It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite kitchen implement?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Are you able to make raviolis with what you have? That's always a fun dish to make!

Yup! But I usually just roll out the pasta dough and cut the ravioli with the ravioli cutter. The attachment makes mini ravioli and it can be hard to use on your own.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Non-stick frying pans...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How do I load a picture?a reply to: CraftBuilder

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I bake.... A lot.

My Kitchen Aid stand mixer is my favorite prized piece in my kitchen. It is off limits to everyone but me.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This!

And these!

Ok I am lazy.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
I bake.... A lot.

My Kitchen Aid stand mixer is my favorite prized piece in my kitchen. It is off limits to everyone but me.

That is definitely a prize!

I'm jealous!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheridan91s
How do I load a picture?a reply to: CraftBuilder

Clock on the icon that looks like (V). You'll see an upload option. Open the link in a new window. Then you'll see your option [upload ^]. Click on that, and then click the window [upload files]. You can then upload the picture, then drag and drop a link to the thumbnail.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ninja blender makes fantastic hummus. And margaritas.

Oh but the Traeger smokes up awesome pork shoulder.

The J.H. Henckles cuts the thinnest pieces of pepperoni.

What's my favorite you ask? These things which make me forget about the grind for a little while.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That would have to be my 10-inch chef's knife. I bought it 15 years ago and it's quite a nimble beast. I'd truly be lost without it!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
I bake.... A lot.

YES! I finally treated myself to one about 2 years ago. It's a 5 1/5 qt with the bowl lift. That bad boy whips up the best cake frosting and bread/pastry doughs ever. With no aching arm on my part.
We call it "Mike"

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My Ka-Bar and a cast iron skillet.
I've lived in the woods for weeks with that combo.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My bargain basement, so old we don't know really what brand it is gas oven. The ignitor broke and I had my husband dismantle it and fix it. I am comfortable with my oven.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My fire extinguisher.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My cast iron cookware. Skillets, Dutch Oven, Griddle, etc. I've had them for.........for so long I can't remember how long I've had them. 25 years at least. I have several sizes and can make pretty much anything you want. I can bury the dutch oven in a hole with some hot coals and in a few hours, serve you a beef stew that would make you cry. With homemade biscuits.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have a knife that belonged to my great grandmother, and a cast iron skillet that belonged to my great, great grandmother. Both as sturdy as the day they were first used. I still use them oth,almost nightly. Definitely my favorites.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
My cast iron cookware. Skillets, Dutch Oven, Griddle, etc. I've had them for.........for so long I can't remember how long I've had them. 25 years at least. I have several sizes and can make pretty much anything you want. I can bury the dutch oven in a hole with some hot coals and in a few hours, serve you a beef stew that would make you cry. With homemade biscuits.

God damn you for that. That sounds amazing.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ceramic pans. No nastiness like teflon, and insanely easy to clean. I'm not a good enough cook to know how well or evenly they heat, but it seems better to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
They had these super slicer dicers at Costco last Christmas for $11.00.
It's definitely one of my favorite kitchen tools.

slicer dicer

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My cast iron skillet or my wine bottle opener. Depending how my day went.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A knife and a skillet are multipurpose instruments.
You can build a shelter, make rope, make traps, make a spear, grind seed to flour, make and hammer stakes, etc. with those two items.
Never venture into the wilderness without those two.
And bring a towel.
edit on 30-9-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join