It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Syrian air war thread....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

This is what concerns me. Neither the US nor Russia will back off. Can anyone make them both back off? Does anybody have that authority?

Sanction the U.S.?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I was going to call on the God of Abraham, to fix this mess, but I realized its His fault in the first place.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Russia is naive to think ISIS will just roll over and allow Assad to take back much of the country. They better be in it for the long haul with massive Russian ground troops because this is gonna turn into a house to house battle for Syria. Airstrike won't work and desperate rebels are gonna join up with ISIS

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
By the way, does anybody know where the USS Ohio and the USS Nevada are? Might come in handy.

I could tell you were a few Royal Navy ships are and were certain other units are.

But loose lips sink ships

I will guess the US Navy will be nearby.
edit on 1-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Assad is gathering his Allies to fight a ground war, but Russia is supposed to be only by air. At least for this minute.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The U.S. failure was after the successful removal of the Soviets was allowing a 'power vacuum'. That was the main cause. NOT the U.S. support of the Taliban. FAC

The failure was supporting them in the first place. The only reason we were there was because we wanted to screw with the SU and force our dominance.

Your compulsion to put the U.S. as THE source of the ME ills is flat out exaggeration.

No, it's right there in the history books for all to see.

The point of this thread is the current situation, where it could go and the solutions to it. Not finger pointing like children screaming "he started it".

Can we agree the set-up as it stands in Syria- is fraught with danger and start there?

My very first post in this thread pointed-out why I believe we should let Russia, Iran and Syria do what they wish and we need to get the hell out of there. The reason I posted what the US has done in the past is because it has been incidents of conflict, like the current situation in Syria, that we have gotten involved in that have backfired on us.

We don't need to be involved and we need to stop aiding/arming these militant groups that are trying to overthrow governments, like how we did in 1953 Iran.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Assad doesn't have any real allies except for maybe Iran and possibly Turkey. Thats why Russia is all of sudden building up a military presence because Assad was losing horribly

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So your saying we should have allowed the Soviets to conquer and occupy Afghanistan without recourse?

Please clarify the logic of that.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Iran, Iraq, Hezbollah, and some Afghans as well as Syria, didnt see any mention of Turkey. Israel is sweating bullets. Too close for comfort.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yea maybe Hezbollah. Afghans are busy with the Taliban and Iraq is busy fighting ISIS in Iraq

The only nation capable of saving Assad is Russia

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ratsinacage
i dont care what russia has or has not done.....i care what america is doing to support radical islam/militants who are running around killing every christian they find and setting up prostitution rings. these people are the scum and filth of the earth.

Sure Russia good. US bad. Get real.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I predict that a Russian plane or SAM will down a Western ( Not necessarily USA ) Aircraft
within the next couple of weeks.

This is Putin’s style.. He will be betting that no western leader will take the chance of
retaliation against the Russians..

He will do this to show that he's on top...

Just my opinion... lets see if I’m right about Putin .

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I'm betting SAM. That way if it does happen Putin can blame it on the Syrians after his SA-300s get wiped out.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

This is what concerns me. Neither the US nor Russia will back off. Can anyone make them both back off? Does anybody have that authority?

No.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I see Russia and Iran putting on their big boys pants and doing the hard work helping an ally...

America on the other hand is putting on a wig and skirt and preening her self in the mirror claiming she is the bell of the ball and everybody must do as she says....

oohh dear...there are some counties ignoring her......

bad Russia and Iran for helping a friend....

good America for wanting to control every nation on this planet through what ever underhanded and destructive way that she can.....

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It's pretty simple, really. It was none of our business and we should have stayed out of it. But we didn't. We got involved, armed and trained Muslims and continued to stick our noses in their business, while trying to control (overthrow) their governments.

If you believe in the sovereignty of nations and the principle of freedom, you would understand that we had no place getting involved in Afghanistan even if the Russians were poised to conquer the country.

We're doing the same thing in Syria by sticking our noses where it doesn't belong and arming/training radicals.

So when will we learn from history?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
who gave the U.S. the right to decided which foreign leaders can stay and which have to go?

How would the U.S. react if another country decided that Obama had to resign and they started funding and arming rebels within the U.S. to destabilize the country?

regardless of what the U.S. thinks of assad it`s the people of Syria who are a lot worse off now than they were before the U.S. started meddling.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Actually, the U.S. didn't start this mess in Syria. They surely have added to it....

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Unfortunately for you, what is or is not our business isn't your call....or mine. Deal with it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Unfortunately for you, what is or is not our business isn't your call....or mine. Deal with it.

That's true. I have no choice but to deal with what happens. At the same time, I do not have to be a cheerleader for war, as you hinted at in your OP.

I'd only ask that you look in to history, what consequences our actions have had, and reconsider your position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join