It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA-backed rebels, civilians reportedly targeted by Russian airstrikes in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Expand the war and fight the Syrian Army, ISIS and the Russians?

With "boots on ground", even.

Thats some plan.

Did I say fight the Russians? No, I didn't. I'd get the UNSC involved - UK, Russia, France etc and have them back the plan. Have the Russians on board.

The UK could easily take on the Syrian Army (what is left of it) and IS on they're own. If the civilised world got it's act together and did the above, the problem would be solved.

As it stands, the worlds response is disjointed and everyone is out for themselves. It needs a forceful, coordinated response.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So what?

CIA are likely just making things worse as always.

Bomb all the terrorists and let Allah sort out the "good" terrorists and "bad" Terrorists.

Everyone should be concentrating on getting syria back under central control even if it is under Assad and eradicating the Jihadists THEN get Assad to go,

Typical "long distance away leftty" diatribe...

We know you hate USA...we also know lefties wouldn't last 10 minutes on the front lines of Damascus.

Go ahead try to defend "barrel bombs" used on men, woman, and children by war criminal Assad.

You'll see when goes to the Hague for trial.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

And thank god you're incapable of forming a cogent response to a complicated situation and are instead sticking to the one line, asinine quips, Solo.

It would be a very dangerous situation indeed if you engaged all three brain cells and attempted a thought....

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Wash, rinse, repeat. Western Mantras aside, The US is responsible for training, arming and funding the insurgencies that are doing most of the killing in Syria.

Sorting them out is easy, all the Russians have to do is take aim at anyone shooting at the Syrians.

Honestly...

Those figures come from the NGO's on the ground. Dispute them if you want, but come up with some alternative sources not simply you're opinion.

"Non Government" sources, really? My opinion is backed up with more than the Unofficial, Official (NGO) story…

Its all in plain site, links within the article…

Global Research

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's the difference here - there are NO civilians left in Syria, they have all peacefully settled in Europe and elsewhere therefore only the terrorists (back by who gives a ship) are left and are open game. Vlad does what the political correction idiots in the US won't allow.

The reason being is that Vlad in Pres for life, in the US you have to please people to make it to the next 4 years.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

There are civilians left in Syria and to state there are none there seems to be a backhanded way of allowing Assad / Russian forces to kill anyone not supporting Assad.

If Assad is so popular then why didn't the civilians support Assad when this started?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Russia has stood by four years, letting the US muck about in Syria. Tactically brilliant, actually.

Now that the US has spent its ready stores making rubble piles of cities and towns, that is.

Now that most of the citizenry has left the troubled areas and become refugees,

Now the Russians and Syrians combined can focus on who's left, the insurgencies…

and how can the US complain, even? The Russians are fighting the enemy, "ISIS"…

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
My Lord.. Another poster saying there are no civilians left in Syria.

Really? is the best that people can do to somehow justify Assad's genocide of his own people?

I hate to break it to you guys but Syria has not had 25 million +/- Syrians flee the country.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Why aren't ISIL bombing or invading Israel? Has Israel got an agenda to claim a quarter of the middle east? Bombing isn't the answer in Syria, easy for rebels to stay close to civilians, it's time for the leaders to talk and not bomb, the rebel funding US is accountable for this situation, although I am dreaming that diplomacy will work giving that America is allied with Israel, physcopaths rule this world it's time for new leaders with a different agenda

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hahaha, righto....

"I don't believe "official/unofficial" sources, I do however place my 100% trust in a widely discredited media outlet which is known to blatantly lie and be so infused with bias it seeps out of it's nose".....

Just look at that authors previous articles: Tony Cartalucci

If that's what you're reading, it explains a lot about you.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You need to learn sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: leajay01

Contrary to what some around here will have you believe, much of the funding for the multiple rebel groups (as there is no single entity) has come from the Gulf Arab states who want Assad out of the way, not the US or the "West"

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If Assad is so popular then why didn't the civilians support Assad when this started? [/quot
He wouldn't still be in power with the Syrian people, the military, the insurgents and NATO all arrayed against him, now would he?

Despite every effort the west can come up with (Assad must go), he's still there. Shows he still enjoys the support of his people and the military.

The ones that think they can regime change another head of a legitimate government by subversion and guerrilla style warfare are the ones who are losing support.

link   

Yeap, i just knew it USA will start crying and howling how their backed terrorist gets blown in pieces for a change, they just try to keep last little shreds of their face in the public eyes when they "let Russians" join in party but now they does what they always does, cry for how wrong its in war that ppl will die horrible deaths... They got easy fix for it, stop backing them terrorist and either gtfo about Syria or start asking directions from Syrian government what to kill, instead running their own agendas killing and destroying the Syria.

link   

a reply to: stumason

Assad needs to go - it is estimated that he and his forces are responsible for 9/10 deaths in Syria and it is from him that most of the refugees are fleeing…

Wash, rinse, repeat. Western Mantras aside, The US is responsible for training, arming and funding the insurgencies that are doing most of the killing in Syria.

Sorting them out is easy, all the Russians have to do is take aim at anyone shooting at the Syrians.

Well the Russians better start shooting themselves then since, in case you have forgotten, the rebels are Syrians who want rid of the rather nasty little tyrant called Assad. But of course in order to understand that you have to listen to what is happending at source (Syrians DUH!!!) and go back and read the history of Syria. ATS is full of self praising BS that some people think is the absolute truth because it's ATS. You discover the truth by reading and cross referencing.

The Russians are there to get Assad back in control of the whole of Syria so you can be guaranteed they will target everyone and claim they are all IS and yet IS will be the last to fall....if ever. I suspect another Afghanistan for the Russians. If you really believe that the Russians are doing this for altruistic reasons and only targetting IS then you are in cloud cuckoo land.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Typical "long distance away leftty" diatribe...

You lost me at lefty......

This is not a left/right issue to make it one invalidates your neocon opinion.

And quiet frankly big war machines and starting fights = big government and big government = LEFT
Hence by that logic YOUR a lefty.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Because the Military are mostly staffed with Allawaite Officers and shia conscrits - the small enclaves he controls are all shia/Allawite area's.

It ain't rocket science to see why he has retained what little he has. As it stands though, he has lost over 75% of the country.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I am actually surprised Russia has not just sent in green brown men with no insignias to seize Tartus, hold a referendum and then just annex them into Russia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join