It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 50 People Shot for the Second Weekend in a Row in Chicago

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: shockedonlooker
Skipper Obama's home state, run by the little buddy...imagine that!

Actually, the STATE is run by a Republican governor, for the first time in 20+ years. Unfortunately, he's trying to make changes in a mob-entrenched cesspool of favor barterers. You can imagine what happens when you attempt to "fix" things in that environment.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here are all the gun stats on Chicago...

Chicago Gun Violence Stats

I live in Chicago. Almost all the violence is concentrated in the west and south side of the city. Almost all of the violence is black on black (to a lesser degree hispanic) and gang related. 99% of the firearms are illegal obtained. Almost all the shooters can't even legally own a firearm.

Overall, Chicago is a very safe and world class city though despite its Democrat/liberal created fiscal problems. The vast majority of people have no business or any reason to be in the areas afflicted by this violence.

The reality is that this isn't a gun violence problem, but a black gang ghetto problem. Until we are willing to accept the truth of the matter, solutions will not come.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Shocking...or not. Guns are not the issue. Clean up the people problem and the gun crime will disappear.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TOYBEAR

Don't put words in my mouth, of course people of all races commit crimes.

I lived in that he'll hole City, gang bangers are a major problem. And the gang bangers aren't little old white (or black) ladies.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The mayor holds "Gang Leader Summits" where everyone agrees to go back to the hood and live in peace. The cease-fire lasts until after dinner that day. Another summit is called...rinse-repeat. This cycle started under mayor Daley and continues under Rahm Emmanuel.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TOYBEAR
I saw this posted on a rival site - boy oh boy were the supremacist out in full force.
Sucks that people are dying.
Sucks that they're killing each other.
Sad that they have little to no ability to change it.
Indoctrinated into crime.

-Toy the Bear

I agree it's sad and tragic BUT
They have every ability to change it.
There is nothing that forces these people to pick up a gun and go shoot someone.
Without fear of victims being armed there is little to stand in the way of criminal intent.
edit on 30-9-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Edit - My bad. It appears that no matter how many people are killed, gun control is not the answer.

The only gun control needed is keeping them out of the hands of criminals, but in a country with a constitution that protects someone's right to own and have firearms, you can't just take them away from everyone just in case they will commit a crime with them.

You are obviously ideologically driven, but I hope that you can at least accept the fact that criminals, by nature, disregard laws in order to do whatever the hell they please, to include taking human life by firearm. How is even stricter gun control in a place like Chicago going to stop that?

hint: It won't.

To be honest, I wasn't really suggesting the U.S should introduce gun control, I believe it is a U.S question and decision. I was driving at the fact that the pro-gun parts of the community claim that it's because of the U.K's gun control laws, we have the odd person killed by gunshot.

There are bad people in this world and no matter how much you try to educate them, they are just plain bad. Having gun controls doesn't stop this, but we know how fragile some people are and not having a gun lying around the house, is one less lethal weapon for them to go out on a killing spree with.

I appreciate you have tougher neighbourhoods and everyone should have the right to protect themselves. But I also believe our gun control laws are sufficient for the country's requirements, the two countries can't really be compared.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: shockedonlooker
Skipper Obama's home state, run by the little buddy...imagine that!

Actually, the STATE is run by a Republican governor, for the first time in 20+ years. Unfortunately, he's trying to make changes in a mob-entrenched cesspool of favor barterers. You can imagine what happens when you attempt to "fix" things in that environment.

Most violent crime in general occurs in cities and are gang related. The top 10 cities with the highest rate of violent crime are Blue. We should ask whether the policies enacted in these cities leads to a high crime rate.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
They made movies and glorified the italian mafia for all there crimes, damn those thugs lol.

People plz dont change heheh.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: luthier
Look at the stats when gang violence is taken out. Thats on the government for failing the people not guns.

I would argue that it's not the government's place nor duty to regulate human respect for life--it's a community and parental problem in these areas, not a governmental one.

Oh it is though. It's one of the most important. To protect the liberty of individuals. The non gang members have no protection nor do the children. Look at the LA riots. Where were the cops protecting? Korea town or Rodeao drive?

The government has a duty to uphold the law, protect property, and personal liberty. They don't do that if the people don't have money regardless of race.
edit on 30-9-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is a "black" ghetto culture thing. And I won't say sorry. It's not a race thing at all.

And here's why.

Young adults, mostly males of all colors like to emulate what they see on YouTube.

We have these "Chiraq" "Drillinois" rappers that exploit the ghetto life style.

Those records sell like crazy. They make millions.

Now we have a whiter than white kid named Slim Jesus rapping about shooting up people. He isn't even from Chicago. He's from Hamilton OH. He admits to not living that lifestyle but likes to rap about it.

I absolutely love Hip Hop. But this new generation of rappers suck balls.

I blame this on giant record labels glorifying the killer mentality. They make millions of dollars on really really dumb kids.

Those kids live what fake gangsters exploit.

It's almost like they have a soundtrack for their daily lives.

It's retarded dumb ass kids doing this.

It doesn't mater if they are black, brown, white or purple.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is where the black lives matter people need to be spreading their message. The news never wants to report the race of the victims and criminals. This is a culture problem with the black community. Definitely a shame so many lives are wasted before they can show their true value.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
This is a "black" ghetto culture thing. And I won't say sorry. It's not a race thing at all.

And here's why.

Young adults, mostly males of all colors like to emulate what they see on YouTube.

We have these "Chiraq" "Drillinois" rappers that exploit the ghetto life style.

Those records sell like crazy. They make millions.

Now we have a whiter than white kid named Slim Jesus rapping about shooting up people. He isn't even from Chicago. He's from Hamilton OH. He admits to not living that lifestyle but likes to rap about it.

I absolutely love Hip Hop. But this new generation of rappers suck balls.

I blame this on giant record labels glorifying the killer mentality. They make millions of dollars on really really dumb kids.

Those kids live what fake gangsters exploit.

It's almost like they have a soundtrack for their daily lives.

It's retarded dumb ass kids doing this.

It doesn't mater if they are black, brown, white or purple.

The larger issue is that most of these kids are being raised in single parent homes. They have no productive role models to emulate other than rappers, hustlers, and athletes as that is all they see. You basically have young black men being raised with no fathers and hood rat mothers. It is literally like Lord of the Flies in these hoods.

Until we fix the 75% out of wedlock birthrate first, the culture will never change.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This is where the black lives matter people need to be spreading their message. The news never wants to report the race of the victims and criminals. This is a culture problem with the black community. Definitely a shame so many lives are wasted before they can show their true value.

The BLM minstrels of other black leftist will ignore this daily carnage because it doesn't fit the narrative they are promoting which is that black folks are victims and there is an evil white man holding us down.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We were told that getting rid of Chicago's gun control would fix this problem. What a shock that more guns didn't decrease crime! Where are all the "responsible gun owners" putting down all these gangsters?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
We were told that getting rid of Chicago's gun control would fix this problem. What a shock that more guns didn't decrease crime! Where are all the "responsible gun owners" putting down all these gangsters?

Not hanging out in the hood with them. The responsible ones are also the smart ones...let them kill eachother and I don't have to fire a single shot.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

If only there wasn't so much gun con.... Oh wait, there isn't.

I appreciate the pro gun lobby won't comment on this thread, but as soon as one person dies in the U.K by gunshot wound, they jump all over it, exclaiming that it probably wouldn't happen if the U.K didn't have such tight gun controls.

Edit - My bad. It appears that no matter how many people are killed, gun control is not the answer.

Criminals, as in the op, will still obtain guns. Leaving those who need to protect themselves not having protection.

Maybe the answer lies in poverty control(you know like not sending all employment over seas) to ending the cycle of poverty in the inner cities, then gangs won't have such a hold. Maybe it will help keep the growing gangs from coming up into the suburbs to recruit wannabe gangbangers who are know to be even more violent than established members.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There are bad people in this world and no matter how much you try to educate them, they are just plain bad. Having gun controls doesn't stop this, but we know how fragile some people are and not having a gun lying around the house, is one less lethal weapon for them to go out on a killing spree with.

While I will concede that access to firearms can be easy for some mentally disturbed people, it's not fair to imply that most gun owners just leave their firearms "lying around the house," easily accessible to those who live in or visit it. The dramatic majority of gun owners keep their firearms locked up safely--at least the responsible ones do, and in my own anecdotal experience, I have yet to meet anyone who just leaves their guns lying around accessible to anyone willing to pick it up and shoot people with it...and I know a LOT of gun owners.

I appreciate you have tougher neighbourhoods and everyone should have the right to protect themselves. But I also believe our gun control laws are sufficient for the country's requirements, the two countries can't really be compared.

I agree with this--the two countries can't be compared, but I think my stance on the issue is that I'd rather have the 'inconveniences' of too much freedom than the inconveniences of too little. I think the UK has too little freedoms when it comes to firearm ownership, but like you said, to each (country) their own.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I said nothing about a government's duty to protect, I said the government doesn't have a duty to regulate human respect for life.

Police protection and instilling respect for life are not even remotely the same thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Here are all the gun stats on Chicago...

Chicago Gun Violence Stats

I live in Chicago. Almost all the violence is concentrated in the west and south side of the city. Almost all of the violence is black on black (to a lesser degree hispanic) and gang related. 99% of the firearms are illegal obtained. Almost all the shooters can't even legally own a firearm.

Overall, Chicago is a very safe and world class city though despite its Democrat/liberal created fiscal problems. The vast majority of people have no business or any reason to be in the areas afflicted by this violence.

The reality is that this isn't a gun violence problem, but a black gang ghetto problem. Until we are willing to accept the truth of the matter, solutions will not come.

If what you are saying is accurate (I have no reason to believe that it isn't) then I guess we should just wait it out and let them fix the problems for us. That's by killing each other off one day at a time. Ok that is harsh...but seriously don't these guys have anything better to do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join