It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limburgh: Water on Mars a NASA lie to advance leftist agenda!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MrSpad

We also have this thing called politicians never letting a 'crisis' go to waste.

Which ironically enough was the point Rush was making.

Why yes people there sure isn't 'nothing' political about climate change.

And there sure isn't 'nothing' political about NASA.

And there isn't sure 'nothing' political about Hollywood.

Back to FAUX outrage.

so finding water on mars is a crisis?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

I knew that moron would jump the shark on Martian water!

LOL!

When your entire career is one giant jumping of the shark, is it possible to jump the shark on this issue?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greywey
Hey guys, Rush has millions of listeners for years. If you want to understand why that is, you should also try listening. Also if you wanted to know exactly what he said instead of using other sources like Salon and Media Matters you can go direct to his site, he keeps a transcript of every show every day.

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

I simply raised what I think is an intelligent question: "How do you know? We've not been there. We have not had enough probes to go there to learn anything like this." But it was more than that that made me dubious. The announcement contained the following phrase, when explaining why the water that was there isn't there anymore on Mars. Why, it was a "catastrophic event probably brought on by climate change." How miraculous! How coincidental that we've now discovered "catastrophic" climate change on Mars that has destroyed an ocean.

Oh good, throw science denialism into the mix as well. Posting that link didn't help your case any. It just made Rush look more like a buffoon.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
And the war on science continues.

This one's right up there with Bill O'Riley saying, "The tide comes in, the tide goes out. No one knows how that happens."

NO Bill you don't know how it happens because you don't even have a basic understanding of science, much like your millions of followers along with Rush and his millions. It's what happens when society would rather live in a fantasy world and believe in superstitions instead of learning how to reason and think scientifically.

It's funny how NASA used to be looked up to as the smartest organization on the planet, then all a sudden when they started studying our own planet more the right, like Ted Cruz, went all bat sh## about it saying they don't know what they're talking about and should just stick to space. Like that's all NASA is competent enough to do. Or Limbaugh saying they are lying and have some kinda agenda..

Of course Cruz and Limbaugh couldn't possibly have an agenda! (Rolls eyes)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

LMAO! Yes, a scientific discovery is TOTALLY just a leftist agenda! Oh man, I can see Hillary running on the platform of "we found flowing water on Mars!"

Get real. Dude's just a religious nutjob who thinks water on Mars leading to the possibility of life counters his worldview and so he think's it's automatically wrong, similar to evangelicals arguing against evolution. What a tool.

How the hell can Mars have 'flowing water' no atmosphere. No industrialization. No fossile fuels emitting 'co2', and all the other rubbish.

Sorry but this is dead wrong. There is an atmosphere, it's just thinner than earth's. Mars isn't an ice box. In the summer it can get up to 80 degrees F during the day, well enough above freezing to cause previously frozen water to flow.

Matt Damon stars in the Martian where NASA suddenly releases 'new' information about Mars.

When Damon is famously known for his ultra left wing views. Hell the only movies he does are one with heavily political over tones.

Wow, he totally just proved it!

edit on 1-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
How is it a leap into fantasy to think that extremist look to science to construct the logic for their rhetoric? I am not saying what Rush says in this instance is correct but I think the underlying meaning is that he believes that information could be used to facilitate certain agendas (perhaps even Rush's own). I don't really listen to or care for the guy but people are being dishonest in ignoring the overall issue and instead picking apart the facts.

Not a single person has yet explained how discovering water flows on mars furthers the "leftist" agenda. By all means, elaborate. I'm certainly not suggesting that politicians do not try to use current events to their advantage, but suggesting it is a lie to promote liberalism makes no sense. What would be the purpose? Is GOP really that much against science that a discovery like this would promote the other side? If so it's the party that needs reform, not democrats or scientists.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

My comment was not partisan so I am not sure where you think I mentioned "liberals" . I mean there have been instances where science has been used to back up political and religious ideologies. The USSR had their science and propaganda. The NDASP. The Rulers of the hermit kingdom. Radical Islamist etc.

The dissemination of information is purposeful. You just have to decide whether you feel that purpose is beneficial or part of an ulterior motive. That is part of critical thinking.

Bertrand Russell had proposed that technocracies would rely on "experts" so specialized that you could not question them much less comprehend. We are entering that age. Theories and unverifiable (in the sense that a commoner could not do so) evidence are pushed on the public as settled issues and the public simply has to "trust" that this is true.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I was referring to what Limbaugh said when I mentioned liberalism. I just don't see the connection of how discovering flowing water on Mars (a completely apolitical event) has anything whatsoever to do with any agenda on either side. I was hoping somebody could explain it. Neo tried, but posted lies about Mars to do it and made numerous unfounded assumptions.

Most extremists do not look to science for anything. At best, they cherry pick it. Sometimes they flat out deny it because it conflicts with their religious views. More often than not, they create straw mans that redefine science and bastardize it in an attempt to promote their views as truth. I don't see any of this being the case here. Nobody's saying that people don't lie to promote things, or that governments always tell the truth, they are suggesting there is no connection in this case.

I could easily be wrong, but haven't seen a valid reason yet to support Limbaugh's comments (not saying that you do).

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Rush's "thinking" (I use the term loosely) is explained in the OP - water on Mars will be teamed with the discovery of a "lost civilization" to show that "global warming" wiped them out and so further the "liberal lie" of global warming here on earth.

Don't blame me for this - I'm just the messenger!!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Here's the thing. If something of that magnitude was discovered, it would take decades of study before even coming close to figuring out what caused the event that wiped them out. You'd also have to send people there, tons of them. If that were promoting "leftist" agenda, that's a very slow way to do it. In all likelihood, it's just the ravings of a nonsensical madman.

The guy is really worried that he may be wrong. Science couldn't have done something good, it HAD to be part of an agenda.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

One more time.

Matt Damon stars in the Martian where NASA suddenly releases 'new' information about Mars.

When Damon is famously known for his ultra left wing views. Hell the only movies he does are one with heavily political over tones.

Eylsium, Green Zone,Syriana and now the Martian.

Rush is RIGHT.

It's ALL about the politics.

So wait...now Hollywood is involved in this?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The godtards are running scared... Priceless! xD

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh ...... what's that saying in Hollywood ? There's no such thing as bad publicity, any publicity is good...

It would be torture for me to have to listen to him every day as some do....??
But he's got a Minion of followers.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This thread is hilarious. When I read this comment:

Rush DOES have a point.

If there is flowing water on mars the global warming crowd Has to rethink their so called 'science'.

...it immediately reminded me of this:

It's like talking to a robot trying to pass the Turing Test.

They might seem like regular people at first, but their brains are nothing but algorithms. Get them to talk long enough on a subject like climate change, and the "conversation" disintegrates into strings of pre-programmed talking points that are easy to see through, as they make no actual sense. Those are the limitations that come with "thoughts" that are clearly implanted, not formed.

Boy is it ever frightening when you realize you are talking to real people though isn't it! Oh that moment of horror on Bill Nye's face...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Just for the record. It is "Limbaugh" in my timeline.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Can't fix stupid.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

a reply to: MrSpad

We also have this thing called politicians never letting a 'crisis' go to waste.

Which ironically enough was the point Rush was making.

Why yes people there sure isn't 'nothing' political about climate change.

And there sure isn't 'nothing' political about NASA.

And there isn't sure 'nothing' political about Hollywood.

Back to FAUX outrage.

The only person trying to make a connection is Rush. A person who is mind so screwed up by drugs he spews nonsense and that not even he can put together to make a coherent thought. Climate Change is science. To deny it can only be based on non science. Trying to connect that to a movie, flowing water on Mars and Obama lacks any logic. You are just spouting out words and phrase with no logical connection. It reminds me of the guy on street corner screaming out random things that have no connection. If you want even a shred of credibility you need to at least have a coherent and logical connection between these random things you throw out. Start at the beginning and try and make some logical connections. Because I would love to hear how this call somehow connects in your mind.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo, if people can't simply understand that Rush was saying NASA is going to use this for an agenda, then they A. Refuse to understand, B. Love to bash Rush at any moment, C. Trolololololing

Their argument is saying how is this fact... Well the Muslim outreach has always been my go to point for actually all political agenda examples.

Maybe provide more about NASA lying.

I understand what he said, because unabashedly I listen, doesn't mean I agree with him, but I know what he's saying which is this water news will probably be used for an agenda...and that's really it. Why is everyone here wasting their lives on this?

Graffik

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Who actually listens to this person? Seriously?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Who actually listens to this person? Seriously?

There are quite a few people on ATS that come to mind that likely listen to this asshole.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join