. Unless you consider the Ukraine situation the first in a while. Regardless, very interesting things may be about to happen.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

US has never supported Assad why would they start now? The only support Assad has ever had was through Russia. Honestly this is actually prolonging the war helping Assad since he was getting really desperate losing 75% of of the country to rebels and ISIS fighters.

No matter what side you are for in this horrible situation for Syrians

Assad wins he becomes even more entrenched with Russian weapons and bases continuing an even longer dictatorship

Or the rebels win and the country becomes unstable leaving ISIS the opportunity to leech into government

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

No matter what side you are for in this horrible situation for Syrians

Assad wins he becomes even more entrenched with Russian weapons and bases continuing an even longer dictatorship

Go to this thread here where I posted three interviews with president Assad by the BBC, USA television and RT - you get his answers to three different interested parties.

Watch and learn for yourself. Assad is highly intelligent and is not the monster dictator that the MSM have portrayed him to be. Syria is an independent thinking nation who answers only to their own conscience yes. Ruled by a brutal uncaring dictator, no.

He even tells how some of the opposition groups have realised they were fighting against the wrong thing and have either joined the Syrian army or are fighting with it now in the RT interview, which is also the latest one.
edit on 1-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Said every brutal dictator ever. CNN BBC RT pick your propaganda poison

Assad has done all those horrible things and im sure he's intelligent I never said he wasn't

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I do not sleep well at night knowing that the country I call home, Australia, is part of the 'coalition' activity in Syria.

What we are doing is wrong, It is immoral. It has this far only helped groups like ISIS and El Nusra grow in strength amongst the chaos.

Assad talks about how ISIS is working - Saudi Arabia is funding it, along with others like the US via funding other rebel groups who are adding fuel to the fire. Basically ISIS et al are actively recruiting people from around the world and as Assad puts it, have an endless supply of fighters coming in to the country.

The coalition needs to back off now at the very least. I would hope that countries like mine that were lured into helping the coalition see the truth and start dialogue with the Syrian government and join the Russian initiative.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Said every brutal dictator ever. CNN BBC RT pick your propaganda poison

Assad has done all those horrible things and im sure he's intelligent I never said he wasn't

Have you lived in Syria?

Do you know anyone there?

What do you base your opinion on? MSM reportings? Our media in Australia has told us NOTHING about Assad, just that America wants him gone and that he has supposedly committed many human rights abuses without naming them or showing any form of proof.

How come the refugees flooding through into Europe are not chanting 'death to Assad'?
edit on 1-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
GOOD...finally somebody hits ISIS...
the west only bombing assad's troops
Turkey only the koerds (who are fichting ISIS)
shame that the russians stands alone hitting isis... a reply to: zinuru

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The honest truth is that we have no buisness stepping on Assad's toes for the same reasons we had no buisness in Libya. The U.S. just want someone in power in syria that will cooperate with their agenda.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What what I hear they ARENT bombing ISIS , they are hitting targets that oppose Assad, thats not the same thing......

That includes rebels that have nothing to do with ISIS

I feel there is much more to this story then what people want to believe....

This helps give Russia a pipeline to Sea Port for oil........they are having large issues with Petrol right now...

Just like any other large nation, there is more behind this other than just being the "Hero Fighter against ISIS"

Something here doesnt add up

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I dunno where do you get your opinions? Australian MSM? So I'm an ignorant propaganda slave just because I don't think its crazy to think that Assad might just be as much of a brutal dictator as the west claims? I mean countless videos can be found if you look into the deep corners of the internet

And no like my last post points out I don't get my news from the MSM

why does everyone get so upset and find it so unbelievable that Assad is a brutal tyrant. Syria is gonna be a horrible place even if the Russians help Assad win the civil war.

I'm sure he will have some fair elections as soon as he wins

new topics

top topics

join