It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA-backed rebels, civilians reportedly targeted by Russian airstrikes in Syria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Its all in plain site, links within the article…

Global Research

Ah yes the Russian parroting site with well known anti west views...

Now when you said links I thought that would mean different sources...not the same one.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Who is obfuscating when France bombs children ?

So does Assad with his little barrel bombing campaign.

SO why no uproar about that?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while.

RT discussing propaganda...yet that is what they are used for by the Kremlin.

What will they come up with next?

At least they are forthcoming about what they are up to. They don't hide behind gentle euphemisms, they just go in and do it.

The don't need to hide, after all they are helping a Sovereign nation defend its territory from an insurgency secretly backed by the US government. The CIA trains, funds and sneaks fighters and arms across the turkish border, the US military bombs targets in Syria, claiming they are fighting a 'war on Terror", but really the ultimate goal is to regime change Syria, replacing the legitimate government with a western puppet.

You believe anything you want to about US covert operations, the Russians have been honest about supporting the Syrians all along. Now they are announcing their direct involvement to stop the insurgents at Syria's request.

Not much to complain about is there?

US: Hey, wait a minute, they can't do that, Syria is ours!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So does Assad with his little barrel bombing campaign.

SO why no uproar about that?

The Syrian army doesn't have the right to defend its country within its own borders?

US military's 7000 sorties make the Syrian barrel bombs shrink to insignificance.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The Syrian army doesn't have the right to defend its country within its own borders?

So it's okay for Syria to defend itself by killing civilians, but it's not okay for Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The real grass roots revolt by Syrians

That didn't work so well did it?

was hijacked by outside agitators the way the CIA always begins subversion of targeted countries.

Or asked for help knowing that a grass route approach would never work against the Syrian government...especially when the government has a bit of an advantage, as they don't care who dies as long as the problem is handled.

But you can compare how bad Assad is with human rights in his own country all day, to other countries who's sole occupation seems to be violating national sovereignty of whole other nations on a regular basis…

So then we can add Russia to that list?

Number of nations militarily invaded by Syria = 0.

Indiscriminate barrel bombing = killing of innocent men, women, and children.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Were did it all go wrong for Bashar..? They all used to be quite tight.

There's your proof right there the US is just a company. If you don't play their game they will have you excommunicated from the board. Just ask Saddam.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Sure but what threat were the children they indiscriminately bombed?

Did those kids shoot at the Syrian Army, did they plant bombs against the Syrian government...seems you are wanting to back the indiscriminate killing of kids because Syria wants to defend their country within it's own border...why?

Now justify that.

US military's 7000 sorties make the Syrian barrel bombs shrink to insignificance.

And you can prove that, or is this just more things you make up so you feel as though your right to back government that has no problem killing innocent civilians?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
lets all believe in and support the CIA backed rebels...

let us all believe in and support the CIA....

yeah the CIA...their you friends.....

American key board warriors....you are full of crap.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Uhoh. Although Russia has reported it has hit 12 ISIS targets in the last day, people on the ground are not confirming that. They are striking "nationalists" and reports of civilian casualties are starting to come in.

Oh no.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tri-lobe-1

Nay, let us all worship at the altar of Vladimir Vladimirovich, Our Lord and Savior, for verily, he was raised by the KGB and the KGB is the fount of all that is True and Good.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So Oh Dear! The naughty Russians bombed civilians and rebels backed by the CIA.

Firstly what is the CIA doing giving arms to rebels to fight a legitimately elected government? Isn't it about time the CIA and people like them involved in destroying a legitimately elected government were taken to task. They have damn nearly destroyed Syria - we have a huge refugee problem, thousands murdered and ISIS spreading islamic fundamentalism across the ME. Good work CIA all you have done is destroy yet another ME country yet no one is bothered except to worry about the Russians bombing your evil little fighters working for the CIA. You should''t be there in the first place and you should be done for war crimes. Would someone like to actually get down to the reason why Oinky and Obama think Assad should go. Has he caused as many wars as them? No - so we all know who should actually go.

Same goes for my government's pathetic involvement and its obviously about protecting some financiers interests. Oinky can target accurately two murderous little dinks in Syria but his efforts at stopping ISIS are a joke - because he has no intention of stopping ISIS. Neither do the Americans and that's what should be something else we all need to be questioning and asking for answers and prosecutions.

Interestingly Lavrov today in an interview in the USA which was very interesting. He made the point that the media, especially the official media - such as the UK's BBC and obviously the USA's etc were printing stories and pictures claimed to be about Russian Strikes - except the pictures were taken before the Russian strikes even began. So obviously the media has a vested interest in misleading and lying to us all to manipulate our opinions.

Does the media have to be licensed or can anyone set up a media station? If it needs a license perhaps a condition of the license should be that they tell the damn truth. Most of the presenters would choke as its something they haven't done for so long they would end up on the carpet. Sick of the whole lot of them and the dirty politics that are causing misery for so many.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
yeah sure...
what ever floats your boat...

though that opinion is probably very un American...naughty...naughty...a reply to: DJW001

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

"Verily" ha lol.

Here, watch some ISIS destruction from King Vlad's attack with helicopters and jets recently.

I can hear Ride of the Valkyries in the background. At least someone's doing something

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

At least they are forthcoming about what they are up to. They don't hide behind gentle euphemisms, they just go in and do it.

SO you have no problem with propaganda...that's good to know.

People who believe their every word make it easy for them to do.

You believe anything you want to about US covert operations, the Russians have been honest about supporting the Syrians all along.

Do you honestly think Russia isn't performing covert operations in Syria themselves?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
CIA backed rebels = terrorists, so Russia is cleaning up America's dirty work.

Any civilians caught up in this are a terrible loss, but given that this is urban warfare, unavoidable.

ETA before I get attacked for being cold hearted toward civilians, I am just pointing out the brutal, ugly facts. Civilians are dying because this war is taking place on the streets of cities and people are getting trapped as sides move and fight.

If you believe in God, this is one place you want to be praying for peace to come to.

I can go with that, is it the same when American bombs kill civilians?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Why did it take Putin so long to go into Syria one has to wonder...

I am thinking this has less todo about Assad and more to do with Putin trying to change the channel of public perception of himself at home. It also offers a convenient excuse as to how Russia soldiers are dying in other theaters now that they can just say Syria.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yep. When civilians are not the primary target, they are a secondary casualty.

It's bad, it's awful and I hate it, but it does happen. It's the brutal reality of war in urban zones.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

It's bad, it's awful and I hate it, but it does happen. It's the brutal reality of war in urban zones.

Thank you. Now please go and post that on all the Ukraine and Israel threads.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I agree.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join